Checkers Drive-In

Checkers Drive-In Reviews in Tampa, FL

2.4

Rick Silva

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Restaurant Support Center is fun, challenging and growing better each year

Current Employee - Restaurant Support Center Employee - I T  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Restaurant Support Center Employee - I T in Tampa, FL

Pros

Checkers is a brand that you can be proud of. The company cares about the quality and value of their product and service and cares equally as much about their people. Depending on your position, hours can be flexible to accomadate life's interruptions. Checkers employees are very diverse and harrassent is not tolerated. They invest in their employees by growing a culture of fun, rewards, recognition and development. There are big incentives like cruises and smaller incentives that happen all the time, like gift cards, lunches or company outings to ball games, theme parks, picnics, bowling and more.

I've been with the company for nearly 20 years and have witnessed the generosity of the company through their C.A.R.E. program, community outreach following hurricanes and many other things. They encourage their employees to give back through different charities like breast cancer awareness and heart association. And employees are equally as giving when an employee (or their child) is raising money for a charity or school through a fundraiser.

Diversity and humor are encouraged but a strong work ethic is present as well. Employees at all levels from the corporate office to the crew in the restaurants take pride in the company and strive for excellence.

They are generous with vacation benefits!

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be long. Though this is not the norm, projects can crop up and are given a sense of urgency to complete in a limited time frame. For me, this is almost a pro and a con as the challenge can get my adrenalin going and I become very invested in rising to the task. But if the project demands a lot of overtime, it can also take it's toll on the home life and your health. So it is a careful balancing act. You have to work smart and communicate clearly what is a realistic deadline.

The Restaurant Support Center runs on a very lean staff and everyone is busy. The culture is to make time to work in fun events, but otherwise, the days are busy. Sometimes a person's efforts may seem to go unrecognized. The restaurant employees or franchisees may have no idea how much effort went into a particular project. However, the Executive team does have a handle on how much of a contribution each employee makes and the rewards often come later like during the annual All Star Awards.

Communication, communication, communication!!! Many thanks for a friendly, inviting and fun work environment but effective and timely communication is very valuable and we can continue to improve on this at a more granular level. The weekly huddles and quarterly town hall meetings give us the broad strokes and keep us updated on the pulse of the company, however, communication regarding promotional events and projects can be improved. We need more cross functional awareness between departments. We have made huge strides in this area but still there is room for improvement.

Worked for Checkers Drive-In? Contribute to the Community!