Charter Communications

Charter Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Charter Communications President & CEO Thomas M. Rutledge

Thomas M. Rutledge

Pros:
  • "free cable , some of the techs are great to work with , sub contractor's are cool 4 float days"
    in 36 reviews
  • "Good Benefits - Free Cable and other services - Advancement is quick lower in the lower ranks"
    in 33 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management change rules weekly to seemingly make it tougher for outside sales reps to close deals"
    in 22 reviews
  • "It is a call center so be prepared to embrace everything that goes along with the"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Decent

Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsPay is very decent, great shift options

ConsWhen I applied for the job and ultimately employed, it was not stated that I would be selling until the first day in training

I have been with the company for a little over a year, and have been shown that hard work does not go unnoticed.

Lead, Internet/Telephone Repair (Current Employee)
    Bridgeton, MO

ProsExcellent opportunities for growth, fair compensation, and great leadership who has your best interests in mind.

ConsAs with any 24-hour call center environment - you have to be flexible with night and/or weekend shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

System Analyst

Tier II Analyst (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsTraining and Growth in Company, Technical Work Place, Nice Atmosphere, Incentives

ConsClicks in Management, non degreed Management instructing degreed employees/professionals in a degreed level position, favoritism to employees, Lower Salary scale, seldom see retirement from Company, long term employees let go before pension and retirement time. See people get picked on by management from a judgmental prospective (hairs long, their eccentric, religious beliefs, geeky) and not treated fairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional and not judgmental

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Call Center, is a great position when you need a J.O.B.

Broadband Sales Specialist (Former Employee)
    Walker, MI

ProsLeaving work at work. Once you punch out, you don't have to worry about bringing your work home. The pay was surprisingly good, and the health benefits were great. I live in a Comcast area so I got reduced pricing on cable internet and phone.

ConsBe ready to be yelled at by customers with bad experiences with Charter in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax the 18 sales metrics.

Good company, good benefits, and great company culture.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsBenefits package is very good; company pays a large portion of the deductible. CEO is making positive changes and the company is headed in the right direction. Pay is above average, they promote from the inside, and the company culture is good.

ConsRed tape, Comcast involvement , and lack of communication between departments will result into loss of customers, and loss of good employees

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate better communication between departments , improve work flow process between departments , and decrease the red tape

Poor management, bad transition, decent work

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsMy workload is decent and I am one of the privileged few that gets to tackle interesting, challenging projects without being overworked. Relaxed office atmosphere in some ways. Benefits are par for the market.

ConsVery poor management, particularly during the recent and continuing transition. Many of my coworkers are micromanaged to a large extent and thus their work is truly not interesting at all. They are also overworked, often called upon to work literally day and night for a fixed salary. That brings me to the fact that the pay is very low for the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more of your employees some of the flexibility and freedom I enjoy. Stop outsourcing--it is a horrible waste of everyone's time and money and makes your real emploees' lives miserable. Cut half of your management positions--they are just a waste of resources. There are far too many people in charge and far too few actually doing the work.

Overall a good experience just not the work I want to do.

Billing Representative (Current Employee)
    Fond du Lac, WI

ProsPatient and helpful not judgemental

Consdon't feel like I'm accomplishing anything.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to help employees but try to match skills with jobs.

Tedious manual labor

Inventory Associate (Current Employee)
    Worcester, MA

ProsVery friendly atmosphere. Most people are a joy to work with. Hours are not long. Management is very nice

ConsTedious manual labor
    Not much room for growth within the company.

good place to learn a different trade

Broadband Technician IV (Current Employee)
    Columbia, TN

ProsPaid training pay can advance quickly if you get the chance to get all your work done and test up on the computer

Conslong hours leaves little time to test up

Advice to Senior Managementgive your bbts more credit for what they do they are the lifeline for the company

Not what you know, who you know.

ProsAlways something new everyday, working outside, learning a little more intricately of how equipment performs in different situations.

ConsFavoritism, no communication within and out of departments, barely cost of living raises, old fleet of work trucks that break down.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick your neck out and communicate and try to get office to work together and spend some money on getting system up to par.

Worked for Charter Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charter Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Charter Communications CEO Thomas M. Rutledge. All 358 reviews posted anonymously by Charter Communications employees.