Check Point Software

Be The First To
Add Photos

Check Point Software Chairman and CEO Gil Shwed

Gil Shwed

Pros
  • The work environment is great - lots of group outings, always free lunch, breakfasts on Fridays(in 17 reviews)

• I love working with the great people(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is too involved in products(in 10 reviews)

• No work life balance what so ever(in 4 reviews)

Good company

ProsFree food. Fun environment paid lunch travel

ConsTravel cheap company will not buy anything stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementK

Sales Candidates Beware

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe technology is great.
    Benefits are good.
    Security Engineers were well received by clients.

ConsOn-boarding consists of 40 hours of pre-recorded webinars -- hardly sufficient for the breadth of job requirements. Very little sales support and encouragement from sales management. I stumbled for months because there was no real-world coaching; no substantial introduction to resources and internal systems; no quote development training; no CRM training - how to input data the Check Point way; an Account Base that changed dramatically after (3) months; rotating Sales Engineers. Customers had better relationships with Channel Partners than with Check Point. direct because of the rotating cast of Account Managers. Senior executives have no real understanding of the competitive landscape. Low Pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales Managers should support team members; they will throw their team members under the bus very quickly in order to save their own skin. My experience: they only manage upward. Ego-driven environment needs to go.
    On-boarding plan should include an assigned mentor.
    Significant dollars for Marketing are needed -- there is virtualy none, and the competitive landscape has gotten greater over the years.
    Ask the field sales people what's working / what's not -- and listen!

Great opportunity to learn world class security solutions

Security Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCheck Point experience is an invaluable skill in any major city or country

Conssalaries are lower than competition

Advice to Senior Managementwork harder to keep talent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Past worker - its OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere was the free food.

ConsThere were the long hours.

Just okay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people you work with are generally nice. The product also, is very well known as being the top in the industry.

ConsCompany is very disorganized, as a whole. Some job descriptions may be a bit misleading when compared to actual job responsibilities.

My experience was exhilarating both with my learning experiences and with the people I worked.

Partner Alliance Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis company does a great job familiarizing you with all cultures of Check Point to give you the best understanding of their products. Great people to work with as a team.

ConsUpper management should concentrate with appropriate training for all new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany plans and strives on sales throughout each quarter and should be looking also at how to get to better sales daily.

Good learning experience; not so good salary or management style

ProsGood learning experience.
    Options for lateral moves.

ConsBelow market salary.
    CEO and Israeli teams think they know it best, and the Americans are just good at following.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you think you can do it better, do it!

Good company, low pay

Technical Advisor (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGreat place to work and get experience in the security field. Free lunch, company events, and a trip to Israel.

ConsLow pay for the work/stress. Other companies will offer you double what you are making at Check Point after you've been there for a year, and Check Point doesn't care enough to meet even half way to match.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurnover kills the support experience. After leaving the company and needing to call in for one thing or another as customer, it is painfully obvious that the engineers are undertrained and inexperienced. Usually it is faster to figure it out on your own if you know even a little bit about the product.

Buyer Beware

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity to learn about security software.
    Great technology company.
    Good benefits.

ConsManagement constantly berates you to the point you are unable to focus on job. Focus is on the negative; not what you're doing well.
    Insufficient training - not what was promised.
    Complete work overload.
    Competition has aggressive marketing / Check Point completely misses the mark in this area.

Great place to work

ProsPlenty of room to grow and follow a career path

ConsThere isn't much I could say here

Worked for Check Point Software? Contribute to the Community!