ChannelAdvisor Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Scot Wingo

Pros
  • Great benefits, top level health insurance, life insurance (in 7 reviews)

• Well, they pay you online, benefits such as health insurance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expectations are too high in regards to work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• I went from outside sales to inside sales here and it was rough (in 4 reviews)

I love it

Current Employee - North Carolina in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - North Carolina in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large opportunity to make great money if you do meaningful work
    Best benefits of my career
    Company incentives and sales incentives are completely aligned, with accelerators and spiffs that compensate very well.

Cons

Maybe too much management? Many layers of management that may be unnecessary at times.
    The product is complex, and training on the actual software still needs improvement, which I know is in play.

Advice to Management

Great job not micro-managing me. I eat what I kill and my accountability is based on numbers, not minor details.

CA

I worked at ChannelAdvisor full-time

Pros

Great people; solid leadership; great employee benefits

Cons

Work-to-life balance can be poor in some departments; pay could be more competitive

Accountant

I worked at ChannelAdvisor

Pros

It is a positive work environment with a good work life balance. The people are friendly and the on-boarding process is a smooth transition into your position.

Cons

The compensation is below average and the benefits are average. The process of being hired took a little longer than normal.

Advice to Management

I would advice management to match competitive salaries of other companies. I would also advice them to increase their holidays.

Horrible experience overall - current employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor full-time

Pros

When I first started there was a lot of support for new hires to ramp up quickly, and a decent salary/ bonus structure.

Cons

Recently cut half the work force, I'm still there but there is very little support in general. Clients are left to fail after signing on because they aren't given the support promised initially. The CEO was demoted to a chairman position and the overall culture has plummeted into a hard driven micro managed situation with no training support whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. You'reYour remaining workforce is looking for employment elsewhere. It's a widely discussed dilemma. The customer ex experience has been out on the back burner. It's a terrible environment for your employees and your clients.

ChannelAdvisor Response

Jun 29, 2015Senior Global Recruiter

We appreciate your time to offer a review and regret to hear that you are unhappy. ChannelAdvisor recently realigned its team to better serve our clients. This slight adjustment did not change the ... More

Layoffs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at ChannelAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good, some of the teams are close-knit

Cons

Recent layoffs and budget cuts are worrisome

Advice to Management

More communication between departments might create the efficiencies you're looking for.

Good company to work for

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced work environment, working with enterprise level accounts. Direct managers encourage career growth, and do not have a micro-managing style.

Cons

Can be expected to take on many responsibilities both in and out of job description

Advice to Management

Would like to see more interaction between Senior and D-level management, and the rest of the staff

Engineering

Former Employee - Engineering in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Engineering in Raleigh, NC

I worked at ChannelAdvisor full-time

Pros

Good benefits and challenging work when you don't have to deal with middle management.

Cons

Micromanagement at it's finest. Lots of talk about "agile" and "self-organizing teams" however it's just talk.

Advice to Management

Let your engineers do what you hired them to do. Deliver value to the software. Stop the endless "wild goose chases" to research feasibility from non-technical manager ideas that never pan out.

Inside Sales

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor

Pros

Benefits and work atmosphere are great. It is an ever-changing industry which is exciting to be a part of. If you're able to reach the goals, the payout is great and you are rewarded for working hard. Endless resources at hand to improve your sales skills or learn more about the industry of e-commerce. Also, there are events through out the year for the sales department like quarterly kick-offs, cook-outs, and happy hours to meet your team members and network.

Cons

Goals can be somewhat unrealistic, few people actually hit quota. They are working to adjust this, but still an issue if 90% of the team can not hit the monthly goal. Upward advancement is hard to obtain, but still possible. Biggest objective is pricing, as there are many competitors in the same industry - this is an objection that is hard to overcome in the Inside Sales role.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on realistic monthly goals. Provide better incentives for doing well, rather than doing team outings. Work closer with reps that are hoping to move on to the SAE position and provide them with what they will need to be successful in that position. Inside Sales is meant to be a transitional role and not a permanent position - instill that in the team and push for more internal promotions.

10. Has changed so much

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor

Pros

Great benefits
    Flexibility
    Great Leadership
    Potential for growth depending on how hard you work and how much you voice your desire to grow

Cons

Compensation not competitive
    Always changing processes internally - nothing can stick
    The growing pains are challenging for them to address

Advice to Management

Get more involved with customers - you'll find that your employees' jobs are difficult and their work load should reflect more fair compensation

Positive experience from a company that encourages and supports success.

Current Employee - Mid-Market Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Mid-Market Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor

Pros

ChannelAdvisor employs some of the smartest people I've known. They have an industry leading product that is miles ahead of the competition. Company benefits are great and the senior leadership constantly adjusts to changing demands in the industry.

Cons

ChannelAdvisor product is not entry level. The expense makes it difficult to sell and value positioning is crucial. There are less transactions which can lead to discontent.

Advice to Management

Consider that the landscape is changing. There are new challenges arising from competition and we cannot always believe that no one will ever have a solution that our prospects couldn't do without.

RSS Feed </> Embed