Chase

Chase Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

3.1 2,217 reviews

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Chase has great benefits and plenty of opportunities to grow within the company (in 216 reviews)

• Good benefits in respect to accounts in other banks in regards to balance minimums (in 153 reviews)

Cons
  • They have absolutely ZERO interest in providing you with work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• I had a branch manager who was a jerk, and I had one that was really friendly (in 88 reviews)

More Highlights
2,217 Employee Reviews

Assistant Branch Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou have an opportunity to meet some truly amazing people.

ConsWorking at Chase requires you to make a 100% commitment to the company.

Personal Banker

Personal Banker II (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

Prosgood pay, support work/life balance, paid holidays, earned holidays, good benefits, bonus each month can be very good

Conssometimes can be over worked, not enough employees in each branch

Project Manager 3

Vice President - Project Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThere is an outstanding opportunity for advacement. In the 10 years I have worked here I have climbed from a mortgage bank collector up to Vice Presdent within the comsumer back project management office.

ConsSalary reviwes are only completed annually so you may move to a new job mid year without an opportunity for salary increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelaxing the dress code for non customer facing personell. The day of suits and ties is over!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTreated with alot of respect.

ConsAlot of customers each and every day.

Great place to work

Branch Manager (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsGreat name recognition. Overall excellent upper management.

ConsObviously numbers driven, sales driven

Advice to Senior ManagementHold on to good people

Good environment

Loan Processor (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsFlexible hours, hard working team. Hands-on training, and multiple paths for career advancement. Overall good work environment.

ConsJob was stressful at times. Upper management only cared about site numbers and deadlines. Job security was based on the market of the mortgage industry.

Chase Bank

ProsGreat working environment. Very supportive management. Outstanding benefits package. Excellent Training Programs and mentorship. This firm has Business Resource Groups (BRGs) open to all and support diversity initiatives.

Cons"Banking Hours" are a myth if that attracts you to the industry. Expect to work full days and to be a productive team member. And as just about everywhere, expect more than 40 hours without overtime if you are management. Chase rewards productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue current practices. Continue to strive for work/life balance. Zealously support tellers and customer facing employees. Prioritize retention of trained and productive staff members.

Company Overview

Licensed Personal Banker (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCompany is willing to promote from within. takes the time to develop the careers of the individual

Consthe majority of prior Washington Mutual managers are not the best.

Chase vision is great

Private Client Banker/SB (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsRelationships I have established with my clients encourages me to go to work regardless. I enjoy my job. Great retirement benefits, vacations, better incentive plans, proactive process for great customer service and employee satisfaction. Great banking products and services at all levels. Chase's forward thinking.

ConsThe retail part of the banking including business, investments and consumer is such an utter mess due to incompetent managers and supervisors. Most were promoted for they "know" the right people (Office politics)These are the very people that employees are suppose to approach for guidance and knowledge. Often times makes very poor judgement and ultimately affects customer service and employees job satisfaction. Yes I am speaking of, Market Managers, District Managers, Business Area Managers, Branch Managers, and Asst. Branch Managers. Lack of experience, knowledge and most of all people skills. I often say, policies and procedures are there for guidelines to follow so one can execute the proper process, however, critical thinking and common sense need to exist.
    There is no leadership, no training provided for the right employees(management often picks employees they like not because they are talented) therefore no growth for the right employees left behind. I have worked for the company for 10 years and worked at different positions such as mortgage, business banking and personal banking. I have taken 6, 63, and Life and Health licensing training under so much stress to better myself and be an asset to the company. I am a consistent producer and have had exceeds in my reviews. However, currently experiencing dissatisfaction because of the management I am under. I feel that I am completely alone. I cannot trust the knowledge and expertise of my superiors and now concern about my future. Move to a different district is not an option, for I am afraid of the same condition. This mess is like an infectious deadly disease!

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluation should come from your employees to determine that the current management you have is right for the job. Extensive training in products at all levels, operations and most of all people skills, must be in place for management at all levels. They should pass some sort of exams. Relationship Bankers had to pass 3 difficult licensing tests. Please realize that customers can sense if things are right within the branch. Happy employees makes loyal and better producers. These are the very people who will make a lot of difference for the company and in the long run will make Chase the number one bank ever. Hard working employees (the ones who do the right things for the customers and not for the sale) deserves better pay and humane treatment. Get rid of the slackers ( there is quite a few). Remember quality employees establishes quality relationships with customers! Definitely will improve the culture and sense of value. Take action now! There should be a sense of urgency!

Great except for the local leadership in East Texas

Relationship Banker (Former Employee) Tyler, TX

ProsJamie Dimon is a genius! Chase is definitely the best bank to bank at.

ConsLocal management in the East Texas area isn't the best. You get promised promotions only so you can stay at the same position longer.

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!