Cheesecake Factory

Cheesecake Factory Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Cheesecake Factory Chairman and CEO David Overton

David Overton

Pros:
  • "Servers make good money because people usually buy dessert"
    in 32 reviews
  • "The only pros of working here are a flexible schedule and the fact that you can make between"
    in 27 reviews
Cons:
  • "long hours because they wouldnt hire more people to cover shifts"
    in 28 reviews
  • "Servers were not always held responsible for their actions with guests or side work"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very extensive menu, but a great place to work!

Sacramento, CA

ProsVery organized, great training programs, and yummy food!

ConsSmall serving sections, which could effect your take home pay.

Very corporate, potential to make great money as a server.

Southlake, TX

ProsAlways busy, great management, good clientel, family environment, good benefits. EXTREMELY efficient on relieving/cutting the servers. If it is slow (rare) they want you out as soon as possible, which is a good thing, they want the servers who are on to make money. Very flexible with schedule.

ConsTo make the good money you have to work long hard hours. Somedays 12-14 hours with no break, but being a server this is where you really make your money. Having a pristene white uniform can be annoying at times. Have to be there a long time to advance.

Great, steady, reliable and consistant employment

Server (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsThey provide training for everything. I can probably step into any restaurant and start serving tables flawlessly from the training provided here.

ConsSometimes politics can get involved making it difficult to move up.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a challenging environment but it is fun as well

ProsTips are usually twice of what you would make in your dally hourly, hot schedule app makes it easy to check your schedual

ConsYou don't always get the good shifts so it can be slow in your section. You also don't have a certain schedule so you can work one day one week and not the next

Advice to Senior ManagementFor those who have full availability it would be best to have a certain # of days a week not to few or way to many doubles

Hostess

Front Desk Host (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is very flexible when it comes to scheduling. It was a exciting job with great coworkers and guest. You would receive a free meal when working doubles and discounts when eating in. Very great environment to be. Opportunity to advance.

ConsLong hours on your feet. Very stressful at times when costumers are tired of waiting. Sore feet after standing and walking all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

Not a bad restaurant job

Server (Former Employee)

ProsFast-paced, always busy, usually a really fun environment with some great coworkers. Weekly earnings are pretty consistent year-round which is awesome.

ConsBenefits are rather expensive for the coverage they provide. Depending on the location, clientele can be extremely needy/foreign/downright horrible.

Great Part-time job

Busser (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsManagers are good. Mark, the GM is an awesome dude. They train great leaders. You have a couple micro managers but the manager will work with you if you show up to work do your job and go home. I worked at a CCF in 3 states. Chicago (Michigan Ave.) was my favorite. So many people from all walks of life come through on a regular basis. Rich poor, celebrities common folks, etc. The employees are so diverse. I enjoyed working and learning from them. If you can deal with stress, high performance work, rude customers (every so often) bad tippers (every so often), language barriers and being on your feet for hours. Then do this job. Its still amazing to see this CCF coordinate such a huge crowd and 300 employee staff.

ConsTurn over is very high. If someone doesn't show up, you have to pick up the slack. If you have a micromanaging manager, its the worst because this is an already stressful environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the bad.

Great place to learn the business

Linecook (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a great place to learn the inner workings of a very high volume kitchen. I could seriously walk into any other restaurant and feel comfortable that I'm as, if not far more, knowledgeable than the average cook.

ConsThey expect you to be extremely fast and they want everything that goes out to be perfect. Understandable. The problem is they provide very little training. Management seems to be fixated on micromanaging as opposed to training. Also, there is a HUGE pay gap between hourly and management. After four years I make considerably less than twenty thousand a year. Starting management makes around fifty thousand plus bonuses. Everyone is nice and treats each other well for the most part, but at the end of the day, you just feel like another small cog in a very big wheel.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more of your low level management from within the company. This is a complicated restaurant with complicated food. If your management had first hand experience on the line you would see a huge payoff in more well trained cooks.

Pays the bils

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proseasy consistent money, flexible schedules

Consyou are disposable and they make you aware of it.

Overall good but company should empower its employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe restaurant was always busy which meant a steady income for servers. The chefs in the kitchen always produced a consistent product. The teamwork among servers and bartenders was great.

ConsThe managers sometimes let customers treat employees like dirt, employees weren't empowered at all. There was a big disconnect between the serving staff and the bussers. Overall too corporate of an environment-and not in a good way.

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cheesecake Factory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cheesecake Factory CEO David Overton. All 381 reviews posted anonymously by Cheesecake Factory employees.