Champion Window Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Todd Dickson`

Change can be a good thing

I have been working at Champion Window (More than a year)

Pros

New CEO is making exciting changes for the company. Building a solid team with direction great things to come for the company.

Cons

When there is change there are some people who may be resistant to the change.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

Blind to fixing the problem

Former Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Champion Window full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mostly stand behind their products. They will fix what they're supposed to if you're the squeaky wheel. Unfortunately you HAVE to be the squeaky wheel because the multitude of problems is SO great you'll get lost in the stack at some point.

Cons

They have a major issue with seal failures and unfortunately they don't want to (or can't) spend the money to actually fix it. The management is SO pressed to meet numbers that they make poor short term decisions that eventually COST'S MORE down the road (down the road might even be the next week or month). This is not uncommon for larger companies but at some point the systems they have in place require good people in the right positions to manage the customers' final experience. In summary, I see a company that keeps throwing buckets of water out the side of the boat all while looking at the hole in the bottom of the sinking ship and saying "somebody should fix that". They know what is costing them money long term but are trying to rebrand and bring in revenue in to pay for a problem that's keeping them from truly rebranding and gaining revenue in the long run.

Advice to Management

Listen to your local branches. Retool in the factory if you have to -OR- buy your glass from a supplier that won't cost YOU or your branches money from the service nightmares that are eating up profits. Plug the hole, then pump the water out. Sales will increase your revenue short term (it's not the answer to the problem), managing costs and having better service and products is what keeps you around for the long haul. But that isn't new information you already know that.

Store Management does not invest in its staff professionally.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Champion Window full-time

Pros

Good product and a great warranty. Very large corporation that employees many Americans. Window products are American made.

Cons

There are some problems within the company that is clear but basically unspoken. Promises made that are not kept. Huge turnover across the nation. If your store District Manager is not on top of their job then likely, you will lose your job.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a check and balance system so good people do not get stepped on and all associates will prosper.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Champion Window full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stands behind their products and name recognition.

Cons

Not innovative and blind to market changes.

Advice to Management

Good employees are hard to find. Work to keep the one's you have.

Bad experience, not enough leads to make a living.

I worked at Champion Window

Pros

The products are high quality. They have great control of their Manufacturing facilities. They have a good training program.

Cons

There are not enough leads to earn commission. They changed pay structure after you are their a while. They make it so that what you thought was a gaurentee is not.

Advice to Management

Produce more leads. Don't change pay structure after someone starts. Commission rate of 5% is well below industry average of 10 to 15%.

7. Challenging and stressful at times, but rewarding

Current Employee - Installation Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Installation Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Champion Window

Pros

I am able to make my own schedule for the most part. I have a company vehicle and gas card big plus. Good benefits.

Cons

When we get busy it is stressful don't always get needed parts on time or they come wrong or damaged. Sometimes have very interesting customers and they are a challenge to satisfy.

Advice to Management

Work on getting manufacturing in line so there are less mistakes. Have the product loaded better in the trucks so it will arrive in better shape.

A Great Company that manufactures and provides superior products and maintains a solid reputation in the marketplace

Current Employee - Division Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Champion Window full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Champion has given me with the opportunity to run an extremely successful business with an appropriate amount of autonomy and provided me and my team with the resources, brand and procedures to ensure that success. The leadership team is open to and encourages the input of everyone in the Champion family and often implements those ideas, enhancements and procedures into the normal operating procedures. The income potential has a very high ceiling and productivity is handsomely rewarded.

Cons

The home improvement business is a very competitive world. It takes a unique individual and skill set to succeed. We have experienced an inordinate amount of changes in our leadership over the previous few years which brings change and adjustments. Those changes have both pros and cons but the challenge of accepting change can be difficult for some.

Advice to Management

Keep and open mind. Continue to reach out to the tenured members of this great team and stay focused on CONTINUED growth.

Great Company!

I have been working at Champion Window

Pros

Compensation is very rewarding if you put the work in. Largest home improvement company in the nation. Manufacturers high efficiency, quality products!

Cons

"99% of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses" You get out of it what you put in.

Great Home

Current Employee - Division Manager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Champion Window full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been an employee for fifteen years in three separate locations. We have been through highs and survived through the economic struggle where most companies failed. Great to see us moving back to the top. We are a company that truly cares about the customer. We offer high quality products at a fair price with the best warranties in the business. It is a honor to work for this company and call my fellow employees top to bottom "family".

Cons

With any company, there is change. There has been some turnover in various positions.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing. Stay focused on the goals and continue reaching out to your proven veterans.

20+ years with this company and looking for more

Current Employee - Division Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Champion Window full-time

Pros

Started 21 years ago as the bottom level and they have allowed me to grow from installer, to lead installer, to factory rep, to sales manager, to one of their Managing Partners. They have been their to support and train me along the way. It is a career that financially rewards you for your effort.. New CEO actually understands all aspects of this business unlike past management. He understands that customer satisfaction is the way to positive business growth with our customers and employees.

Cons

Been a lot of changes over the years, but we are in growth mode and have a positive outlook. Just like anything in life, it takes hard work to achieve success. We are rebuilding, so be patient and it will be a rewarding career.

Advice to Management

Remember what made us successfull and use all your leaders

RSS Feed </> Embed