Charter Schools USA

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jonathan K. Hage

Pros:
  • "limited district involvement; dedicated teachers"
    in 3 reviews
  • "You will meet some great teachers who you can collaborate with"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some district teachers/administrators place blame on subs when teachers leave inadequate lesson plans etc"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Pay and work-load for pay received"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Dedication makes a difference!

Elementary Teacher (Current Employee)
    Bonita Springs, FL

ProsCSUSA puts students first! We make a difference through our dedication to students and don't hesitate to make a change when the status quo is not working. Our curriculum is selected and mapped out by experienced teachers. Teachers are rewarded for their hard work and dedication!

ConsThere are frequent changes that occur within the company and we are expected to make changes often.

Putting Kids first

Bonita Springs, FL

ProsI left the local county schools feeling like every decision made was about the budget not what students needed. I love it here at Charter School USA because the focus and goal of every decision is how to help our students succeed.

ConsLack of equal funding from the state

Great place for kids and educators!

Bonita Springs, FL

ProsCharter Schools USA is dedicated to student success. Because of this the company is also dedicated to providing the educators that it employs with ample professional development opportunities as well as support from the Administrative Team. I am a current educator with this company and hope to be so for many years to come.

ConsI have no complaints about Charter Schools USA.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Personal and Professional Growth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsCSUSA is a resourceful organization that embraces research-based, student centered, best-practices. In many of my interactions, it is evident that students come first. There are numerous opportunities for advancement and leadership. I feel that I am provided with guidance and resources to continue my growth.

ConsNot everyone is a good fit. Working in this organization requires passion, dedication, a positive attitude, humility, flexibility and professionalism without exceptions. Sometimes people enter the organization without a clear understanding of expectations. Unfortunately, this impacts the organization and our stakeholders negatively.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reach out and communicate with those in the schools and departments. Our employees are a wealth of knowledge and intellect and desire to be a part of something huge.

Rewarding

Elementary Teacher (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsSmall learning community with Principal, AP, and Curriculum Resource Teacher to lead school initiatives. Lots of access to student data to help guide lessons, instructional goals and objectives. As a result there is measurable proof to parents about student successes and weaknesses.

ConsNot enough human resources for below level students which can provide additional teacher support for ELL's and ESE students. No comp time for staying at school events, or informational sessions. Curriculum resources do not always line up with curriculum map. No set science or social studies curriculum with specific goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach school is different and they cannot all be run the same. Administration and faculty should have more say regarding how to implement lessons to meet the goal. Provide more parent workshops for certain demographics who lack the skill and know how to support their children.

decent place to work

ProsDecent Salary, good place to work

Consworking too many hours, not everyone on board with the mission

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider ways to establish wokr/life balance at school

They have lost sight of what they once said they were all about"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslimited district involvement; dedicated teachers

ConsCorporate executives are judgmental, under qualified and fire off the cuff. They do not take time to holistically problem-solve; they spend too much money on corporate growth and no money on instructional support systems. They think they are much better than they actually are at what they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step back…listen and learn.

Great product, poor employer

ProsThey are great at what they are producing. They have a great service that they are providing to the community in the way of providing 1st class education and educational resources to their students.

ConsPoor pay, poor management, poor benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees, disburse pay equally and promote from within

Lack of leadership can squash a great opportunity.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe only pro I can think of is that I was receiving a salary as underpaid that I was to learn.

ConsLeadership is very one sided, if you question the status quo or do not do what certain executives want you to do without question you will never be successful. Executives only care about lining their pockets with the public's money.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so greedy and follow your mission.

its ok

ProsGood hours, decent pay the staff is friendly and it is an easy commute from my home. Summers off.

ConsNone to think of at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for Charter Schools USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charter Schools USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Charter Schools USA CEO Jonathan K. Hage. All 61 reviews posted anonymously by Charter Schools USA employees.