Chair Covers & Linens

I love what I do!

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I have been working at Chair Covers & Linens

Pros

Chair Covers and Linens is a great opportunity. I have been with the company for 5 years and would not change a thing. Just the right amount of challenge to keep me on my toes and keep things exciting. The event industry is not for everyone, it's a lifestyle not a job! I get to travel and meet and see what I consider to be my friends everyday. Sometimes i get paid to party! I get to help make a differnce in the lives of those having some of the most important events of their lives such as a wedding. It's a gratifying experience. The benifits are a co-pay 50/50 and quality coverage. Salary is fitting for the industry with clear goals and bonuses available. Management is understanding of personal challenges but tough on the sales front.

Cons

Management is tough on the sales front. REAL salespeople need only apply for this type of position with CCL. I have seen some fail misserably but believe that they were not the right fit for the company. The company has gone through and continues to go through restructuring which can cause some anxiety from time to time but the evolution is positive. Lots of roadwork so this is something those that work in this position need to enjoy. Big enough company to maintain contender status but management team is straped for time to nurture sales managers. This is a self guided position if that is for you.

As part of the evolution, the need for further sales support seems to evident. Top management seems to need some further support as well. I know in time the successes will alow for the budget to do so, but look for ways to speed this process up.

One Big Cult!

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Madison Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Madison Heights, MI

I worked at Chair Covers & Linens

Pros

Good product line. Innovative thinking owner.

Cons

Clicky people at corporate office. Bad benefits. Instead of helping customers with legitimate problems they go through why they are probably wrong first and usually do not end up helping or reinbursing the client. No one answers the phone who's dedicated. They all where too many hats.

Be the leader you think you are.