Charley's Angels Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Charles Amsbary

A young company with heart, but a lot of business growth to do.

Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Charley's Angels part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job itself is fun, heartwarming, and very personal. Photographing brand new babies in the hospital and creating memories with each family is very fulfilling work. Commission on sales is always a bonus.

Cons

While leadership meant well, business wise the company seems very unorganized and scattered. Not having local management is a detriment to some areas and an absolute necessity. In addition, the commission was not very satisfying. Plus, no commission from online sales.

Advice to Management

The current rate of a couple of dollars above minimum wage per hour wouldn't feel so bad if the amount of commission were a little higher. To sell $100 of merchandise that you photographed and edited, only to be rewarded with $5 of that amount is not very good motivation. I would suggest to raise either the hourly rate or the commission. I would also recommend that employees still be eligible to receive commission from online sales.

2. Diapointed

Current Employee - Photographer in Richland, WA
    Current Employee - Photographer in Richland, WA

I have been working at Charley's Angels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

facilities are nice
    company works with its employers

Cons

coworkers are inconsiderate
    lead to believe that you will actually make money
    hours are inconsistant

3. Company does not value talent, all about large sales and profits for the owners

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at Charley's Angels part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compared to other, boring retail jobs or the stress of waiting tables--this seemed like a dream: who wouldn't love talking to brand new parents and seeing newborn babies? For someone with a creative flair, it also seemed like a great opportunity to get paid for being an artist because (so my reasoning went) these packages would not require a hard sell because parents are vulnerable and think their babies are beautiful and want to share that with the world, no matter how much it costs.

Cons

Reality check: baby photography is struggling in the modern age right along with journalism the music business and a host of other industries. Every one of us has a high quality camera on us at all times. We have photo apps wherein we can add captions, change the tint and do all manner of special effects, cropping etc. in 5 minutes and for no more than $5. So what kind of market is there, really, for hundred of dollars worth of hard copy baby photos? And because of the low standard pay, you MUST sell hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of photos before you can even dream of touching a living wage doing this. The percentage of profit given to the person on the ground handling both the creative aspect AND the sales...is sickening.

Advice to Management

Give photographers their fair share and offer products people can't get elsewhere with a quicker turnaround time.

Great job for a very specific person

Current Employee - Professional Newborn Photographer
    Current Employee - Professional Newborn Photographer

I have been working at Charley's Angels part-time

Pros

Job Satisfaction and enjoyment
    Autonomy in day to day procedures
    Ability to use creativity

Cons

No training manual
    Low pay
    Inconsistatnt hours
    Less support than you would expect of a fairly large company

Advice to Management

Please delegate some of the items of mangement to people who specialize such as tech and production
    Be trully aware of your Talents' skills and use them to their and your best advantage
    Lack of comunication across the board
    Lack of sales info sent to sites on a regular basis to inspire drive and want to improve
    Training after initial training to keep a fresh perspective
    Yearly updates for new ideas and training to inspire
    Need weekly, weekly or regular critique so that the photographers that are less experienced have mentors who give feedback
    Somehow create a continuum to follow these children beyond the hospital, I repeatedly am ask how they can get in touch with me to take more pictures,this company should exploit that to their advantage and it would provide additional income.

6. Fun Job

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Charley's Angels part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours and photographing newborns was the most fun job I ever had.

Cons

Minimum wage although there is opportunity for sales bonuses

Greatest Place at Birth

Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Richland, WA
    Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Richland, WA

I worked at Charley's Angels part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A daily invitation into the most priceless day of any parents life. You quietly enter, compose, capture, leave feeling blessed for the opportunity.

Cons

Consistency...Babies seem to come as they please...Some months parents play more than others.

Advice to Management

Remember to have fun and respect there is a huge difference between quality and quantity.

8. Professional Photographer

Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Associate

I have been working at Charley's Angels part-time

Pros

Working with newborns and their families to create beautiful photos. Good bonus structure, independent work environment, FUN!

Cons

Not a good job for a main source of income, Corporate structure is lacking (unlike big box retailers and established companies), not enough communication between management and employees, some staff do minimal work to collect a check, corporate needs a division (not one person) to help with technical issues that arises with equipment, need a trainer that can assist employees if they have questions.

RSS Feed </> Embed