Cheesecake Factory

Updated Feb 25, 2014

Cheesecake Factory Chairman and CEO David Overton

David Overton

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun atmosphere but hard to move up

Hostess/Front Desk (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time for less than a year

ProsSocial atmosphere and the restaurant has a good reputation. Pretty flexible with scheduling as well - easy to swap shifts with coworkers. Good working conditions, restaurants are well-maintained. I think servers get the better end of the deal (which can be seen by less turnover) whereas hostess/front desk does not get compensated nearly as well.

ConsHostesses don't get any tips and it takes too long to move up to a server (must move to the bakery first). The pay is just okay and hostesses are also required to maintain the bathroom throughout the day (deep cleaning is done by housekeeping).

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for quicker movement for those who show good potential

Fun and good learning experience

Manager (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time for more than a year

ProsI enjoyed the close working relationships with coworkers and managers there. The salary was decent and the benefits were good.

ConsLong hours, too many fatty and sweet food to eat

A great fast paced company to be a part of with high standards

Food Server (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery team oriented. The managers are very helpful and driven. There are a lot of shifts to work. The money is great. If full-time there are really good health benefits offered. Flexible scheduling, and short shifts make it a great job for a full-time student. Always busy.

ConsBecause of the fast pace management doesn't have time to take care of staff at times. Hosts regularly seat all tables at the same time. If full-time servers are very overworked and burned out. Weekends must be worked as well as holidays. Shifts can go really late at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the rules as far as seating a server all tables at once. This rule can really hurt the server and cause them to be overworked, as well as risk hurting the guest experience. Breaker and food-running shifts should pay better. There should be more food-runners scheduled each shift. Work life balance is a huge problem. Management doesn't care at all about work life balance.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is hard work. The money is great and the job overall is very rewarding. Time flies.

Server (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Prosfriendly atmosphere, fair management. They are extremely flexible with my schedule because I am also a full time student. They base promotions on performance, if you perform well you will be rewarded.

ConsIt is so fast paced sometimes management doesn't care about your well being. It is very repetitive. The smell of food sticks to you. You must be absolutely perfect there or else you get a lot of negativity from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get so caught up in your managerial duties that you forget to satisfy the guest and take care of your staff.

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cheesecake Factory reviews and ratings in Pleasanton, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cheesecake Factory CEO David Overton. All reviews posted anonymously by Cheesecake Factory employees.