Cheesecake Factory Reviews

Reset
1.0
Cheesecake Factory Chairman and CEO David Overton
David Overton

Pros
  • Extremely flexible schedule (Valuable for a college student like myself) (in 42 reviews)

• Servers make good money because people usually buy dessert (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, management could be difficult (in 34 reviews)

• There is also little to NO employee appreciation with the exception of a holiday cheesecake (in 5 reviews)

1. My job was to serve

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

pretty nice environment. got to network with lots of people. big tips

Cons

always busy be prepared to walk alot the resturant is always busy from open to close, hardly have time for breaks

Advice to Management

need to hire more people not enough for the hundreds of people we serve

2. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent. Staff is usually outstanding.

Cons

Not conducive to anyone that has a family or children. As a manager you are taken advantage of all the time with the excuse that it's the industry. That is extremely false. Dm, rm, and gms will lie and are not looking in your best interest. In ten years experience this is by far the worst company I have worked for.be very careful if choosing this company.

3. Server

Pros

Good people, easy money, great college job, not a career

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing. They run around bossing servers that have been there much longer than them and expecting them to follow through.

Advice to Management

Do better

5. dishwasher

Former Employee - Dishwasher in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Dishwasher in Garden City, NY

Pros

Free lunch that's all that kept me there for a month

Cons

Bad hours very very hard work , prepare yourself for burned fingers and soaked cloths every day.

Advice to Management

Hire more people

Horrible...just...horrible

Former Employee - Busser in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Busser in Westlake, OH

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can make a decent amount of money during the summer and on weekends but that's it.

Cons

Poor management, No breaks, Policies that make zero sense and waste time, Working like pigs and dealing with large obnoxious crowds.

Advice to Management

Invest some time and thought into your policies before making them and treat the people working for you like people, not cattle. Stop making up new rules that make no sense and stop stuffing your faces all day. Seriously, quit eating and work like the rest of us.

7. Natick was awful

Former Employee - Server in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Server in Natick, MA

Pros

Not many, you can make money, if you are one of the manager's favorites and if the front desk is getting tipped.

Cons

The restaurant business can attract some of the lowest forms of life. This is one of those places. Natick had the worst, immoral, unscrupulous managers/predators.

Advice to Management

Fire all of them.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Prep Cook
    Former Employee - Prep Cook

Pros

Free food turning orientation. Starting pay wasn't too bad.

Cons

Management treats you like your a third-class citizen. They hired me full-time, less than 6 months later I was part-time, working 1-2 days a week. They don't train you. They say the have a good training system, they don't. It sucks. Managers will get you for even the smallest mistakes. Food tastes like crap. Portions are way too big. People who go there are idiots.

Advice to Management

Your company sucks. I'm so glad I don't work for you anymore. And no, I'll never eat there.

9. Egos on parade

Former Employee - Senior Manager North Carolina
    Former Employee - Senior Manager North Carolina

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, wonderful food, 90% of staff are outstanding especially in the kitchen, pride in knowing you work for the most popular company in the business.

Cons

way too many egos, abundance of office politics, audio and video not matching(saying one thing doing another), integrity issues, lots of passing the buck from those who are accountable, most superiors do not truly care, growth does exist but you will need to "practically" beg for it, management pay is 10-20% below what it should be, and again, you will need to beg for any increase because they do not really want to give it to you, your ideas are useless because they already know it all, far too many extra meetings, employee events, etc, extreme hours, lots of working from home, overly structured, too many hoops, takes an act of congress to get things done, operating systems in place are overwhelming and much too complex for a restaurant, need to scale down and simplify, sanitation & operational failures are a daily battle, huge disconnect between corporate and operations, ivory tower syndrome, pressure is extreme at times feeling of life & death instead of food & people business, too much change to manage, unethical terminations

Advice to Management

see above comments

No Growth, Breaks & Bad Management

Former Employee - Dessert Finisher/Barista in Buckhead, GA
    Former Employee - Dessert Finisher/Barista in Buckhead, GA

Pros

The pay was decent & good coworkers. Company is always busy.

Cons

Working over 10 hours on your feet with NO given break was unfair & illogical. The managers don't know what they're doing & would constantly over work you without appreciation & would only have 1 employee do everything especially if you're the only staff in that department for the day. If you have any fractures, I advise you not to work here if you break something you'll receive no workers comp & will fight against you for unemployment.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, stop cheating people working hours & manage better.

The Cheesecake Factory could care less about their employees.

Current Employee - Hostess in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Hostess in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the location (downtown Denver), there's always a lot happening and it never gets boring, some of the staff are awesome. They're willing to work with your school schedule.

Cons

I've been working at the Cheesecake Factory Denver for almost 7 months now and there's just been problems the entire time. After being told I was being cross trained in other areas of the restaurant, it has yet to happen. Most of the managers are awful to work with, and the one you need is never there. Also, they change every month. The company keeps screwing up my paycheck and there's only one manager that can fix it (and they're never there). They've also hired so many people that hours are hard to come by and they have a lot of trouble dispersing them.

RSS Feed </> Embed