Chanel

Chanel Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Chanel Président-Directeur Général Maureen Chiquet

Maureen Chiquet

Pros
  • Discount, bragging rights, nice view from the 44th floor(in 4 reviews)

• Great discount at company store(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not respected; this is a very demanding workplace(in 3 reviews)

• Senior Management is totally out of touch with the front line issues of the business(in 4 reviews)

Encouraging, fulfilling, great learning experience

Merchandising Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork and collaborate with a very talented and collaborative team. Being at CHANEL is incredible learning experience. You will become very knowledgeable in understanding quality and luxury craftsmanship very quickly. CHANEL teaches their employees the importance of protecting and managing a prestigious luxury brand.

ConsVery difficult to move up at CHANEL. Majority of the employees have been there for over 10 years at least. It is very difficult to get a job there right out of a college, they are not very keen on hiring recent college graduates. Work-life balance appears very challenging until you reach the executive level.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better support to various department directors on every level. Encourage younger employees to grow with brand

I have 35 years in retail have great relationship we store managers and venders

Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Proschanel has top of the Line in great fragances I can sell chanel to any age group male or female phenomenal
    brands

Conswilling to give more gratis to store manager and managers in the department store's and they will work harder to get chanel great brands out the store more faster and you will develop biggers numbers in SELL!!!!

Advice to Senior Managementhiring me for the job retail account executive and I will bring the numbers up too the next LEVEL

Amazing company to work for.

Counter Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsThe history and the legacy of the brand provides for a stable and well-routed job environment.

ConsI have very few cons other then lack of time with upper management .

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to not over saturate your managers so that they are not spread so thin.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Care Rep.

Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsGreat discount at company store.

ConsPay is $13.00 hr. for their customer care representatives with is very low for what they want done. Great workers leaving company everyday. Poor management from Ageis Communications Group which is their 3rd party office supervision. Change employee's work schedules often.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay, Better Management in customer care department.

life-changing

Summer Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosamazing exposure to the brand culture, and great perks for interns

Conshard to move up, no guarantee of job after completion of internship

I love the house of Chanel.

Business Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI love the heritage of the company.

ConsIt's challenging working for Chanel and a department store at that same time. The politics involved and such.

A good start

Key Account Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWorked in Sales Force which meant we were removed from the corporate office in NYC. Did learn a lot about managing and driving a retail business. Good opportunity to build relationships with the retailers.

ConsDoesn't promote from within. If you want to get promoted you'll have to quit and go somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider promoting field people into higher management positions.

Amazing and prestigious brand, but not much else

Business Development Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI worked at Chanel for five months as an intern during college. This was one of the better internship programs I have experienced, with heavy emphasis on experiencing the culture and brand of Chanel. Several intern events were held throughout the semester, including a trip to the beauty product processing plant outside of New York City. Interns were also invited to attend the annual Communiqué and other company events. Work-life balance was great, with most of the office working from 9-5.

Cons-Almost no promotion - I have seen people in entry-level or administrative assistant positions for years.
    -Interns are not paid.
    -Work was often menial and much of the decision-making and creative work happens in Paris, so the NY office can seem like a puppet company.

Beauty Analyste

Beauty Analyste (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsChanel is an image. I feel prestigious working for this company. Luxury is our main goal. Great customer service is a must.

ConsVery competitive workplace. You must build your own client base- make them love you, and they will come to see only you.

Representing one of the most world renowned Beauty Companies is definitely a privilege.

Chanel Freelance Fragrance Model (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsOne of the most valuable things I have gained from working for Chanel is the knowledge I've learned about fragrances in general which cross-references into other fragrance jobs I have had.

ConsHaving worked representing Chanel fragrances over the past few years I have yet to receive formal training, so the challenge is that I have had to research and ask questions to self-educate.

Worked for Chanel? Contribute to the Community!