Chase

2,437 Reviews
3.2
2,437 Reviews

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Chase has great benefits and plenty of opportunities to grow within the company (in 240 reviews)

• Good benefits in respect to accounts in other banks in regards to balance minimums (in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • They have absolutely ZERO interest in providing you with work/life balance (in 63 reviews)

• Upper management did not inform employees about changes they were going to make (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

Experience and exposure

Former Employee - Commercial bank in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Commercial bank in Dallas, TX

I worked at Chase as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience. Looks fantastic on resume. The largest USA bank and most financially stable.

Cons

Red tape. Lots of "Vice Presidents"

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Chase

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, extensive training, benefits and solid culture, despite the fact that it is a major organization.

Cons

Easy to get lost in the matrix and politics that exist in nearly every major company, but know your lane, stay in it and don't rock the boat and you'll be fine.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Naples, FL

I have been working at Chase part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great hours, pay, benefit, people, and paid time off.

Cons

Horrible leave of absence policy.

Grateful to work for one of the most admired companies in the nation.

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working here exposes you to all realms of personal finances (i.e.: personal banking, business banking, investments, mortgages, credit lines/cards, etc.) The great thing about this is you can apply this knowledge to your own life or the real world.

I also appreciate the fact that the company strongly focuses on customer AND employee satisfaction. You definitely feel the strength and pride of working for such a prestigious company.

There's a ton of opportunities to grow, get promoted or move to another position; it all just depends on you. I've seen employees get offered new positions within 6 months - so it's quite possible.

Cons

Though the environment in this company focuses largely on customer AND employee satisfaction, keep in mind that it's still a sales job. That means it doesn't matter how great of a boss you have, you'll always be told to sell more, more, more; that's just the nature of any bank/sales job.

Let's face it - it's just not possible to call on and complete 10 different lead lists a day while expecting us to also take advantage of the lobby.

Chase IT Specialist

Current Employee - IT Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a good organization to work for

Cons

I have nothing bad to say

Great place to grow and work

I have been working at Chase

Pros

Company is great, and great people to work with, views on client treatment/sales are very friendly.

Cons

Career opportunities are almost impossible to take advantage of...

What you put in, you will get out

Current Employee - Licensed Relationship Banker in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Relationship Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They value hard work that leads to results. Results lead to you getting X-amnt of extra bonus money every month with no cap on how much you can earn. Consistent strong sales results lead to almost any banking path you feel is right for you. All in all, what you put in you will get back

Cons

If you dont like making calls, you better get use to it.

Some branches are to small for the number of PB's and RB's in the same location with only 2 or 3 cubicles. Some branches have a bad layout that confuses customers and the space could be better laid out.

Awesome Company!

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best people to work with, solid compensation, and rewarding work. Mobility and networking are encouraged at every level. Stability is evident has many people have worked at the firm for over 20 years. Since it continues to growth there will continue to be opportunities.

Cons

Work/Life balance is a personal choice and since these are the best people in banking it is highly competitive. I personally enjoy that but some people do not like that type of environment.

Relationship Banker SBS

Current Employee - Relationship Banker SBS in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker SBS in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Time off, I've been here for 6 1/2 years and have 160hrs Vaca, 24hrs Personal, 8hrs float holiday, 96hrs Sick time. Scheduled day off, can be flexible if you want weekends here and there.

5% 401K match & Pension Plan - every year they have added $500 - $600 dollars to 401K because company is doing well. Compensation "can" be great. If you are in an area that is middle class and higher with a fair amount of traffic. I have made $5184 is one months incentive check and other only once have I not made anything. Average monthly incentive is usually $1000 to $1400. Again that is in a decent area. Areas with lots of money you will make tons of money.

Relocation, chase is everywhere so you have the chance to move almost anywhere if positions are open.

Advancement - I started as a teller and within 6 months I was a banker (very rare) but it can happen if you try hard and do your best.

Cons

Salary is pretty garbage. $33k is what I make and raises are maxed at $1000 a year if any. I started at $29k. Most seem to start at $32, I was very inexperienced at the time. No raise last year and I had my best year in sales for my location $58k. I feel chase should be more competitive in this field. At least realize cost of living increases every year. Some bankers in low income areas basically lose money every year. At least move licensed bankers to $40k and unlicensed to $35k or something.

Increase Base Salary. I have been moved to a high balance area with next to no traffic. Calls all day. Hitting payout now can been stressfully hard without investments (market isn't doing awesome) If I don't make payout and after tax, 401k, health insurance. I am just about $900 in 2 weeks. If that was increased chase would be a 5 Star all day!

Personal Banker

I worked at Chase

Pros

Great Benefits and the people are great to work with

Cons

Bad Compensation and dealing with rude customers