Chandler Macleod

Chandler Macleod Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good as a stepping stone in your career

Account Manager (Former Employee) Canberra (Australia)

ProsGood induction for new staff and strong foundation in psychometric testing.

ConsManagement can be focused on the bottom line and not provide support to properly undertake your job. With numerous mergers, there is a need to constantly upgrade and merge systems. This is all good, if it is run properly and not provide constant change without proper training.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave proper change management in place, reward loyal employees and provide support so that employees can best undertake their role.

Horrible working environment

Company Realist (Former Employee) Bendigo (Australia)

ProsIt's a job and you get paid for it.

ConsNo support whatsoever, the big guys only care about their pocket and how full it is, no benefits at all, managers and team leaders are all in it together and for themselves, over the past two years majority have either resigned or been made redundant. Not many offices or employees left Australia wide, quite concerning.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking about your employees. Too many people on BIG BUCKS with NO BRAINS! And take a look at your staff turn over in the past 3 years instead of your petty profit making and unrealistic KPIS.

The most disorganised soulless company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere was nothing positive about this experience.

ConsPressured in to unsuitable temp roles that were nothing like roles discussed at interview, no check ups on how roles were progressing, zero support, never once offered me a role within the pay expectations I set out at interview- despite the interviewee saying my expectations were appropriate, contant mistakes with pay, arrogant staff who failed to respond to important queries, utterly disheartening experience.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Once was people orientated now only concerned with Profit margin

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDeveloped skills in recruitment, learnt great people skills, met some really great people. not much else can be said as the company are too busy trying to make money.

Constoo many people passing the 'buck' and not enough ownership or . Not enough people doing the jobs, the lowest workers did all the work whilst upper management rode their tails claiming to be the backbone of it all. No recognition or reward for the real workers of the company. witnessed too many 'bad recruiters' and their attitudes towards other staff and candidates/customers. most staff had no people skills and had little training. there was no accountability and people did what they liked when using the systems, there was no continuity across the company. They had great culture and values that were not followed or if they were they were not recognised nor rewarded.

Advice to Senior Managementgo back to when the company believed in their staff and the qualities they could bring to the company. Stop worrying about what profits are being made and focus on becoming a service that provides a quality service instead of a bottom of the barrel job.

Big Company with no heart or soul left

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

Proslearnt about recruitment, enjoyed working with some of the staff, not a lot was positive from my experience of working at this company except that i became a better people person and i learnt what my strength are as a employee - no thanks to the company.

Constoo many people who had no training or even people skills involved in this company. Upper management are too concerned with the profit margin rather than the quality of the business - which was how the business was run when i first began working there. No accountability and too much passing the buck. they have a great list of values and cultures but nobody pays attention to them and if you do there is no recognition nor reward for it.

Advice to Senior Managementgo back to focusing on high quality and improve the service to what it use to be. Make clients and candidates and staff feel they are wanted and or needed. Listen to the people who are making YOU the money as you ride their coat tails and pat yourselves on the back for their good work. With out the workers you do not exist - acknowledge this and the rewards will be 10 fold.

unpleasant with senior managers behaving badly

Health (Former Employee)

ProsGreat income and perks especially in the first 12 months. Great welcome.

Conscorporate top heavy behavior and use of lawyers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure if fixing is possible however agree with a previous entry recommending not to stay more than 12 months.

Awesome Place

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Jakarta (Indonesia)

ProsGood working culture, very healthy competition, strong analysis of candidates - we don't just throw CVs at clients and push them to close the deal, instead we analyze and make sure it's a good fit

ConsCMG Jakarta is a new acquisition, many challenges and the company has not found its shape yet, but if you enjoy start up environment there is a good opportunity to shine and be recognized

Advice to Senior ManagementStay awesome!

Surviving in a challenging times

Accounts (Current Employee)

ProsWorlk Life Balance
     - Great emphasis on work life balance
     - Great relationships with clients

ConsHighly competitive Market place
     Cost base is bit too high - Inflexibility in market downturns to react rapidly in order to stay competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow to react to Market Dynamisms
    Too dependent on few large customers.

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGood benefits and annual leave

ConsWeak top management and draconian KPIs. Unethical management of staff for a company which apparently sits on Apsco

Quite a negative experience, an organisation that appears to be run by an overpaid boys club.

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsIf you are new or looking to get into recruitment, I am sure they will hire you. Good for getting some recruitment experience under your belt, but would get out after 12 months.

ConsBecause of the huge cost structure at senior levels of management and their ever growing debt due to failed acquisition they pay poorly, both base and commission structures and offer very little for staff in regards to social and extras which is definitely one of the perks of working in recruitment.

Worked for Chandler Macleod? Contribute to the Community!