Chart Industries

Chart Industries Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Chart Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Samuel F. Thomas

Samuel F. Thomas

Great company to work for

Welder (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsConstantly changing to make it a great place to work. Very employee oriented. Really care about their employees and their safety. Trying to be socially responsible and eliminate waste and hazards. Likes to have fun give back to the community and give employees a balanced life. They really listen. I work in Tulsa but have met lots of employees in Chart and they are so nice.

ConsWe work in a plant environment that is open to the weather elements and dust but in the last two years it has greatly improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees and engaging them in decisions

Great place to work!

Coop Student (Former Employee)
    Canton, GA

ProsFlexible
    Growth Opportunities
    Great Management
    Networking
    Great HR Management

ConsI would say that Chart's only Con was the office space. Most are in tiny little cubies.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Love working here

Prosgreat people, good benifits, management is very approachable

Conscan't think about any "cons"

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture and environment in a fast growing company.

ProsYou are challenged in your position. The company has a solid strategic direction. Pay is market for the region/location. Great people. Strong leadership.

ConsThe company is broken out into three divisions and often times each business will act as a silo versus reaching out to understand how things are done across the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key to aligning employees and more communication is necessary.

Great place to work.

Canton, GA

ProsIndustry leader and very profitable business practices. Very good pay. Rapidly growing with a lot of advancement opportunities. Really cares about its people and offers great benefits.
    This has been a great place to work. I have been given many opportunities to advance my career and so have many others. There is a real focus on employee development.

ConsSome challenges in dealing with the rapid growth. Need more good people to help with the expansion in LNG.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication on incentive plan status.

About as good as you are going to get.

Welder (Current Employee)
    La Crosse, WI

ProsCompetitive...not great pay. Good benefits. Management is so-so. They really don't have much control over how much work someone does.

ConsPay is a little low.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone busts his tail all night don't be on him about cleaning up 5 minutes early when "senior" co -workers don't do anything all night but make sure they "clean" up within 15 minutes of a shift change. Pretty Sad.

Great employee friendly company

Administrative (Current Employee)

ProsChart is an employee friendly company with great benefits & 401k. They have a focus on wellness and are always having wellness contests among employee. They have employee appreciation lunches on a regular basis. Coworkers are nice and always willing to help.

ConsProduction can be slow sometimes, due to orders.

Flag Review
    Chart Industries Recruiting Manager responded to this review Aug 5, 2013 EditDelete
    Glad to hear that you enjoy the wellness programs; we are very interested in fostering an environment that fosters health and wellness.

Overall, my experience working at Chart has been great.

ProsFlexibility, understanding and caring management. Opportunity for advancement.

ConsI have no specific cons to add. However, I will state that each business group runs like an individual company and you have to be cautious about "stepping on toes" by following the chain of command.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice from what I have heard from fellow colleagues is to place a greater awareness on advancement opportunities for women colleagues. While the industry is male dominated, there is a lack of presence of female VP's within upper management.

Well-managed company that is ideally positioned to capitalize on market conditions

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Burnsville, MN

ProsCombination of established mature products/markets and new cutting edge technology/growing markets; engaged, strategic leadership team; balance between domestic and international markets

ConsDecentralization can be competitive advantage, but can also slow things down

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep "charting the course"; the best is yet to come.....

Flag Review
    Chart Industries Recruiting Manager responded to this review Aug 9, 2013 EditDelete
    Thanks for the review; your analysis is an accurate one; Chart combines mature markets such as bulk gas and new, emerging markets such as LNG.

Good, established company who trreated their employees well

ProsManagement was caring and understanding, very flexible and down to earth. Great people to work for. installing new upgrades to building and network infrastructure

ConsClicques' among co-workers, outdated facility, some what of a good ol boy mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement team building activities

Worked for Chart Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chart Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chart Industries CEO Samuel F. Thomas. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Chart Industries employees.