Chariot Solutions Reviews

3 reviews filtered by
4.7
Michael Rappaport
1 Rating

1. I've worked in a lot of places, this one is the best.

Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Chariot Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is best place I ever worked for. Customer satisfaction is #1 but employee satisfaction is a very very close #2. The people I work with would be "it" people on other teams. You attend Philly ETE (planned by Chariot for ten years now) as well as any conference of your choosing. If you want to speak you can, if you want to write a book they will help. The CEO is fantastic, the company is super transparent. We get consistent raises year-over-year and company pays 100% for medical for the entire family.

Cons

The only cons come from the consulting work. Some contracts are more fun than others. Sometimes you are stuck doing something sucky, but you can always request to be taken off, and since the company rocks, you do get taken off :)

Keep doing what you are doing and don't mess with the magic sauce too much. You've build a great thing, here is to another 10 years

Excellent technically, great place to work in tech without hassles

Former Employee - Consultant (Very Few Titles Exist) in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Consultant (Very Few Titles Exist) in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Chariot Solutions

Pros

If you want a job where all you focus on is tech, Chariot is perfect. They treat employees very well, and excellent health care is provided without employee contribution. Pay is okay, but not extraordinary unless you're brought in at a high rate. They care deeply about their employees, and will sacrifice revenue to ensure everyone is happy. They do not lie or BS anyone - if you want an answer about something, they'll give it to you straight up. There is a very strong sense of camaraderie amongst employees, and a lot of knowledge sharing internally through lunch meetups, internal conferences, Philly ETE, etc. If you want to do something unusual, pitch it and you will likely be given the green light to give it a try even if it isn't directly business-driven.

Cons

There is no career path, no formal review process, etc. These can be pros if you just want to be a dev and not be hassled by "corporate" distractions. There is a high ratio of overhead to billable consultants, and that can weigh on employees who "carry" others who don't contribute directly to the bottom line.

Not everyone who works there wants to just code. There isn't an outlet for those who want to grow professionally beyond just tech. That may hurt retention of individuals who want to take on larger roles in the firm. Otherwise, management is made up of good people who truly care about their employees, and that is special.

3. Great consulting and contracting company.

Former Employee - Enterprise Architect in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Architect in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Chariot Solutions

Pros

Great people with good clients. Management works hard to keep you working with clients of interest to you, and keep the work and technology interesting.

Cons

At times you wind up in bodyshop filler work. It is all contract based, so when there is nothing interesting to work on, you work on uninteresting things.

I have no advice to offer to management. I have no advice to offer to management I have no advice to offer to management.