www.chaseprofessionals.com

Updated October 6, 2014
3.7

Roy Abernethy

I have been working at Chase Professionals

Pros

Can take online assessments at home.

Cons

Cannot ask to leave for important, personal appointments.

None.

Great environment, staff and opportunities

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I worked at Chase Professionals full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Strong leadership with solid performance expectations. The office is a very warm environment, though initially, it is hard to fit into the group.

Cons

The training is solidly laid out, but the fluctuation in week to week work, is not always the same. One week you have on-boarding, negotiation, leads and sourcing. While another you may just have sourcing, so one week you may be submitting less candidates, but that does not mean that you were not working hard each week.

Personally, I enjoyed everyone at Chase Professional. I think it is a great place to work, and I wish I could have continued. If you are willing to put in the time, you will earn great rewards with this company.

Dynamic, Production-based environment.

Current Employee - Senior IT Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior IT Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chase Professionals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First, I'd like to state that I actually DO work at CHASE Professionals. Most reviews on Glassdoor.com are the frustrated ventings and complain-fests of recently let-go ex-employees that masquerade as current just so they can "leave their mark" and get-back at the employer. So if you're checking this to get a feel for how the work environment is before you join us, then make sure to take everything on here with a grain of salt. Personally, I normally don't comment on sites like this, but today I'm writing this because I love what I do, I believe in this company, and they've been around for so long because of their core values, integrity, and common sense approach.

If you're thinking about getting a recruiting or recruiting/sales job, the recruiting and staffing industry is production/sales based no matter what industry you recruit, meaning you must produce. Many new employees or recent grads who are attracted to a recruiting job sometimes forget that they must produce for the company to make money (commission) and their salary. This is not a job for someone who wants to do their makeup at their desk, check Facebook, get their online shopping done, or check their tinder app. No, this is a job for eager, non-complaining hard-working folks who can see tons of opportunities (almost endless in the IT vertical) to make money on candidates, and make a competitive salary.

Everyone at Chase is given 90 days to prove themselves and see if it is a fit for them and for us, since that's about the ramp up time for someone to learn what makes a good java resume and employable candidate. However, just as many sales environments, within that 90 days if it is overtly clear that someone is not heeding to instruction, ignoring the training during their one-on-one time, ignoring account managers, ignoring the boss, and/or not "getting" it, then it's probably not a fit for either party in the long run. That being said- sometimes folks get comfortable in any work environment, and in a sales environment, if you get into a "rut" or start under-performing, missing sales goals constantly, then your manager may (and should) spell it out to you: Pull your weight and stop making it harder for the other performers to have to do their job and yours. Welcome to sales.

Some sales/recruiting environments are Highly structured and in a inside sales job, that usually means high metrics in calling, managers listening to calls, and high sales goals, etc. At CHASE Pro. I found that unlike many of my other sales jobs, they weren't high-stressed or highly-structured and had lots of room for flexibility. There was a mutual respect and understanding that they would not hover over me during the day and instead just expect me to get what needed to done like an adult. The one-on-one's with the branch manager were always super helpful and informative and at the right times challenging. If I needed help in understanding anything, I got it. If I needed support in filling my positions, I got it. Metrics aren't terribly high for a beginner, and experienced folks are held to whatever quota/sales goals they sold us on in their interview. So FYI, you should probably not interview by saying you billed millions and millions of dollars last year if you're not expecting to be held by that with us. If you are new and need lots of structure to do your job everyday (or just in the beginning) then they are flexible to that, however, once someone has taught you something, unless you communicate that you're not getting it, then its usually expected that you know it and retain it. Be open and tell someone if you need help.

IT Division: Versus other IT recruiting companies, Chase has a pretty flexible model, and can handle pretty much any staff aug situation and IT category. We strive to educate recruiters about what we're recruiting on since we have folks that have actually been in IT. -This makes for better, faster submittals/interviews/offers since we can truly understand what our clients need. there's always a need for highly skilled IT candidates, so our account managers have a bevy of opportunity to bring in and cultivate great clients. And since we're not married to one IT vertical or one development language, Systems vs Network, etc. then it's up to each acct manager what business they want to bring in or take on - in the case of an existing account. Recruiters are free to work on what they choose, however if a client is wanting/needing more resumes, then we may all help out that client for a bit.

Raise increases, promotions, etc. are very fair and merit-based. If you are doing an outstanding job, be prepared to be rewarded for it. mgmt is responsive and always listening if you have suggestions or questions. I've always been able to ping Roy (owner) or my boss Chase whenever unless they're out of office which isn't often. Everyone at corporate is easy to get a hold of and understands that that we all work in tandem as a team to drive business. Sick/unplanned PTO is pretty flexible and respectful (as long as you are).

We have an open-cubed office environment so we are very team-oriented especially when helping each other find outstanding talent. We're very social- go out for lunches together, take walk breaks, have out of office events (bowling, top golf, etc.) and love to come into the office everyday. For some that's not for them, but the ones who do enjoy that, they absolutely thrive.

All in all, great place to work, lots of business to be had, and we succeed and fail as a team.

Cons

It would be nice to see jean Fridays (although we're usually pretty casual for the most part)
    Would be nice to have a work form home day / week.
    401k and matching?

The people business is tough and you know what you're doing. Keep on trucking.

Love the work environment and co-workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chase Professionals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The team of sales, recruiters, and managers work well together. Our IL offices are always busy which makes the days go by fast. It feels good to help our partnered clients and our associates daily.

If you're the type of person to hit the ground running and commit 100% to yourself, your family, your clients/associates, and your branch team, you will be successful here.

Corporate office is in Atlanta, GA and all the employees are always ready and willing to assist our IL branches.

We always have the day after Thanksgiving off as part of our holiday schedule. In 2014, we have the holiday and the day after off for Christmas and New Years. You can more time spend time with family and friends during the holiday season.

Cons

I can't think of any cons working here. Again, you have to put the effort and be passionate to help people daily.

Open up another office for IL in the next year or so.

Rewarding and lucrative opportunities in a family oriented environment!

Current Employee - Sales & Recruiting in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales & Recruiting in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chase Professionals full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The amazing people are what make this company great! Chase is an outstanding place to start and develop a career. There are plenty of opportunities to make money, as base salaries are competitive and the commission structure is generous. As with most things, 'you get out what you put in'.... Upper management recognizes and rewards hard work and success. There is a lot of room for creativity in your work...the results are what matter, in the end....you get to have a lot of influence over how you decide to get there. This company offers a great work-life balance! This is a growing firm and there are a lot of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There is no 'kool-aid' at Chase - what you see is what you get and it's a 'no frills' environment. (The money is strong, work is rewarding, and work-life balance is great...those ARE the 'frills') There isn't a ton of internal structure, regarding training and development, so you must be self-motivated, driven, and diligent to be successful here.

I would recommend investing more in the professional training/development of your people.....sales/recruiter meetings, training on new tools/methods, in order to stay on the cutting edge. Get your people (locations) talking to each other more - they can learn a lot from each other and the camaraderie only helps to strengthen the company culture.

Extremely positive - solid, accessible leadership team

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Chase Professionals full-time

Pros

Friendly, business casual work environment
    Excellent Co-Workers - team oriented
    Great location
    Solid company values

Cons

Lack of 401K retirement plan

Lack of promotional opportunities

Good company

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chase Professionals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good corporate staff that is helpful
    Growing company
    Invests in new technology for recruiters
    Good location
    Friendly co-workers
    Laid back environment
    Good medical benefits

Cons

It is a Quota driven environment. Company will expect you to produce and hit goals if you're in a recruiter or sales role.

Continue to improve the training program.

Hard work is rewarded, super co-workers, and we also help people.

Current Employee - Undisclosed in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Undisclosed in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chase Professionals full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Chase Professionals branch and corporate staff members are such a great group of people to work with. Everyone is so nice and helpful to each other. You can tell they care about each other, the customers and associates. Feels good to be a part of that! Hard work is rewarded with salary increases or commission/bonus. Benefits - excellent Major Medical insurance, HSA employer contribution for staff and PTO.

Cons

There are no "fluff" perks, you won't get daily doughnuts (which is actually a good health thing!) or a 401K (set up your own IRA with the investment firm of YOUR CHOICE instead).

DO NOT WORK HERE!

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Chase Professionals full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back, casual & young environment

Cons

Absolutely NO set training program
    Outdated office space/ don't need a badge to get in .. random people can walk in and out as they please
    No 401k plan, benefits are terrible
    Absolutely NO growth opportunity or career path
    You will be told you are doing GREAT month to month then one day be cut, NO WARNING, no improvement plan
    Very sketchy and unstable environment! Everyone is in it for THEMSELVES.
    Although some of the reviews may be true about how its SALES and this is how it works in SALES rarely does anyone last more then 6-8 months here - even if you are exceeding your goals month to month
    Yes it is a production environment but don't hire people with little to no experience then expect them to be great without being properly trained!! Whats the point of wasting you and their time training them just to go and hire another NEW grad or someone else with no experience and have the cycle repeat?
    DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND DON'T GET SUCKERED INTO THIS COMPANY!
    At least go to a bigger more reputable one if you want to get into IT recruitment. Put in your time and move on because turnover is high in all these environments - at least they will know the company when they see it on your resume, unlike Chase Professionals - a company no one has ever heard of!

Train your employees
    Be honest - live by the core values
    Be more transparent
    Or just shut down completely

Recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Chase Professionals

Pros

There are some very nice people within the office that you can work with. Always willing to help you out.

Cons

It should be Chase UNprofessionals. Upper management has no respect for their loyal employees that work hard. It is an extremely unstable environment. DO NOT get comfortable. No matter how good of a job you are doing you can and probably will get axed. Management will tell you how great of a job you are doing and then completely blind side their employees. Account Managers provide you with ridiculous positions from D clients that are almost impossible to fill.

Several in the office will speak poorly behind your back. It's hard to know who you can and cannot trust. management will speak with employees about other employees and then word will get around.

No room for growth. The company doesn't do anything nice for their employees. Outdated office and technologies.

Treat your employees with respect.