Charlotte Russe Reviews

Reset
3.6
Charlotte Russe President, CEO, and Director Jenny J. Ming
Jenny J. Ming

Pros
  • Great co-workers & managers, the 40% discount & employee appreciation :) (in 39 reviews)

• Love the clothes, great discount (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Their 3-4 hour shift for part time employees along with minimum wage (in 20 reviews)

• There isn't much room for growth (in 7 reviews)

1. Great place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

Pros

Charlotte Russe is a great place to work if you are interested in getting into retail. It is a great work enviornment with friendly staff and managers. They are very flexible with working around your schedule! I was working at a Charlotte Russe in Califronia and going to school in New York, however they were always so accommodating with when I left for school and putting me back on the schedule when I came home for breaks.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about working here. The shifts tend to be on the shorter side, but if your are able to prove yourself as a strong sales associate you will find yourself getting more hours and perks.

2. Oh, Charlotte

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent discount. Co workers were fun. Nice sales manager

Cons

Hours, slow growth, if at all, within company

3. Fun and exciting environment

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montebello, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montebello, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Nice staff -Overtime -Great employee discount My overall experience at the company was great. The ladies I worked with were nice and helpful. I also got a great discount. I have worked at other stores that offered basically no discount which sucks when you need to be wearing theme clothing for certain weeks.

Cons

-Customers can be rude -Tons of folding - Work schedule done weekly which can be a little frustrating I don't think I was here long enough to notice any problems. Besides the things mentioned above which I didn't really face much of. The people were nice in the city I was in I guess.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep motivating and stay positive.

5. Amazing brand but zero work life balance

Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Charlotte Russe full-time

Pros

-pay is good for external hires -Great leadership (CEO and RVPS) -Amazing discount -fast paced enviroment

Cons

-Unrealistic expectations -Never enough time to complete assigned tasks along with customer service -Unrealistic Conversion goals -Not all DM's are great -Terrible pay for internal promotes -Not enough pay for what is being asked to do in 8 hours

Advice to Management

Invest in payroll!!! This was a win for the company and the stores who were utilizing it correctly to help drive sales. 3 hour shifts for sales associates are unrealistic. High turn over due to lack of hours. No one can survive working one three hour shift a week.

6. work hard!!! not enough benefits

Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the discount and you are always busy, never a boring moment

Cons

not enough payroll to do it all in a short amount of time.

Advice to Management

be ready to work long hours with little men power

Don't work here!

Current Employee - Shoe Specialist in Commerce, CA
    Current Employee - Shoe Specialist in Commerce, CA

I have been working at Charlotte Russe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers 40% discount Friendly customers Fast pace Cute clothes (No more pros just need minimum of 20 words in the pros: | )

Cons

HORRIBLE MANAGERS Super low pay Not enough hours Everything is dirty No organization Favouritism No training No raise (and if you do it's 15 cents)

Advice to Management

I work in a Charlotte Russe Outlet and it's located in a mall where ALOT of tourists comes so I get people from all over the world. I only like working there because of 2 reasons. I love helping tourists at the store and enjoy working with my coworkers. But I hate the management there. I don't appreciate the managers having a horrible attitude and having favouritism.

8. Decent Summer Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a discount for employees that was quite generous - although in some respects, since I was trying to save money the discount could have also been seen as a 'Con,' since I spent a lot of my paychecks on clothes.

Cons

I was only there for a summer and they never taught me how to use the cash register. Further, the management had a bad attitude to temporary workers and it wasn't a drama-free zone. They hired too many people and gave out little to no hours. Hours that I needed!

9. Employee for 4 years...

Current Employee - Keyholder in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Keyholder in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Charlotte Russe part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning environment for retail, great feedback, given small wage raises often, ease in scheduling and requesting time off, and always know what is expected of you.

Cons

No room for growth, no guarantee for hours, short shifts (three hours for some employees), very catty girls (seen at multiple locations), friends are hired over qualified employees

Advice to Management

Promote from within

It's a good opportunity to gain experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Charlotte Russe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Friendly co-workers, if you get along with everyone you really don't have any problems. We're all like a family in our store. - 40% discount and we also have employee appreciation when they give us 50% off discount - Getting dibs on the new shipments, seeing what trends are new - Helping a customer picking out an outfit - Flexible schedule, if you let the manager know in advance most likely they will give you the day off. - Managers are pretty lenient. -There will be some nice customers that will thank you for helping them and that is a good encouragement If you just do your job right and you're a reliable worker most likely you will get treated good. It's important to have good relationships with your co workers because that creates an impact in your performance and dramas lead to unnecessary tension. I guess it also depends on the management, if your managers are positive and encouraging, that changes the atmosphere of the store. With our old manager, there were a lot of dramas and problems that occured but once we had a new one, there was an improvement. Over all it's an ideal part time job, but don't expect too much benefits and increase.

Cons

- Inconsistent hours, it could go from 9hrs to almost 20 hrs in a week. - Hours are insufficient, combined with the minimum wage pay (I started with 8.10 and got an increase 15 cents after working a year) it really is not enough if this is just your only job. -Your work and duties are not comparible to your pay. - There are days when Managers sometimes have their attitude. When they're stressed, they take it out on you. - I find myself being left alone in the floor working by myself at times. And this depends on the manager you're working with. But this helped me get used to in a fast paced environment and learned to multi task. - I can't stress enough when they don't schedule enough workers when it's busy on a weekend. It gets crazy and sometimes 2 associates and a manager is not enough to handle the customers. -We're definitely under staffed. Either that or they don't know how to make use of the employees they have. - They don't really promote employees from within. They hire outside people for management, and they still have to learn how to work things out. -I've known some co workers working for 4-5 years and they barely just get promoted to a keyholder. - Their training program isn't enough to prepare you when you're actually working in the floor. They just showed me a video on how to work the register, how to grab a shoe, and you're pretty much on your own learning along the way. This caused a lot of mistakes in my part since I had no idea what was going on.

Advice to Management

-Managers need to learn how to schedule employees properly. Know what days are the busiest and assign more workers that day. - Promote employees from within. It would be easier since they already know how the store works. -Have a better training program -Appreciate the sales associates also. -Better pay.

11. Ok for first management job in clothing retail

Current Employee - Co Manager in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Co Manager in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Charlotte Russe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cute clothes, cute accessories and staff.

Cons

Price point can be a little high so its hard to sell.

Advice to Management

Make sure to hire the best District Director

RSS Feed </> Embed