Cheapcaribbean.com

www.cheapcaribbean.com

Cheapcaribbean.com Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Cheapcaribbean.com – Plano – “Beautiful work space”

Josh Paine

Pros
  • Company gives back to the community thru days of service and has partnered with Make a Wish foundation(in 4 reviews)

• very pleasant working environment with a laid back feel compared to your average call center(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the shifts are not all that desirable, but that comes with a call center(in 8 reviews)

• Very little growth potential unless you are already in upper management(in 5 reviews)

Fast-paced Fun!

Concierge Agent (Current Employee) Doylestown, PA

ProsHIKE (Honesty, Integrity, Kindness & Excellence) Principles
    Great Benefits from health benefits to travel benefits
    Fantastic co-workers
    Lots of Perks (free lunches, Soft Pretzel Thursdays, Sundae Sundays)
    Relaxed Dress Code
    Shifts can change every 6 months

ConsDefinite Learning Curve
    Shifts can change every 6 months
    Most holidays we are open so, if you are scheduled to work that day, you must work or use PTO

Advice to Senior ManagementDevise a solid training plan that covers as many real-life scenarios as possible.
    Get all team captains on the same page about when to charge fees and when to waive them. Different answers for the same situations are not good for anyone.

For being part of ALG the organization is lacking remedial management skills.

ProsThere is a very casual dress code and coworkers are great people who make work fun and interesting daily!

ConsThere is a secret list of seemingly never ending errors one can make; and yes this effects your pay check, as well as short staffing issues. Also only one or two good supervisors, if you're lucky to get them.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need better, more experienced supervisors/managers. You're a big player now with the merger and your offices are still run as grassroots shops.

Think carefully about your decision to work here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsPersonal growth/Promotions: This company still has a "startup mentality", so you do get exposure to a wide variety of jobs and job functions, which is good for personal growth and getting a better career in the future. This place is a good first job for interns or young kids who are straight out of college, but don't bet on building a career here.

Management: Very hands-off (since most of the managers/directors left or were let go when new management came)

Time off: 5 paid holidays and an opportunity to accrue 14 days of paid time off after 90 days (this may change under new management)

Work/life balance: Very good. In general, no one is expected to work late or overtime.

ConsPersonal growth/Promotions: There is no such thing as a promotion - the company is happy to lose its employees and hire contractors rather than give a promotion (if you do get a promotion, it is in title only, not money). Mostly people come here to get their feet wet then move onto something better. Or, they lay down and die here because they don't care about improving themselves or getting a better career - they just want a steady paycheck.

Management: Good luck ever getting word from a manager. There's an absolute lack of leadership. The company lost its CEO and all its directors/managers (and subsequently all the decent employees) and has been seriously waffling around doing nothing ever since. Sometimes you want some management, some direction, some plans, some actual work to do, but the majority of the employees here are content doing nothing, inventing projects with deadlines that are never reached, and playing with their nerf guns.

Work/life balance: You rarely have to do any actual work here, but if you value yourself as a human being, you will not find any kind of fulfillment working for this kind of company

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees aren't working. Spend some time with them to see what they actually do. Sorry. You could make do with half the people you have here and still get the same amount of work done.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Daycare for adults!

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsPeople are nice. At least to your face.

ConsDo you like being treated like an child? Then this is the place for you! Want to feel like you don't matter at all? Then interview now! Not looking for career advancement? Don't worry, just fly under the radar and hope nobody notices that you exist. You won't get promoted either way, but at least this way, you won't get fired either. I sure hope you don't have any new ideas! Those are dangerous, and can get you fired. You're not part of the original "family" that started this company? Don't worry! You only have to wait for them all to die until you can finally move up in this place. Do you like feeling part of a private group and feeling special? Well, although it's a little too late for that now, think of it as high school. You can watch all the cool kids to hang out together get anything they want and do anything they want without any consequences. But don't you dare be five minutes late for work! That's treason! Sure, you worked about 14 hours yesterday, but that's no excuse! As a matter of fact, there are no excuses for being five minutes late. Period. And boy do you need to be punished! You don't like the answer you just got from your supervisor? That's okay! Just go ask another one, and you'll get a different answer! But choose which answer you follow very wisely. Otherwise you'll get in big big trouble! And of course, flexibility is the hallmark here at CheapCaribbean.com. If you have an issue that needs to be worked out, just go to management and they'll work with you to - JUST KIDDING! They don't want to hear a thing you have to say, and unless you're one of the founding fathers, not a single rule can ever be bent. But I guess that's good, because after all, this is daycare for adults. I love it here! It's like prison for non-offenders.

Advice to Senior ManagementShut up and listen. Close Arizona. You know that's the elephant in the room. Joe's baby didn't quite work out, now did it. Do the right thing. Show the company you're listening. Close Arizona.

hope it gets better with new ownership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Doylestown, PA

ProsCasual office, young employees, fun environment

Constoo many levels of management
    if you were in with the owners, you were in. if you weren't... you were out

Don't Ever Work Here!!!!!

Anonymous (Former Employee) Doylestown, PA

ProsThe meetings with different resorts

ConsLack of training, Impatient and Rude managers, being told one thing when it's really something else and that they don't have time to help you when you need it

Advice to Senior ManagementTell people the truth!!!! Have patience with new hires

CheapCaribbean puts the "Cheap" in their name

(Former Employee) Doylestown, PA

ProsThe employees are the best. I worked with a bunch of great people while there and couldn't have asked for a better team to be a part of.

The benefits are better than any other company I've worked at. Getting discounted trips was a big bonus too!

ConsCC went downhill as soon as they were acquired. Not only did we not receive a holiday bonus, but no raises either. Lots of lies and shady business going on behind our backs with no rhyme or reason to any of it. For instance, they got rid of maternity leave without informing their employees (we even had a health benefits meeting and nothing was brought up). The changes made there, in my opinion, have really set back CC as far as the company side goes.

If you're not in a senior management position, don't expect to make much money. There is little room for growth, so unless you move to a different department, don't expect to be promoted. On top of that, employees are not recognized for any of their hard work or effort. However you'll probably make it if you're good at sucking up and work in the Dallas office.

Upper management could not be worse. They lie to their employees, don't abide by their own rules (HIKE), and most of all don't LISTEN to the people who keep this company running full speed ahead. They show favoritism depending on the office you work in. You want to talk about the culture there? Well you can't because there is none. There is no job security either.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to what your employees are trying so desperately to tell you. Remember that THEY are the ones who keep this company running. Without them, you wouldn't be where you are. I know you're all about making money, but many of your decisions are NOT benefitting your employees. You need to recognize them and appreciate them for all the hard work they put forth everyday.

It's a real shame because I really enjoyed working for CheapCaribbean up until the last few months I was employed there. The decisions upper management made in those last few months really pushed me out the door. Sometimes I think their decision making was meant for people to leave on their own account so they didn't have to do the dirty work of firing people. It sucks to even think a company would stoop so low, but we all know they're looking out for and it's certainly not their employees.

A business full of con artists, racists, and homophobes.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsAbsolutely nothing. You will be lucky if the air conditioning is working properly in the Phoenix office. If there is a pro, it would be the days that the homophobic managers and the useless HR call out.

ConsBlatant racism, homophobia, low wages, and management that treats employees like slaves rather than people.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheapcaribbean just merged with Apple Leisure Group; a part of Bain Capital. Naturally, management will not listen to any advice. Money and conning customers with their over-tierd "resorts" is their only concern.

Cheapcaribbean.com Sr. Director, Corporate Human Resources responded to this review

May 22, 2014

While we appreciate the fact that Glassdoor.com provides a forum for our employees to make comments, when serious and untrue allegations are made about the company or employees Glassdoor.com should ... More

Horrible Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTime to look for new job because lack of direction, projects and supervision, financial incentive to say with company until end of year

Conswork is no longer exciting or challenging, management doesn't speak to you- and acts like they could care less, do what your told culture, not inspiring or collaborative

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest about what is happeing with company. don't make people sweat it and guess if they have a job or career. if you say you care about your employees...please actually take action to show it. Stop lying about things, especially pay.

Ups and Downs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood money for sales agents and supervisors. Can be a fun environment.

ConsInconsistencies in upper management. Communication is lacking. Sometimes feels more like High School than a professional setting. Customer service is grossly under paid. No recognition for call center employees unless you are upper management. Very little growth potential unless you are already in upper management.

Worked for Cheapcaribbean.com? Contribute to the Community!