Chartboost

Chartboost Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Chartboost Co-Founder & CEO Maria Alegre

Maria Alegre

One of the best start-up places to work

ProsGreat work culture.
    Awesome benefits.
    Best work flexibility.
    Nice place to start and grow your career.

ConsGetting the stuff done is slowed overall and always miss the deadline planned for.
    Organizatiion and team structure a little bit disorganized.
    Need more really smart engineers.

Arrogant people, wrong priority, unskilled managers

Undisclosed (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Prosgood location (soma office), and the company is profitable. compensation is not awesome but pays bare minimum to live in SF. people hang out pretty well.

Cons1. cheap, cheap, cheap
    2. people are slightly racists (esp. upper management)
    3. no focus, lacks leadership, management doesn't listen

Advice to Senior Managementembrace bad reviews. listen to employees.

Chill culture, lots of room for growth, pretty BS-free

ProsAfter coming from a for-profit startup where everyone acted like they were curing cancer for a living, Chartboost was a breath of fresh air – we're proud of our products and passionate about our customers, but the culture is pretty free from the frantic, phony intensity that infects a lot of young tech companies. I think this comes straight from the top, with the C-level folks being smart and driven but also casual, approachable, and unpretentious.

Managers give their reports a nice amount of flexibility in shaping their roles – there are core job responsibilities, of course, but I've been so lucky in being able to put forward ideas about how to do my job better and help improve the team I work on, with those ideas received with respect and serious consideration.

I was also blown away by how willing the company is to let smart people try new things, with even a few cases of transfers into engineering roles and guidance/mentorship afterward.

ConsMatching 401K would be nice, could be prohibitively expensive, though. Same with daily lunches, but I can't complain too much as we get lunch once a week and dinner every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing as much as you do about the challenges we face, what we do well and what could be better. It helps me do my job better when I know what the big picture looks like.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Happy employee :)

San Francisco, CA

Pros- amazing company culture- friendly, open, fun, sharp, witty, geeky company culture
    - vision/product- customers love what we do, I have such pride in what we've built and I feel like I've been able to

Cons- not much, I think I work too much because I believe in the product- I just need to do a better job of personal work/life balance

Advice to Senior Management- keep it up and continue being transparent sharing product roadmap and vision :)

A future so bright, most of our schwag is sunglasses.

San Francisco, CA

ProsIncredibly positive culture. Very friendly, accepting, well informed coworkers. Like seriously, coming from a dumb company before this was a huge improvement. Executive staff are (relatively) transparent. Product has improved vastly in the past few years. We are growing like crazy too, which is immensely exciting.

ConsThe work-life balance could be a little better and I wish we had matching 401Ks :-( There is not much else to complain about though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping kicking butt and being friendly. Also, get out and enjoy life a bit more, even you need a break occasionally :-)

Pretty nice place to work

ProsCEO and CTO are really accessible and care a lot about the company.
    People are passionate about the objective of the company, and their work.
    Managers/Mentors are really accessible and always willing to help one out.
    Pay is nice.

ConsAwkward office culture, people are slightly racist.
    In terms of tech, we are stuck at either doing projects with very little impact and mostly catching up with our competitors, also a lot of time is spent in supporting existing products and burning fires.
     Even though we are a startup the room for upward mobility is bleak.

Fantastic team, great culture, and a ton of momentum.

San Francisco, CA

ProsThis place is on a rocket ship and it's really exciting to be a part of that growth. The developer community we build products for love our work and it's resulted in huge gains for the company. It's rare to find a company at this stage that has figured out how to be a business.
    Great benefits, passionate people, and lots of opportunity to make an impact and grow with the org. The founders and execs are super down-to-earth and are really approachable and transparent with the rest of the organization.

ConsIt's a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, considering it's an evolving industry. I don't consider this a real con, but staff needs to be adaptable and able to roll with changes as our product line grows and industry fluctuates.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being as transparent as you've been with the customers and staff and I think the company is going to do some amazing things.

Young, fast-paced startup with amazing benefits

ProsInsanely good benefits including fully paid family insurance. Positive people, rapid growth, fun technology. The leadership is very transparent and approachable. You wouldn't even know their job title at a glance.

ConsThey are growing faster than it seems they expected and experiencing growing pains. There can be too much work to do as a result.

Worked for Chartboost? Contribute to the Community!

Chartboost Videos

Chartboost – Why Work for Us?

Find Your Happy Place from Chartboost on Vimeo. Chartboost was founded by game developers and data geeks We build technology for game developers. We help you make money, and build a business with your games. We love… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chartboost reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chartboost CEO Maria Alegre. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Chartboost employees.