Charter Communications Reviews

Reset
1.0
Charter Communications President & CEO Thomas M. Rutledge
Thomas M. Rutledge

Pros
  • Free cable services are the best perk (in 52 reviews)

• They offer good benefits including free cable and internet services (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management drinks the Kool-Aid by the jug (in 28 reviews)

• High turn over & this call center is on a high school level (in 23 reviews)

1. They can't retain retention reps.

Former Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Walker, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Walker, MI

I worked at Charter Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They people you work with ar easy to get along with and some do carr.

Cons

Management is like that of a cotton farm don't talk back to the masters and plan on doing only as they tell you . Whatever you do dont plan on making it a career this is why they are always hiring.

Advice to Management

Empower your people have compassion with life events. Provide the right tools update your systems and allow the agents some breathing room to make choices. You can ask so much yet very little do you give in helping boost or promote a postive work place.

2. Outside Sales Rep

Pros

Pay outright during training Health benefitsband Vacation available after 1 year

Cons

Pay scale constantly changing. No backing from management.

Retention specialist

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Walker, MI
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Walker, MI

I worked at Charter Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, friendly coworkers, free food and potlucks

Cons

Overbearing management, unattainable metrics, poor morale, constantly changing pay structure, unethical treatment of employees, unethical treatment of customers, horrible upper management

Advice to Management

Be decent to your staff

Residential Direct Sales

Pros

Learn how to sell to residential customers by trial and error

Cons

Training, Upper management, Customer Service reputation. Charter rates areas due to their ability to pay bills. When you make the sale 98 % will have to prepay.

Advice to Management

Have managers in place that have actually worked in sales as a direct sales rep

Corporate Company Small Town Politics

Former Employee - Cable Sales in Thibodaux, LA
    Former Employee - Cable Sales in Thibodaux, LA

I worked at Charter Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer great benefits and a great product. I enjoyed every part of my job and loved coming to work. It was a great chance to sell a great product and I did gain valuable experience. From a sales standpoint its a great company.

Cons

Turnover is 100% unless you are from Thibodaux, LA. If you look at the history of the location they have turned over everyone, including the TN-LA VP/GM. There are a small block of people that exist at this location and everyone seems to come and go but them. It is small town politics at its worst. Cable has a very high turnover rate to begin with but this is really bad.

Advice to Management

Two things would make the TN/LA location better. One, stop the cycle of turnover. I have seen or heard of several times where you eliminate a position then add it back later after you realize that you needed it to begin with. You have let a lot of quality people go. Second, get the long term Thibodaux people out of there! They are locally focused and not nationally/globally focused. They are not educated enough and only exist through attrition and forcing others out that that are vastly more qualified. If you truly want to be successful in LA you need to do this. I believe it would hurt short term, but long term it would be very prudent. You have a great product and service, do not let a group of people from a small town hold your success back in the entire region, get them out. I believe that Charter would be lifted to new heights if this happened.

Nice pay at this company but HORRIBLE when it comes to employees

Pros

The pay is nice but everything else is a NO GO!

Cons

Ridiculous and unattainable sales goals that you have to make, you have to make 100 % of these outrageous sales in order to NOT be written up and 80 % of sales to get commission. I figure if you work hard for the sale then you should get what you work whether it's 8 % or 80 %! Personally I think Charter cares MORE about the almighty dollar than they do about the PEOPLE who are HELPING them get that almighty dollar!!!

Advice to Management

CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES! Some of the managers I deal with on day to day basis DON'T even speak to you.

review

Pros

Thought it was a great place to work and would be treated well, that changed.no one willing to give you a hand .

Cons

Robotic company Upper management doesn't know what the heck is going on half the time don't expect to get a senior spot anytime soon, as soon as you meet their goals they want you better than the goals that they previously stated.

Advice to Management

Get out in the field and see why we can't do some of the stuff you expect us to do. Treat your good employees with more respect.

Glad to move on!

Pros

Large organization with great insurance and other benefits.

Cons

Very robotic...very bland...no life to the company or job. No one smiles.

Advice to Management

Undergo a cultural change.

Horrible Company

Pros

Free cable, that's really about it.

Cons

Non-union company, New rules constantly, no consistency, micro- managing from supervisors, no chance for advancement.

Advice to Management

Management should learn how to do the job as well ex. train, audit, and follow up. Also, learn how to speak with employees on a professional scale.

Sales Executive

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Charter Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money and good benefits.

Cons

They toss you away like toilet paper. The manager were cheating and lying to upper management. Sales people were falsifying there documentation to make sales and the company paid out thousand of dollars in commission on sales that shouldn't of been sales. I did the job right and gave them good sales. They gave me a sales supervisor that dint know what she was doing and when I fractured my ankle sliding down the steps at home they terminated me 6 days later saying I dint make minimum requirements.

Advice to Management

They terminated a lot of people and managers for what happen but there are still funny dealings going on.

RSS Feed </> Embed