Channel Intelligence
www.channelintelligence.com Orlando, FL 150 to 499 Employees

Channel Intelligence Reviews

Updated Apr 28, 2014
Channel Intelligence – Celebration – “View from the courtyard”

Doug Alexander

Last year before sale to Google was great

ProsFun, passionate people. Splitting off myList saved the company.

ConsIt ended with sale to Google.

Great company to work

Development (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsWorking with a lot of smart people. It was a fast pace environment and learn how to tackle different problems.

ConsToo many times we tried and worked in things that did not go anywhere. Looks like management had problems staying focused. But during the last year there was a change in management and things really improved a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate in doing a few things and doing them well.

Great people, but overworked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Celebration, FL

ProsThis is the most intelligent group of employees I've ever met. You'll be inspired every day by the people around you. If you want to learn, this is the place to be.

Consthe work never ends. There is no 9-5 here; though you may be in the office those hours, you'll be working the rest of the night at home.

Advice to Senior Managementbalance workload for the employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Progressive Company with Opportunities in Several Business Disciplines

Performance Marketing Support (Current Employee)
    Celebration, FL

ProsPlenty of opportunities to work on projects that directly impact the company' bottom-line.
    Many transferable skill sets can be acquired.

ConsThis is a fast-paced, demanding business. Expect to put in lots of time to be effective. You'll need to be flexible to be successful here.

Tough place for the honest, hard working, and skilled

Direector (Former Employee)
    Celebration, FL

ProsRelatively smart people. Good baseline structure of technology and theory. Marquee customers though losing lots of cutomers.

ConsHighly uneducated senior management. Few have the qualifications: academic or work experience. They have board level friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo so close... deliver on promises to employees, customers, and selves.

Lack of Leadership, Vision and Severe lack of Communication

Celebration, FL

ProsLots of perks, free snacks, drinks, work from home, great people in the offices who are motivated and smart.

ConsWorking at Channel Intelligence has been interesting, the leadership and communication on my team is non-existent, leadership at higher levels while improving still hasn’t made its way down the ranks. Its still the status “Quo” mantra and is most frustrating to come to work where you know you have a lot to offer but, with no communication and level of expectations your contributions will never be exposed or valued. There is no communicated strategic vision of where the company is heading, nor any communication as to what is expected of you; daily, short term, long terms goals. The system used are developed in-house that are often times broken and filled with bugs. While this company has a lot to offer I feel the lack of competent leadership with the ability to lead, and communicate effectively will ultimately create high turn over.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate expectations, take the time to lead / train your team, deliver on promises made before employees become disgruntled, utilize the talents and knowledge of the individuals your hired, and push your team to excel, the status quo is unacceptable. This is a technology company use the power of technology to expand the capabilities of your team to be more effective, efficient.

Insane to the brain, really!

Vice President Product Management (Current Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsSome quality people here and there.
    Winters are amazing. Work can be thought provoking.

ConsUnethical, revisionist, disloyal, political, hubris especially the C-Suite. CEO, CTO, CFO, SVP of Sales, Senior Vice President of Commerce for MyList, CPO generally do not get along with each other. Ethical people are walked over and chastised publicly. Too many quality people let go, too many of wrong people let stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestors need to clean house

Major management problems as the others said

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Celebration, FL

Pros- Health care package when I was there was strong
    - Vacation was average
    - Pay was reasonable

ConsAfter being hired, I was warned by a VP the first week that multiple others had been in my managerial position and did not last long. This shocked me but I shrugged it off wanting to do the best job I could. Within weeks I was fired for changing my task priority. I asked what to do with VP A's task that I was assigned and was told in no uncertain terms by VP B that he would take care of it. When manager A found out from me I was no longer on his task, he went ballistic and said that was the way to get shown the door here. I asked for us all to get together and talk it out as adults as I was willing to doing whatever was needed. I was then told by VP C later that day that I was fired and I was not allowed to even speak to the other managers to at least get clarity on what I might have done wrong! They gave me only a legally generic reason for the firing and ignored my subsequent emails. As far as I could tell, their issues went all the way up to the CEO.

Hard to advance

Management (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule
    Good Benefits for employees

ConsDestructive Leadership
    No Sense of Direction

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a Vision and stick to it.

An Unfortunate Experience

(Former Employee)
    Conshohocken, PA

ProsAs others have written, the benefits are decent, but I wouldn't go any further than that. They're not "great," just "decent." Paid time off is industry average, but the healthcare is probably slightly above average.

ConsManagement is impervious to ideas from anyone else at the company. They believe they're the smartest guys (yes, it's all guys) in the world, and that everyone is stupid. This would be okay if the ideas that emanated from leadership actually made sense, but they're typically bad, aren't sold effectively to the rest of the company, and are abandoned several months later.

These same qualities are what made CI's acquisition of ClickEquations entirely unsuccessful, with 2/3 of the company quitting within 4 months of purchase. It's a shame--it started out with promise, started spiraling out of control, and when a few of us pointed out our concerns, we were simply written off. And so we quit in droves, causing CI to sell ClickEquations off 3 months later.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen and take the ideas, advice, and concerns from others more seriously. You absolutely blew it with ClickEquations, and it didn't need to be that way.

Worked for Channel Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Channel Intelligence reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Channel Intelligence CEO Doug Alexander. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Channel Intelligence employees.