Chango

Updated August 28, 2014
4.3

Chango CEO Chris Sukornyk
Chris Sukornyk

Best Company I've for- truly a 5-Star!

I worked at Chango

Pros

The people! Probably the smartest bunch of people I've worked in my career. Fast and efficient. Great output for a company of its size.
    No politics/no bureaucracy- managers will listen to your ideas and they truly care about you on a personal level.
    There is a lot of room for growth within the company.

Cons

None.
    This company is not a place for underachievers.

note: please ignore that idiot below who rated this company a one star. Clearly the idiot just worked for the paycheck and probably got fired since he/she didn't perform.

everything is all about appearances

I worked at Chango full-time

Pros

- free food and drinks
    - great company events
    - young and bright people (for the most part)
    - friendly coworkers

Cons

Everything about this place is all about how much work you SEEM to be doing, and how well the campaigns APPEAR to be doing. People seem more focussed on keeping up appearances than on the actual result. This is when I knew it wasn't the company for me.

Unethical employers! Stay away!

I worked at Chango full-time

Pros

It's a paycheck. That's about all.

Cons

Their technology consistently comes in as the worst performer on EVERY media plan. They encourage shady sales practices and the Google encryption of referring URLs totally ruined their whole algorithm. They're all smoke and mirrors at this point.

They're padding the numbers and everyone internally sees it. It's just a matter of time before they implode.

Be honest for once.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive, supportive and progressive.

I have been working at Chango

Pros

Cutting edge technology, we build smart solutions that work. Everyone in Management is supportive. Communication is very open and they push the idea that it is OUR company. I have been able to speak with engineers, support, Chris (CEO) and anyone els I need to with a simple email or call. Co-workers are fun, there are a ton of good people at the company. Account support is a big focus and Chango commits to it. You always have support when closing business and running it.

Cons

None at the moment that I can think of at the moment.

Exceeds expectations

Current Employee - Client Development
    Current Employee - Client Development

I have been working at Chango full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome culture, people are top notch, products are unique and compelling, client list is enviable and growing.

Cons

Typical resource crunches associated with a late-stage startup environment. But the energizing atmosphere keeps everyone going!

Really great company!

Current Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Chango full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people and sophisticated technology.

Cons

Nothing to mention at the moment.

Innovative Company - Great People

I have been working at Chango for less than a year

Pros

Intelligent people across the board. Fast-moving, innovative company. Clear product-differentiation from competitors. A company where people genuinely care about one another...and an Executive team that emphasizes that from a company culture standpoint. A place that is challenging, fun, fast-paced, and rewarding all in one.

Cons

Still a start-up in many ways (which has many positives) but also causes there to be growing pains with things like communication, operations, etc.

Chango Response

Jun 9, 2014Online Marketing Manager

Thanks for the review! We're working on those growing pains, we really are! Glad to know you are being challenged every day but are still able to enjoy our fun Chango culture :)

Never knew it could be this good...I thought I was happy at my old job, but I am way happier now

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Chango full-time for less than a year

Pros

People value each other. The company will work hard and make sacrifices for other's success. I've seen unbelievable team-work since my team here. People want to make you into the best team player that you can possibly be. You are a part of the equation. That being said, the company expects a lot from each player pretty quickly so you need to prove yourself.

Cons

Different departments have different perceptions of the accessibility of mentors and the Chango culture. that being said, everyone loves the company itself and the people.

Continue doing what you're doing. Promote your team and individuals within it.

Great experience and great environment

Current Employee - Marketing Intern  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Chango as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Chango was very welcoming when I first started. The marketing team started giving me work Day 1 which I loved. The employees here at Chango demonstrate team work constantly. The work environment is calm but calm in a good way since everyone is working hard.

Cons

At first, tasks may seem unclear but after asking a few questions they become clear.

stay great!

Great people, great technology, great culture.

Current Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Chango full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cliche to say, but some of the best and brightest people I've every been around and worked with. The feeling of... "I'm sure glad they're on my team, and not playing for the other guys." Not to mention we have top-notch technology/solutions to back it all up. Really great work environment, team setting, and overall work hard / play hard mentality.

Cons

As with any start-up, you need to be able to adapt quickly as things can change course quickly... not really a con, just the nature of the beast!

Continue to embrace and fuel the fun and energetic culture as we grow regionally, nationally, and internationally.

Worked for Chango? Contribute to the Community!