Chamberlain College of Nursing Reviews

1. Good company, in need of some internal process upgrades

Current Employee - Healthcare Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Healthcare Development Specialist

I have been working at Chamberlain College of Nursing full-time

Pros

quality program, care for employees, students and alumni, lots of opportunities for advancement

Cons

Not many cons. Wish there was a petty cash card to use for expenses. Quick reimbursement helps

Keep Chamberlains values not Devrys

2. Harrassment

Former Employee - Assistant Professor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Professor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Chamberlain College of Nursing

Pros

Salary was decent and location

Cons

Previous instructor that was told "pass" my group through or "could" lose my job. Bullied and harassed by Phoenix campus leadership. Brought concerns to human resources and they did nothing. Went to ethics compliance and they td the campus dean who confronted me about making the compliant!! Harassed and forced to resign as was treated like a prisoner in a war camp! Should have realized issues when faculty turn over was high when started. So, nothing has changed!!?? Wow! Perspective faculty and students beware!!

Watched out chamberlain senior management!! One day the state board will shut the program down for misconduct and gross academic falsification!! The media is paying attention to all the corrupt nursing schools!!

Sad state of affairs.

I have been working at Chamberlain College of Nursing

Pros

The pros include working a flexible schedule and able to work with students.

Cons

The Phoenix campus leadership is out of control. They take cheating to a new level. Some instructors prepare students to the tests and not the overall material needed for the course. When students fail the exams, the instructors give students sufficient points back to ensure that they pass the exams and the course, even if the student does not know the material. When an instructor with a back bone or ethics decides not to change grades, then the faculty chair goes into the course shell and changes test scores so that students pass the course. I hate to be the patient being cared for by these students. Nursing is a trusted profession, shouldn't nurse education be the same? Sadly, no one in the organization cares that we are forced to change grades - ethics seriously lack within this organization.

The CEO should take serious action against the organization president, as well as the entire leadership team at the Phoenix campus!

5. CCN Work environment

Current Employee - Student Services Advisor in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Student Services Advisor in Addison, IL

I have been working at Chamberlain College of Nursing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Strong family oriented culture
    -Team camaraderie for each department
    -Strong leadership from the campus president and department heads
    -Excellent information technology tools and support to service the students
    -Institution is growing so more opportunities for career advancement

Cons

-Low salary increase every year
    -Limited campus space

6. Great Place

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor

I have been working at Chamberlain College of Nursing

Pros

Benefits, great management team, opportunity outside of a single department, flexible schedule enabled the ability to have active roll in family activities. Very caring group with genuine care for employees

Cons

Can burn out and seemingly monotonous days after a few years. Sometimes felt like high school with the cliques, created a interesting dynamic at times.

7. I love my job!

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Chamberlain College of Nursing as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, flexibility, good pay, good people to work with, good students, great program

Cons

8 week rotations, wish they were longer so you could count on a paycheck for sure

Keep up the good work!

8. Really enjoy working as a visiting professor!

Former Contractor - Visiting Nursing Professor
    Former Contractor - Visiting Nursing Professor

I worked at Chamberlain College of Nursing as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and good salary

Cons

Completing OCO's is always time consuming. Schedule and school could be more organized.

9. Stable Job, but limited growth

I have been working at Chamberlain College of Nursing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am never worried about my position here. The seem to keep employees around, even the seemingly unstable ones. I'm not sure if its loyalty or laziness, but definitely nice to not have to worry about job security.

Cons

There is very limited opportunities for growth in this company, from my experience. There is also a lot of unprofessionalism here.

I think it would be nice if leadership could be evaluated by their subordinates, to keep them on task.

10. Enjoyed my time at Chamberlain

Former Employee - Federal Work Study Student Lab Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Federal Work Study Student Lab Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chamberlain College of Nursing part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the Lab Specialist who were or are RN's on their specialty unit.

Cons

Challenge for me was balancing school, work and home life.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chamberlain College of Nursing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This was my first real job out of college; I've worked in their RN-BSN admissions department for nearly a year. Great place to work - I love my coworkers first and foremost and have really made some lasting friendships here. Standard 40 hour work week, fantastic benefits package, and management communicates with you and treats you fairly. I always feel as though I am respected and part of a team and enjoy coming to work.

Cons

The work itself is quite repetitive and it seems very competitive and difficult to move up or grow within the company. It is a very numbers oriented workplace and can be stressful at times if you do not produce.