Chase Reviews

2,405 Reviews
3.2
2,405 Reviews

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Chase has great benefits and plenty of opportunities to grow within the company (in 240 reviews)

• Good benefits in respect to accounts in other banks in regards to balance minimums (in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • They have absolutely ZERO interest in providing you with work/life balance (in 63 reviews)

• Upper management did not inform employees about changes they were going to make (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company with some Financial Opportunity

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Mamaroneck, NY
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Mamaroneck, NY

I worked at Chase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being a personal banker in the branch is all about LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! High traffic areas can really help with your commission structure. Low traffic areas tend to be in the more affluent areas so opportunity is available there also. I think everyone's experience is based on their specific branch my branch was really close and family oriented so we had fun at work, but every Branch Manager may not be as lenient. Its a great place to start in sales good training and mentoring.

Cons

When I first got there the commission structure was great a lot of opportunity to make money then throughout the years they put a lot of caps and made it very hard to make a decent commission check especially if you are an "unlicensed banker". Licensed bankers still have a good opportunity to make a good chunk of money but of course not like before. Also depending on your branch if you are an "unlicensed banker" be prepared to be a teller when the line gets busy also since the roles have recently been combined.

Consider at least getting some advice from your retail bankers a lot of the chances do not benefit us and make it harder for us to be motivated, with the constant changes and added responsibilities in job roles and commission structures.

Teller

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Garland, TX

I have been working at Chase part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity, fun environment, and fantastic company

Cons

Office culture and communication can be stressful

Not a bad job just the same thing day in a day out.

Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay. Enjoyed all the people I worked with.

Cons

Horrible information database that make it hard to find information and support customer over the phone. Very hard to direct customer to the right resource/dept because we were never formerly advised on what each dept roles were. Also too many computer systems to do job. Need to combine systems.

Create knowledge database for faq for each dept so research efforts do not have to be duplicated.

Best bank to work, great compensation, great training and experience, and you can move up.

Former Employee - Licensed Relationship Banker in Studio City, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Relationship Banker in Studio City, CA

I worked at Chase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get compensated for your efforts and you get in front of a lot of people in order to close many banking and financial needs. You can say you are the best because it is the best and largest bank in the U.S. As long as you have a manager that doesn't get in the way, you can make a lot of money here.

Cons

Senior Management and most managers have no background or degrees in management. They move up into the management position by years being at the bank and through political moves. Management can get in the way of you excelling and you have to work hard and perform in order to make sure management doesn't get in the way.

Stay out of the way of top performers and let them do the job you hired them for. Also, make sure you let your employees know they've done a good job when they've accomplished something and reward them for it...don't just say they are rewarded by getting compensated by their efforts.

Depends on management how far you go.

Current Employee - Bank Teller in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in New York, NY

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, scheduling. Personal Growth, time off

Cons

Management must love you in order for you to grow.

Stop trying to be friends and do your job. Can't always please everyone.

Impressive, generous company

Current Employee - Branch Manager Vice President
    Current Employee - Branch Manager Vice President

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The training and career development plan is excellent, the salary and bonus program are very lucrative, there is great opportunity for advancement in some markets and they offer over the top time off policies.

Cons

Inadequate staffing, long hours, some markets have very limited opportunity and access to corporate benefits that are available in larger concentrated markets

It is a good place to work but it is about who you know.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The have great benefits including very good health insurance, at least 3 weeks of paid time off, sick days, personal days, 401k. It is a good environment to work with and provides a healthy work-life balance. Provides employees with plenty of learning opportunities.

Cons

Career growth can be challenging depending on where you start. Bankers make more than management sometimes so it is difficult to move up to a management position without taking a pay cut. Depending on the leadership, many employees feel like they are just a number to the company and they feel underappreciated. Additional responsibilities can be assigned to employees without benefit.

Employees do not receive enough attention. Employee satisfaction leads to customer satisfaction. Leadership in branches often lacks in the employee appreciation and motivation area.

Great Place to start career, however slow to advance

Current Employee - Teller in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Teller in Denver, CO

I have been working at Chase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I get to work with a bunch of cool people and learn the ins and outs of retail banking in a learning friendly environment. This is by far the best big bank I have worked for or heard from others who have worked at other banks.

Cons

The comission structure is skewed toward those at the top of the food chain and it does takes years of service or outstanding performance in order to move vertically within the company.

Recognize those who perform at a high level instead of those who have spent the most time at the bank. I feel like many of managers play favorites at my branch which leads to unfair promotions or retention.

Fruitful. Learn about consumer banking

Current Employee - Licensed Relationship Banker
    Current Employee - Licensed Relationship Banker

I have been working at Chase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits, coworkers, customer service, growth, education

Cons

long time to promotions, low base pay

Solid company to work for

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Mokena, IL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Mokena, IL

I have been working at Chase part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Managers are willing to work around your schedule

Cons

Promotions are a rarity…if you are good at what you do you keep that position and thats about it.
    Do not let you get more than the hours you were hired for.
    Upper management is lofty.

Show more interest in your tellers because they have the largest impact on your customers.