Chase

Chase Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.1 2,200 reviews

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Chase has great benefits and plenty of opportunities to grow within the company(in 216 reviews)

• Good benefits in respect to accounts in other banks in regards to balance minimums(in 153 reviews)

Cons
  • They have absolutely ZERO interest in providing you with work/life balance(in 52 reviews)

• I had a branch manager who was a jerk, and I had one that was really friendly(in 87 reviews)

2,200 Employee Reviews

Great experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTreated with alot of respect.

ConsAlot of customers each and every day.

Chase vision is great

Private Client Banker/SB (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsRelationships I have established with my clients encourages me to go to work regardless. I enjoy my job. Great retirement benefits, vacations, better incentive plans, proactive process for great customer service and employee satisfaction. Great banking products and services at all levels. Chase's forward thinking.

ConsThe retail part of the banking including business, investments and consumer is such an utter mess due to incompetent managers and supervisors. Most were promoted for they "know" the right people (Office politics)These are the very people that employees are suppose to approach for guidance and knowledge. Often times makes very poor judgement and ultimately affects customer service and employees job satisfaction. Yes I am speaking of, Market Managers, District Managers, Business Area Managers, Branch Managers, and Asst. Branch Managers. Lack of experience, knowledge and most of all people skills. I often say, policies and procedures are there for guidelines to follow so one can execute the proper process, however, critical thinking and common sense need to exist.
    There is no leadership, no training provided for the right employees(management often picks employees they like not because they are talented) therefore no growth for the right employees left behind. I have worked for the company for 10 years and worked at different positions such as mortgage, business banking and personal banking. I have taken 6, 63, and Life and Health licensing training under so much stress to better myself and be an asset to the company. I am a consistent producer and have had exceeds in my reviews. However, currently experiencing dissatisfaction because of the management I am under. I feel that I am completely alone. I cannot trust the knowledge and expertise of my superiors and now concern about my future. Move to a different district is not an option, for I am afraid of the same condition. This mess is like an infectious deadly disease!

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluation should come from your employees to determine that the current management you have is right for the job. Extensive training in products at all levels, operations and most of all people skills, must be in place for management at all levels. They should pass some sort of exams. Relationship Bankers had to pass 3 difficult licensing tests. Please realize that customers can sense if things are right within the branch. Happy employees makes loyal and better producers. These are the very people who will make a lot of difference for the company and in the long run will make Chase the number one bank ever. Hard working employees (the ones who do the right things for the customers and not for the sale) deserves better pay and humane treatment. Get rid of the slackers ( there is quite a few). Remember quality employees establishes quality relationships with customers! Definitely will improve the culture and sense of value. Take action now! There should be a sense of urgency!

Chase Bank

ProsGreat working environment. Very supportive management. Outstanding benefits package. Excellent Training Programs and mentorship. This firm has Business Resource Groups (BRGs) open to all and support diversity initiatives.

Cons"Banking Hours" are a myth if that attracts you to the industry. Expect to work full days and to be a productive team member. And as just about everywhere, expect more than 40 hours without overtime if you are management. Chase rewards productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue current practices. Continue to strive for work/life balance. Zealously support tellers and customer facing employees. Prioritize retention of trained and productive staff members.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company Overview

Licensed Personal Banker (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCompany is willing to promote from within. takes the time to develop the careers of the individual

Consthe majority of prior Washington Mutual managers are not the best.

VP Branch Manager

Vice President Branch Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat technology, great incentives, and professional environment. Great opportunity to grow if you're consistently excelling in your individual goals.

ConsUpper executive management leadership with unclear business growth direction. Minimal work life balance even when they promote this to all employees. Unrealistic staffing models to run business based on teller transaction data vs overall customer interaction data.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssess a realistic staffing model to run each banking center correctly, have realistic goal expectations for your DMs/BMs/ABMs. If you truly support work life balance, ensure your DMs/BMs/ABMs have the proper staffing to do so such as plenty of rotating DMTs/BMTs/ABMTs all year round. The most important think to most employees aside from good pay is a great work life balance. Happy stress free employees = happy customer = profitability in ANY business. Those employee surveys you have employees complete aren't 100% accurate due to fear of being reprimanded. Most employees believe all large employers DO NOT keep such information confidential, and these surveys become a place to either kiss you know what or use this platform to make others look bad in an attempt to get ahead. There's still a lot of it's who you know rather then what you know that gets you ahead in this company. Too many people getting tapped in the shoulder and overlooking the real talent.

Great except for the local leadership in East Texas

Relationship Banker (Former Employee) Tyler, TX

ProsJamie Dimon is a genius! Chase is definitely the best bank to bank at.

ConsLocal management in the East Texas area isn't the best. You get promised promotions only so you can stay at the same position longer.

Good starting ground

Licensed Relationship Banker (Current Employee) Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

ProsLicensing process is fantastic. Opportunity to make good money if you can refer business to your partners.

ConsStrict policies and regulations limit freedom and independence as an employeee

Advice to Senior ManagementA more thorough training process after licensing would help employees ramp up quickly.

Tons of networking, learning and growth opportunities

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsHuge network of professionals and employee networking groups,
    Great benefits and bonuses,
    Tons of learning opportunities through their online learning portal & sponsored training,
    A lot of executive management is actually pretty open to hearing ideas and issues
    Technology teams are phenomenal - best in the industry.

ConsBureaucracy / political red tape... almost every bad decision that's still in place probably has a backer somewhere in executive management - and because of that - you are not able to change the process / systems used.
    Re-Orgs - they happen at least 3-4 times a year
    Don't listen to all internal stakeholders on project teams - the only voice that matters is the one holding the purse strings... even though they're not the ones who do the day-to-day work and are familiar w/ systems
    Most upper level executives are pretty good, but there are also some that are not so good.
    Work / Life balance may be compromised at times when you need to get a job done or handle escalated incidents - but this is the same anywhere.
    Mobility is also not too good... it's very easy to pigeon-hole your career into one LOB or role - be smart and try to switch it up every few years if you can.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, ask for feedback and be accepting of honest responses. If you know something needs to change or be improved to better the lives of your employees - then do what's right.
    Trust your analysts when prioritizing upcoming features & releases
    Don't revamp the entire organization every time someone new comes on or leaves - bring in a process consultant to help with Organizational Alignment strategy instead of changing them based on finance

Fun Times

ProsPay is very good for the job.

ConsHours are not good for a new mother.

good company

Prosgood compansation and well structure

Consbad senior management and life balance

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!