Check Point Software Technologies

Updated September 6, 2014
3.4

Check Point Software Technologies Chairman and CEO Gil Shwed
Gil Shwed

Pros
  • The work environment is great - lots of group outings, always free lunch, breakfasts on Fridays (in 17 reviews)

• I love working with the great people (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is extremely cheap in their hiring practices (in 11 reviews)

• No work life balance what so ever (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales engineer

Former Employee - Security Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Check Point Software Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Access to information, tools to do your job.

Cons

None they provide exactly what is promised. This is a great place to work.

Bridge the gap from Israel to US as well as development.

What an amazing place to make an impact!

Current Employee - Product Marketing  in  San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a lot of camaraderie and support for each other here. People step in to help you out. The work itself is incredibly interesting and constantly changing. So if you like an environment of new and exciting areas to work on, it's great here. The marketing organization is really rejuvenated since we brought on a new CMO. The work environment is great - lots of group outings, always free lunch, breakfasts on Fridays. You also get to work with some of the brightest and smartest people.

Cons

The company has a culture that strives for excellence so you often have to iterate on the work till you get to that level. The HQ is in Israel so sometimes the hour difference calls for early morning or late night calls. It's a very value driven company for any expense which creates many processes when it involves spending with external vendors. If you don't watch it, you are bound to gain the Check Point 10 pounds!

Listen a bit more to the ideas. Be ready to try some things even if you aren't guaranteed that they will work.

Just started and already have learned so much. I love the work atmoshpehere

Current Employee - Channel Marketing Manager  in  San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

For working here for only three months, I have learned more in my current position than any previous job I've held before. I have the best supervisor and with the addition of the new CMO, the marketing department has really whipped up into shape. The people that work here could not be nicer and it has been an absolute pleasure working for Check Point.

Cons

Food, food and more food. They love to feed you here!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work if the pros matter to you and the cons don't

Pros

Good people, good work/life balance. Free Lunch (of "there is no such thing" fame). Great location a walking distance from a central train station. There are opportunities to grow if you're proactive about finding them and keep nudging the powers that be.

Cons

General consensus seems to be that compensation is subpar compared to alternatives. Large and diverse company - so much like a box of chocolates, when you take a position you never know what you're going to get, and what you get may not be to your liking.

Poised for greatness!

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working with the great people. Check Point has this startup feel, but the financial security of a big company. I'm always learning new things, and we have some freedom to suggest new technologies. There is always something going on that I haven't felt my work mundane after 7+ years here. I feel that I'm really making a difference for the company and this is important for me. Employees are rewarded for good performance every year with bonuses, salary increases, and even RSU! Some say that this company is cheap, but for the company to send all their employees and significant others across the globe to Mexico for a 3 days excursion has got to speak for itself. And, this is not the first time. Plus, team outings, breakfast on Fridays, and the free waiter.com lunches every day is a great plus!

Cons

There are some challenges working with Israel (our headquarter), due to time differences and some language barriers, but this is expected. The company forces you to think out of the box because you don't have an unlimited amount of funding for your projects, so you have to really find the best solution to get what you need. Because we have been without a leader for a while, there have been some turnovers in the company, but our new CMO is aggressively working to hire new talents.

Our new CMO, Marie Hattar, is awesome! She brings in a lot of energy, passion, and purpose. This is what the company is missing for a long time now, someone to really lead the Marketing front here in San Carlos, and bring in the Israeli component to make it one company, one voice. I'm really, really excited that Marie is here! She has already made a tremendous effect in the company culture and how we look at things in the short period of time she is here. She is so open and honest about what is going on, and so approachable! A real people-person. We are very lucky to have her and I'm looking forward to only greatness for the company!

Most say "free lunch." More importantly. is it's a challenging career opportunity for those determined to succeed.

Current Employee - Escalation Engineer  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Pros

Strong company / Industry leader.
    Co-workers are great.
    There is a strong team atmosphere.
    Social activities - team specific, whole office, as well as company-wide events.
    Generous stock purchase program.
    Stability in an unstable field.
    Opportunity for growth, provided you are willing to invest the time and effort to make your "dreams" happen.
    Travel opportunities, even for those that are not in "top" positions.
    There are not many companies were a Vice President knows you personally. I've had pleasant conversations with senior management, on a number of occasions, many of which were non-work related.

Cons

I have read more than enough cons. I will leave pointing these types of things out to the other folks. There is nothing that a weekend and/or a holiday away from the office can't cure. The pros far out-weigh any con I could mention here. There is always room to improve as a company, just as there is always room for me to improve as an employee.

Stay the course. I know that there is an overall vision for the future of Check Point and I look forward to continue to work towards that goal.

Great place to work, grow and develop

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good people, many opportunities, may chances to travel, good balance between working and living

Cons

Becoming a very large organization with many people and no longer the family it used to be.
    slow bureaucracy and politics sometime

keep up the good work

Great place

Pros

The pros include the outstanding people, the company culture, benefits, and mgmt.

Cons

The hiring process can be a little time consuming.

software developer

I worked at Check Point Software Technologies full-time

Pros

like the place and the environment

Cons

the money is no so good

Great company that takes care of their employees

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies

Pros

Great culture & work enviroment. They buy you lunch everyday

Cons

For me the location is a con but other wise non to mention

N/A

Worked for Check Point Software Technologies? Contribute to the Community!