Chaparral Medical Group

Get in, then get OUT!

Former Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Pomona, CA

I worked at Chaparral Medical Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Doctors are decent and you get PTO after probation.

Cons

This company starts its staff with low pay. They do not give you reviews or any opportunities to advance or grow your pay rate. They belittle you into thinking that this could happen but it never does.
    Be careful of tracking your hours. They are known to knock off a few then you need to wait a while before the payroll fixes it. Be careful of overtime, it needs to be approved but even when it is, they don't pay you and again you need to wait for them to fix it. Seriously, I can't tell you how many problems I've had with payroll and HR.
    Management is a joke. Most of the staff is are 'family friends' or family. If you're an outsider, I recommend getting whatever experience you need then quickly leave.
    The doctors are good people, but management is very, very poorly run.
    Favoritism is out of control here. You cannot rely on your manager, watch your back and always keep records of your time clock or things you may have signed.
    I took this job because I needed to gain experience. I learned so much here not only pertaining to my position but about people. I learned quickly how to defend myself better and being careful of a face smiling at you.
    Just seriously, get in and GET OUT.
    Don't get comfortable here, you are much better then anything this place can offer you.
    Although I found a new job opportunity, I'm almost sad that I gave them over a year of my life.

You need better training, not people who have no clue what they are managing.

Worked for Chaparral Medical Group? Contribute to the Community!