Cheesecake Factory Reviews

554 reviews filtered by
3.8
Cheesecake Factory Chairman and CEO David Overton
David Overton

Pros
  • Extremely flexible schedule (Valuable for a college student like myself) (in 42 reviews)

• Servers make good money because people usually buy dessert (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours (10 - 15 hours, my coworker almost did a twenty hour shift once) with no breaks (in 34 reviews)

• There is also little to NO employee appreciation with the exception of a holiday cheesecake (in 5 reviews)

1. Cheesecake

Current Employee - Prep Cook in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Prep Cook in Providence, RI

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Overall great management in the front/back

Cons

Wont let you move on to different station if your good

Fix broken machines

2. Cheesecake Factory

Former Employee - Server in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Server in Novi, MI

I worked at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

great Hours and pay, easy

Cons

bad on busy night, maybe stressful

be better

3. I have worked here for 5 years

Current Employee - Food Server in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Food Server in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Flexible hours and the ability to make good money. They treat the employees well and provide good benefits.

Cons

No cons to the job except some of the costumers are hard to deal with in this day and age.

Management needs to continue doing what they are doing but i really don't think the consumer is always right.

5. Fun restaurant crew

Current Employee - Server in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Server in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

flexibility to pick up and drop shifts

Cons

Management using current roles as a stepping stone in their own careers lots of talk less action

Consistent support to employees and don't play favorites

6. it was okay

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in New York, NY

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than a year)

Pros

free food, free cheesecake, free drinks, 25 percent discount

Cons

very low pay, not enough hours

listen to the suggestions from your employees

7. Degrading and Disrespectful. No money to be made when it is slow. Managers constantly waste your time and don't care.

Current Employee - Busser in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Busser in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Money is decent when it's busy.

Cons

Management is horrible. I feel like the people over at corporate HQ get drunk and pull people's names out of a hat and give them management positions. It's really crazy how nothing ever improves and they constantly implement new policies that make zero sense and make everyone's job harder or impossible. Also, there is never a "thank you" or "good job". There are no breaks, which I'm pretty sure is illegal. Be prepared to work 15 hour days with no down time and a manager behind you knit picking everything little thing you do and micro managing you like you're a child. I am on the verge of quitting. The only thing I stay for is the decent money and I have bills to pay (big surprise).

Stop trying to cut corners and obsessing about your bonuses and start actually thinking and caring about the people who are working for you. You all keep saying that "people build the business and it starts with the people" but you all use us as expendable pawns to meet your own goals. Get off your laziness in the office and stop standing around thinking about new nonsensical policies and start treating people better and come up with realistic policies that will actually improve working conditions and efficiency. If the working conditions are poor and no respect is given, how do you expect the people below you to want to work harder for you? Wake up.

8. Amazing culture but lacking competitive pay.

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time

Pros

The people and culture. Everyone has a great attitude and there is a team/family environment.

Cons

Salaries are below average and benefits are OK.

9. It was the best serving job I've had

Former Employee - Server in Brentwood, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Brentwood, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great tips, great employees; great managers

Cons

micro managing, sunday clientele, health benefits

Keep up the good work!

10. Best Company

Current Employee - Front Desk Host, Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Host, Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, great team environment, hands on management

Cons

No guarantee of correct out time, high-volume, no designated breaks

11. This is the major league of casual fine dining.

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager
    Former Employee - Kitchen Manager

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People that work there love the food, and there is an abundance of diversity on the menu. People also love the culture, The Cheesecake Factory champions treating their hourly staff the way they should be treated--with respect! Managers are extremely flexible when it comes to scheduling, there are great opportunities for advancement, and servers, bussers, line cooks, kitchen managers and restaurant managers are friendly and promote a fun and safe working environment. This was easily the best company I have ever worked for in the restaurant industry, and I have been doing this for over 9 years. The opportunity for advancement is second-to-none. As a matter of fact, we, as managers were expected to be constantly training ourselves for promotions. I never heard of any manager that had worked for the company for multiple years that was not promoted. They encourage you to learn as much as you can about the food, culture, and systems. Staff are allowed free soup and bread (something you won't always find at other chains) and there's a meal program that takes a small amount of money out of your paycheck each day that you work and allows you to order most of the items on the menu (because just about everyone would take advantage of ordering the high priced items like the filet mignon or the ribeye). I will sorely miss the people, the managers, and the general attitude of every person I worked with, met, and became friends with while I was employed. Cheesecake Rocks!

Cons

The fast pace can be too much for some people and the hours can be long and arduous. As an example, I, as a kitchen manager, worked around 11-14 hours a day and it was exhausting. It was difficult to find the right work/life balance and ultimately I chose life over work. A lot of people in management, because of the long hours and having to work sometimes at home, reported their relationships with their significant other deteriorated and/or ended. While I was there, one of the kitchen managers was going through a rough divorce and a restaurant manager told me about how his wife divorced him because he became a workaholic and he ultimately had to step down as his role as the general manager and was demoted.

The benefits package that came with my salary were great. Bonuses were based on the overall performance of all the managers. My only advice is to lower the amount of hours managers have to work in order to create an environment that will allow a better work/life balance and more time to spend with family.

Cheesecake Factory Photos