Charter Communications

Charter Communications Reviews in Madison, WI

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Charter Communications President & CEO Thomas M. Rutledge

Thomas M. Rutledge

Pros
  • The best thing about working for Charter is the full time pay with benefits that include free cable services (in 41 reviews)

• Good Benefits - Free Cable and other services - Advancement is quick lower in the lower ranks (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management (with a few reasonable supervisors as an exception) is downright dreadful (in 25 reviews)

• It is a call center so be prepared to embrace everything that goes along with the (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights
8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Direct Sales

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsWorking with a tablet and having business cards. This makes outside sales really stand out professionally. Supervisors are very responsive and are always there for there reps.

ConsLots of internal updates have made the pace slow down a bit since i started, but other than that i have now Cons about the company. I absolutley love working for charter communications

Advice to Senior Managementtraining and time off and culture here at charter communications is amazing! I really love that most of the supervisors and management have acctually been out in the dirt doing sales themselves.

Great place to start your career and grow

Network Engineer I (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThere are a lot of smart engineers to learn from. Good benefits. A lot of room to grow.

ConsDecisions always seem to be pushed down from higher up with no say from engineers who actually do most of the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Overall Great Company to Work For

Video Engineer (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsGood Benefits - Free Cable and other services - Advancement is quick lower in the lower ranks.

ConsMiddle management advancement takes lots of time to move up through. Not real clear where our new leadership team is taking us. Takes time for upper management to trickle down important company info that we should be aware of.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your Salaried people some type of bonus to be on call as often as we are. 60 to 70 hours a week when on call gets old for no benefit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overloaded with work...

BBT II (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsIndependence, Trust employees, They listen to concerns you might have, friendly people.

ConsWorked like a dog forced to do overtime almost every day with no concern to family life. They are very good at listening to any concerns or changes you might have but listening is as far as it goes. Very disorganized. Every employee is out for themselves. Supervisors are useless when you need help or have a question but will be the first person to point out something you did wrong. Benefits provided by Charter are the worse I have ever seen. Health benefits will not cover anything and should be simplified.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook out for the people that do the work and make the company run.

Charter Communications is a great place to work!

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsCharter and its management team provides each employee the opportunity to grow and advance within the company through showing initiative and an eagerness to work and advance. They help you to succeed if you want to. The teamwork is amazing as everyone wants to help each other succeed to ensure that the company continues to grow and to ensure we become an industry leader.

ConsThe pay at Charter might be a little lower than other organizations in the industry, but they make up for it with the benefits they provide.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to say that Charters Management team should continue to do what it is doing as the compnay continues to grow and is now a leader in internet speeds and reliablilty as well as providing new standards and services.

Enjoyable

Network Engineer II (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsConstantly working with new technologies and great people.

ConsSome of the other employee attitudes are difficult to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

How bad management can kill a company.

Senior Systems Technician (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsAll the overtime you could want. Great if you're single. A good benefits package and, if you overlook their recent class action lawsuit, the pay isn't terrible. Free cable and internet are also quite a heft savings each month, and the use of a company vehicle for the commute can save on insurance and gas. It's not too difficult to be promoted provided you keep track of your year end goals and work hard. Still, management could do better in terms of preparing employees for written exams. So long as the corporate management doesn't interfere too often, the local office tends to run fairly well.

ConsSr. Management will do anything to avoid upgrading existing infrastructure and making any serious capital expenditures. Be prepared to fix the same problems over and over. Also, the use of contract employees leaves both customers and the plant in horrible condition.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to you employees who are in the field every day.

Overall Good Job

Account Coordinator (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsBesides the benefit of the discounted services, my manager is very understanding and helpful. The pay that I receive has gotten better over the years...I feel that I am paid fairly in comparison to others with the same job title.

Consnot being able to work from home since I am hourly employee, service issues in areas that never seem to improve

Advice to Senior Managementspend a little money to fix one of the biggest KMA St. Louis service issues.

Worked for Charter Communications? Contribute to the Community!