Chem-Aqua Reviews

1 Rating

1. Just ok

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Chem-Aqua full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom and autonomy to perform job function

Cons

lack of long term vision

compete

2. BAD

Former Employee - Service Tech in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Service Tech in New York, NY

I worked at Chem-Aqua full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers. Ability to make own hours, based on boss preference.

Cons

Senior Manager, Senior Management above manager were clueless as to how a service company actually runs, makes money, & keeps customers. This is a SALES company that knows NOTHING about the service industry!

Learn exactly what field personnel REALLY do on a daily basis!
    Start offering a modern day competitive wage, instead of the sneaky way you compensate.
    Pay YOUR bills, instead of asking your field personnel to pay first, & then you reimburse.
    Hire managers who ACTUALLY manage our careers. Too many people "passing the buck", looking to blame others.

3. Good training, products, with lots of work hours

Former Employee - Water Treatment Consultant (Outside Sales) in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Water Treatment Consultant (Outside Sales) in Portland, OR

I worked at Chem-Aqua full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has long 90 year + history, family owned so no public stockholders to please, no debt so no concern about interest rates, very stable.
    Good technical and sales training.
    "Green" and sustainable products for use in HVAC water treatment.
    The products and service allowed me to add 60 new happy clients in 60 months while only having one cancel.

Cons

Salary so no overtime.
    "Compliance" requires regular visit to check clients HVAC system and record the results in laptop computer uploaded to corporate computer. Many clients want monthly visit. Result is long work days (I worked as long as 18 hours some days) and many work days in a row to keep up (I worked as many as 21 days straight).
    If you take a vacation then you need to "make up" your client visits either before or after the vacation or not in "compliance".
    Required to add new customers regularly, with monthly conference calls to discuss what potential clients you met with in the previous month and where in the "buying" process they are.
    Competing with your coworkers for the potential clients in the area; management decides who gets the account if any conflict.
    Even though adding new clients regularly, pay changes from time to time so your overall pay may stay the same (my gross pay was the same for 5 years) even though costs (car repairs, car insurance, gas, my share of medical insurance) went up over the same time; net result was lower pay every year.

More support between coworkers and less competition so can take a real vacation and not have to make up the "missed days".

One

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Bharūch (India)
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Bharūch (India)

I have been working at Chem-Aqua full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fast growing water treatment company

Cons

No dealer. it is good & direct communication with company

very good management