Chemtura

Chemtura Chairman, President, and CEO Craig A. Rogerson

Craig A. Rogerson

Constant Change

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Middlebury, CT

ProsVery good benefits, especially the 401k program. Administrative salaries are competitive.

ConsThis place is conatantly laying off and asking those left beind to assimilate more duties into an already full work week while not incurring overtime. Management changes its model far too much. There is always a "re-organization" going on. Due to all the layoffs, there is no opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun this company correctly.

Management sucks

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Middlebury, CT

ProsNo pros to this company

ConsA terrible place to work. Most of management are spineless and will not make a decision. Anyone with brains and iniative gets frustrated and leaves

Advice to Senior ManagementResign

Unhealthy place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Conyers, GA

ProsNice temp workers, very quiet, most won't get hired, won't pass a background check.

ConsNo money to spend on what it would, take to make the air better, will spend it on small improvements.
    The clicques have it made, keep your mouth shut, they don't want to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut some money in the place, visit it unannounced if you care. Quit putting money in the local OSHA's palm, they have to be on the take, it will bite you one day. Hey OSHA, pay a unannouced visit once in a while, if you care.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You may end up in a dead zone.

ProsChemtura is very good in flexible working hours and balancing work/personal life situations. Management is not rigid, friendly good people, lots of promise exist within the business and if you are lucky you may have a very nice manager.

ConsFiled CH-11, poor management and divestitures, lot of ups and downs since merger of GLCC and Crompton. Extremely poor salary, no bonus, no good practice to recognize people's performance, no reward for projects, no career progression possibility exists....

Advice to Senior ManagementReview available compensations in the market for similar jobs, need to learn to think internationally and not only Middlebury, CT based. Top management never seem to care about lower level employees.

Wait till it's sold before you come to work here...

Business Analyst (Current Employee) West Hartford, CT

ProsThe only good thing about working for Chemtura is the hope it will be sold soon and life can be restored to the better days which were "pre-Crompton". If I didn't like the business I work for and the people in it, I would be gone already.

ConsThe corporate office is milking the other profitable parts of the business dry and forcing them to make poor decisions to satisfy current quarter deficits. These decisions will impact the future of these businesses, but they don't care much about that.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to sell, get busy doing it fast. Take your money and run.

Worked for Chemtura? Contribute to the Community!