Cheapcaribbean.com
www.cheapcaribbean.com Doylestown, PA 150 to 499 Employees

Cheapcaribbean.com Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014
Cheapcaribbean.com – Plano – “Beautiful work space”

Josh Paine

Pros:
  • "Company gives back to the community thru days of service and has partnered with Make a Wish foundation"
    in 4 reviews
  • "very pleasant working environment with a laid back feel compared to your average call center"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some of the shifts are not all that desirable, but that comes with a call center"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Very little growth potential unless you are already in upper management"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fast-paced Fun!

Concierge Agent (Current Employee)

ProsHIKE (Honesty, Integrity, Kindness & Excellence) Principles
    Great Benefits from health benefits to travel benefits
    Fantastic co-workers
    Lots of Perks (free lunches, Soft Pretzel Thursdays, Sundae Sundays)
    Relaxed Dress Code
    Shifts can change every 6 months

ConsDefinite Learning Curve
    Shifts can change every 6 months
    Most holidays we are open so, if you are scheduled to work that day, you must work or use PTO

Advice to Senior ManagementDevise a solid training plan that covers as many real-life scenarios as possible.
    Get all team captains on the same page about when to charge fees and when to waive them. Different answers for the same situations are not good for anyone.

hope it gets better with new ownership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Doylestown, PA

ProsCasual office, young employees, fun environment

Constoo many levels of management
    if you were in with the owners, you were in. if you weren't... you were out

Don't Ever Work Here!!!!!

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Doylestown, PA

ProsThe meetings with different resorts

ConsLack of training, Impatient and Rude managers, being told one thing when it's really something else and that they don't have time to help you when you need it

Advice to Senior ManagementTell people the truth!!!! Have patience with new hires

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A business full of con artists, racists, and homophobes.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsAbsolutely nothing. You will be lucky if the air conditioning is working properly in the Phoenix office. If there is a pro, it would be the days that the homophobic managers and the useless HR call out.

ConsBlatant racism, homophobia, low wages, and management that treats employees like slaves rather than people.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheapcaribbean just merged with Apple Leisure Group; a part of Bain Capital. Naturally, management will not listen to any advice. Money and conning customers with their over-tierd "resorts" is their only concern.

Flag Review
    Cheapcaribbean.com Sr. Director, Corporate Human Resources responded to this review May 22, 2014 EditDelete
    While we appreciate the fact that Glassdoor.com provides a forum for our employees to make comments, when serious and untrue allegations are made about the company or employees Glassdoor.com should ... More

CheapCaribbean puts the "Cheap" in their name

(Former Employee)
    Doylestown, PA

ProsThe employees are the best. I worked with a bunch of great people while there and couldn't have asked for a better team to be a part of.

The benefits are better than any other company I've worked at. Getting discounted trips was a big bonus too!

ConsCC went downhill as soon as they were acquired. Not only did we not receive a holiday bonus, but no raises either. Lots of lies and shady business going on behind our backs with no rhyme or reason to any of it. For instance, they got rid of maternity leave without informing their employees (we even had a health benefits meeting and nothing was brought up). The changes made there, in my opinion, have really set back CC as far as the company side goes.

If you're not in a senior management position, don't expect to make much money. There is little room for growth, so unless you move to a different department, don't expect to be promoted. On top of that, employees are not recognized for any of their hard work or effort. However you'll probably make it if you're good at sucking up and work in the Dallas office.

Upper management could not be worse. They lie to their employees, don't abide by their own rules (HIKE), and most of all don't LISTEN to the people who keep this company running full speed ahead. They show favoritism depending on the office you work in. You want to talk about the culture there? Well you can't because there is none. There is no job security either.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to what your employees are trying so desperately to tell you. Remember that THEY are the ones who keep this company running. Without them, you wouldn't be where you are. I know you're all about making money, but many of your decisions are NOT benefitting your employees. You need to recognize them and appreciate them for all the hard work they put forth everyday.

It's a real shame because I really enjoyed working for CheapCaribbean up until the last few months I was employed there. The decisions upper management made in those last few months really pushed me out the door. Sometimes I think their decision making was meant for people to leave on their own account so they didn't have to do the dirty work of firing people. It sucks to even think a company would stoop so low, but we all know they're looking out for and it's certainly not their employees.

Horrible Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTime to look for new job because lack of direction, projects and supervision, financial incentive to say with company until end of year

Conswork is no longer exciting or challenging, management doesn't speak to you- and acts like they could care less, do what your told culture, not inspiring or collaborative

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest about what is happeing with company. don't make people sweat it and guess if they have a job or career. if you say you care about your employees...please actually take action to show it. Stop lying about things, especially pay.

Ups and Downs

Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood money for sales agents and supervisors. Can be a fun environment.

ConsInconsistencies in upper management. Communication is lacking. Sometimes feels more like High School than a professional setting. Customer service is grossly under paid. No recognition for call center employees unless you are upper management. Very little growth potential unless you are already in upper management.

Cheapcaribbean is a disaster!

ProsUp until 6 months ago everything was a Pro! Now just Cons.

ConsSenior leadership has lost all the leaders and are left with Senior loosers. The CEO use to be a real motivational leader now he just tells everyone if you don't like it leave. He hires leaders to surround him that have no experience doing their job resulting in poor sales and results and he wonders why? If you are interviewing with this company, run in the other direction! If you work here, you should be looking for another job before they lay you off or fire you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of that rediculous HIKE program. As leaders you don't follow it, why should the employees?

Bad getting Worse- this change is not good

ProsWorking with my peers and the industry I work in

ConsThis has become most ridiculous place I have ever worked. The place's focus is no longer to be profitable and successful and provide solid career paths for their employees, but to develop a dishonest, manipulative, fake, and counter-productive culture program with horrible execution. Ironically, since the CheapCaribbean.com launched this new culture last year, the senior leadership has lied to the employees, screwed a few employees from agreed/contracted bonus money, made up accusations to displace employees, and promote others that are extremely unqualified for the roles.

There used to be a higher opinion of this company; there were things that were not ideal at the company, but it was at least productive and didn't have a hostile feeling throughout. Now, there is zero trust in CEO and senior leadership, and our HR department is a joke, allowing all of this to take place. Plus, continuing to making errors with employees benefits and pay.

Recognize that it is the people that work in the four walls that make or break a business, and to lie and cheat them is not operating with honest, integrity, kindness and excellence, which are the guiding principles of our new culture. Give us a true vision and solid leadership, be honest and operate with integrity (saying you have integrity doesn’t make it true), and take care of your employees - do what you say and commit to.

Advice to Senior ManagementOperate with integrity, this type of change is not good

No room for growth and a lot of empty promises.

Doylestown, PA

Pros- Friendly co-workers
    - Always busy so the day goes by quickly
    - Gives back to the community by pairing with several charitable organizations

Cons- No room for growth
    - Morale is very low due to job security and compensation issues

Advice to Senior ManagementThings seemed to be looking up when the culture initiative was introduced this past summer but that hope has dwindled lately. There is a lot of change happening, which is creating uncertainty, but telling your employees that if they don't like change they should find somewhere else to work was irresponsible and inconsiderate. Obviously people asked those questions during the Town Hall Meeting because they were concerned and management did nothing to assuage that concern since at least 4 employees have left company within the last few weeks. Instead of getting aggravated by being asked the same questions over and over again, find another way to reassure your employees.

Worked for Cheapcaribbean.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cheapcaribbean.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cheapcaribbean.com CEO Josh Paine . All 57 reviews posted anonymously by Cheapcaribbean.com employees.