Cheers Interactive

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014
2.6

Nayan Shah

Good work environment, opportunity for growth if you take initiative

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cheers Interactive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good higher management, talent is recognized and nurtured

Cons

Idiotic HR people, cost cutting measures in terms of AC

Please stop hiring too many HR people, they dont serve any purpose. Also, working on saturdays are a joke, everyone just passes time on saturdays,

“The organization that gives you opportunities to fulfill your aspirations and dreams”

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cheers Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Cheers as an executive and with the opportunities which are provided I have been able to achieve so much in a short span of time. Cheers as an organization has the platform to offer it just takes your interest and willingness to take up challenges!

There are policies that annoy as an employee like working Saturdays and 9hours mandatory working!
    But the bigger picture at the organizational, divisional and team level there is proper vision provided.

Cons

There are some strict Info Sec Policies, which also has a exception mechanism but sometimes with the delay can be a problem!

On the areas which needs attention, only the aspect of flexi work timings along with Work from Home options if can be considered. Rest all is great…

not expected ctc and work environment

Current Employee - Research Associate in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cheers Interactive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

have the option of saturday off

Cons

rigorous,dont even allow for extra 5min break

Lots to learn if you can handle the management

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Cheers Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lot to learn. They give enough time to prove yourself.

Cons

Politics in upper management.
    Focus still not clear.

Risk taking aptitude is null.
    Need to change in ways of thinking.

The worst company I have seen till date

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Cheers Interactive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The well done corridors
    The view from the canteen

Cons

To start with Cheers is the worst possible company. The working climate is pathetic, have you seen these robots ? Yes I am talking about robots; people here work like mechanical robots without even batting at eyelid fron their computer screens. If you wish to take any break for more than 8 to 10 min you ll get dirty stares when you are back from your break. My great assistant manager would call me up in case lunch time got exceeded by just 5 min !! Can you believe that ? I have never seen a company which switches off the AC every two hours as a cost cutting measure !!! You ll hear fellow employees calling up the reception asking them to switch on the Ac ;-) Hilarious I know. But hold on there's more coming up. The cheers canteen- it can be furnace in the mornings ! Reason being they don put the ac in the mornings and they have no fans ! It can really be a torture given the sweltering heat of Mumbai. To proceed with my review let me tell you it has the worst working environment I have witnessed so far. Senior employees are majorly interested in politics and putting yu down somehow. There's no scope of growth with this horrendous organisation. But if you want to grow all you have to do is suck up to your manager like he/she is god. The manager I used to report to was a demon. She didn't even know rudimentary English, no basic etiquette or manners. And no confidence. Plus this scheming female has a big time inferiority complex with ladies. As for salary pay decently but expect yu to suck up to them for that. In all a horrible experience. And yes the HR is the worst of the lot, thr most useless HR team. Working with cheers one thing is for sure; you will have no work life balance whatsoever. Don't make the mistake of joining while joining it s all rosey and enticing the way they talk but after that you would be left lamenting over your decision. So please think not once but twice. And don let those dimly let corridors beguile you into thinking its a nice place to work etc!!! And oh yes the first company I have seen which doesn't even follow a Notice Period Policy when they want to terminate the services of an employee. They might just ask you to resign giving you random reasons all of a sudden without even letting you serve the notice period so watch it !!! The purpose of this review is to prevent eager job seekers from making the mistake I did

It would be futile giving any advice
    Horrible management.

"The company that applauds Dedication and Work Ethics"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cheers Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The tenure at Cheers Interactive has been a whirlwind of experiences - right from starting as an analyst, which I believed was the foundation period when it didn't take a lot of time for me to understand that Cheers applauds dedication and work ethics. These principles were evidently displayed among my seniors and team members.

Although the work that I am associated with is often termed as 'stressful', I have rarely seen people succumb to it. Rather, the positive work environment at Cheers encourages the team to work towards daily deadlines with zest.

Spending close to 9 hours at office can seem a daunting task, but the feeling of companionship and the unbiased affection and support showered on employees here makes work seem not just bearable but more of a 'friends working together' ambience.

As of now, when I look at myself as a mentor and a team leader, I am able to detect changes in my persona that I believe is a 'Cheers effect'. I have personally experienced that the responsibilities offered to a person here are in direct proportion to dedication and a willingness to learn. Cheers can take you a long way if you are able to show even a flicker of interest in learning and not giving up!

Cons

The policies followed by the organization are in alliance with the benefits of employees, but the leave lapse/encashment policy is something that I believe needs some tweaks. Because of the operations pressure and leaders like us do not get the opportunity to utilize all the leaves which can be a disadvantage. Hence a carry forward option for a limiited bandwith if can be implemented will be the best solution to this.

Everything is working on great and all is perfect.

Good place to learn, Delhites have ruin the working environment with office politics.

I have been working at Cheers Interactive full-time

Pros

A lot to learn from your seniors, provided you have the patience.
    Growth internally is another interesting prospect in the organisation.

Cons

Shortage of extra curricular activities, I dont know what why there's HR team in cheers.
    Any grievances are unheard and to top it off, the crowd from Delhi muddies up the water with office politics, spreading rumors, bitching to say the least.
    Watch yourself while you are working here because if are good at what you do, chances are you will be targeted, mocked and isolated, while HR team will sit back and pay no attention to it.

Not a great company to work at!!

I worked at Cheers Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn about business and sales process.

Senior management who teach you how to handle non co-operating/disrespectfully people(few senior management) at work which will help in future in a new company.

Cons

The company only gives importance to Sales and Sales heads. Not employee friendly.

People working there for a very long time are everything there.. They act and talk however they want and people under them have no choice but to listen.

No career growth as people in higher positions don't give any opportunity to excel.

No job security at all.

HR team works only for senior management and is the most unfriendly team in the org. They don't even smile being HR's.

Nothing. It wont make a difference.

Cheers to tears!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cheers Interactive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Dear friends, who are reading this review, with much hope as they are excited to have a new job or having an offer from this company, please think twice before joing here. I know people are fed up with old jobs and any one needs good salary, but if ypu don´t have any other option, then you can come here, as you will get salary on time. This is only benefit here.

Cons

When you will join here, the moment you will be advised not to update your social status that you are working in Cheers. It is so secretive, after working only one week, I understood that I am in a wrong place as 1. do calls and calls. 2: HR hired me saying that I am for online survey purpose, but my job was to sell & as it was my first job in sales, 3. Too much work pressure as you have to do almost 80 calls in any shift with results. 4. First, Third and Fifth saturday working 5. No work appreciation 6. 1 hour break means 1 hour break by watch 7. Too much politics as hard work is not appreciated as like anywhere management has favorites, and they can go for walk, food for much more time, but work is not appreciated.

Nothing. They know everything.

Work experience was good

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Cheers Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Got to learn lot of things

Cons

Compensation was not good, HR rules are not in a favor of employees

NO one hear