Chefs’ Warehouse

Add Photos

Christopher Pappas

A Little Messed Up...

Sales (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFun place, fun people, great products

ConsManagement was a little messed up on corporate decision making.

Really awesome company if you don't mind working with incompetent people

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Industry, PA

ProsLots of great food, you will learn a lot about the food business, pay is above average.

ConsManagers here don't know what they're doing, most of them are not here half the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire selectively when it comes to upper management.

Great company to grow at!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsEmbraces technology, made move to become a national player.

ConsGrowing pains becoming a publicly traded company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees...management will get a pulse of how the employees are coping.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has potential because of great products

Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsHome every night; amazing product line, meet interesting clients who are passionate about what they are doing

ConsWork environment was unrefined, but there were efforts to turn it into a pro outfit; the job is less about driving trucks and more about getting boxes off the truck, hence difficult to provide real customer service or enjoy driving.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee drivers as a valued part of the team by better recruitment and pay. You get what you hire and pay for. Figure better routing. Hold clients accountable without throwing driver under the bus so they don't feel sold-out.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A Terrible Soul Sucking Place to Work

Account Executive (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsIt's a job and a paycheck, a sad one at that. There used to be a work from home or in the field option however that has given way to mandatory office hours. For outside sales...

ConsHow much time do you have? Awful management, they just slashed everyone's pay and acted like they were doing us a favor by giving us a job. So many useless high paid execs, no inside support, totally rude and ignorant people heading every dept,

Advice to Senior ManagementIf trying to bully, intimidate and incite fear into your subordinates is part of your job duties, you're all doing a wonderful job.

Sales

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOpportunity to expand your knowledge of products. Decent salary for as long as they keep you around-see notes below.

ConsGreat company if you like to "party" with one of the brothers that owns the business. I said "party" but I think you get my drift right? If you are professional and you do your job with care, you will be sent away. They don't like anybody that speaks the truth.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in some real Executives to run the company and send the "fraternity boys" away to do what they do which is basically spend money and name drop at fancy hotels.

Worked for Chefs’ Warehouse? Contribute to the Community!