Champion Technologies Reviews

Champion Technologies President and CEO Tom Amonett
Tom Amonett

Good Experience.

I worked at Champion Technologies as an intern

Pros

I got a company car to use in the plant, a lot of plant experience and relationships, and was able to work on a waste water treatment project.

Cons

Pay wasn't that great. Would've liked to travel more.

Ok, but pay wasn't competitive.

Former Employee - Research Chemist  in  Fresno, TX
    Former Employee - Research Chemist in Fresno, TX

I worked at Champion Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, some management, and work life balance.

Cons

Communication between core groups on joint projects.

Challenging But Rewarding

I have been working at Champion Technologies

Pros

Your contributions have company-wide visible impacts. The limited work force requires those who are willing to extra responsibilities. Rapid growth demands contnual change in work philosophy.

Cons

Rapid growth has revealed the limited resources of a small company. The lack of standardization and documentation is prevalent but was necessary for a growing market.

Continue to demand standardization

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible company....horrible product

Former Employee - Chemist  in  Fresno, TX
    Former Employee - Chemist in Fresno, TX

I worked at Champion Technologies for less than a year

Pros

I got to work with many different types of lab equipment

Cons

The company itself seems like a happy family before you start. It's not until after you start how you find out how everyone is unhappy with everyone else. There are a lot of politics in this company. I have worked at large companies and small companies and I've never run into so many people who would back stab you at almost any moment. This is probably one of the worst experiences I've had working for an employer. When I got laid off, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Management wasn't very involved in anything. They laid off people who worked at the company for 25+ years...and new employees.

Champion Technologies - Privately held oil and gas production company

I worked at Champion Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Multiple locations in the USA, Canada and South America. Technologies developed by Champion were reliable for oilfield production application.

Cons

Management needed to clear decision through ownership. During my tenure management

Champion is now owned by Nalco and Ecolab. Don't know how the company operates at present. Most of the people I knew are no longer at Champion so how the company operates now is an open question.

Great Company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Champion Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Family owned. Great benefits. Business processes are well established.

Cons

Very little room for advancement.

Mng. needs to be more responsible for who goes out on they're own to unfamiliar places and hazards.

Former Employee - Chemist Il  in  Victoria, TX
    Former Employee - Chemist Il in Victoria, TX

I worked at Champion Technologies full-time

Pros

pays decent and very small organized,, tight group. (Don't tell Ervin). Get to learn about the different chemicals that are used for the oil and gas facility or production plant.

Cons

Merge is effecting managements ability to manage

Drop the pen and paper and jump in the truck with one of your salesman or drivers to prove that not only can you send them out in the boondocks, you can RUN around out there just as well.

Not the same Champion

Current Employee - Lab/Technical
    Current Employee - Lab/Technical

I have been working at Champion Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Still family oriented in some areas.
    Decent pay for the job I was doing.
    Flexible hours/time off.

Cons

Way to much management. The senior management works off the "good ole boy" system. Most promotions are made based off of who you know instead of actual merit.
    It takes to much time for the management to assess a situation and make a decision, Many areas in Champion are being ignored and allowed to fail, from a business perspective, because of the time it would take to sort out the problems.
    Since the Ecolab buy out Champion has started to be absorbed into Nalco and the cultures and values are very different across these companies. Many customers are led to believe that they will be recieving the same great Champion service and product, when actually they will be getting the worst of what has been thrown together from the merger.
    The new management is all about the bottom line. There is no hint of the "One Champion" mentality anymore.

The very top managers in every department need to have serious conversations with the lowest paid employees. Skip the meetings with the semi-upper and middle management.The only thing you will get from that level is that everything is great! There is a lot of fat in the upper and middle management that needs trimming. Take a long honest look at the difference in experience and pay grades for the same jobs across the ABU. You will be very suprised at what you find. Invest in good, knowledgeable people and pay to keep them. Otherwise, this company will fall. It is already on the way down.

Have worked at Corsicana technologies for around 9 years

Current Employee - Maint Tech  in  Corsicana, TX
    Current Employee - Maint Tech in Corsicana, TX

I have been working at Champion Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

benefits are okay pay is pretty good

Cons

management could use some attention

I have never seen so much favoritism on a jobsite in my life employees in this department that have been there longer than anyone and has seniority take advantage of it when there is work to be done and people could use some help out in the plant I guess it makes them feel better not working as a team as it should be new management has taken over in the past couple of years or so and this department has went down hill I wished they could have a undercover c e o to work in this department it would be a shock to Nalco maybe something can be done about this time will tell by the way this is the maintenance dep if u cant post this review no one will never no about this

Professional Appearance and Customer Retention

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at Champion Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company.
    Easy to communicate
    Technical assistance.
    Expenses paid without delay.

Cons

My manager who was professional and capable of helping strengthen customer relationships was replaced with a person who had no clue about propriety.

Promote people who actually wear the right uniform when in a sales job. Police wear a specific uniform. Pilots wear a specific uniform. Sales people need to do the same. Showing up in a T shirt to have lunch at a very nice restaurant is not being respectful to customers.

Worked for Champion Technologies? Contribute to the Community!