Chenega Corporation

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles W. Totemoff

Love my job. Challenging and yes stress at times, but love it! Here to stay!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Anchorage, AK

ProsI can honestly say, if my co-workers and management team stays, i will be here for the long haul! They encourage to balance work with family. Generous time off. No drama where i am. And i feel appreciated all the time, regardles of how big or small the task is. Benefits are fat.

ConsCommunication and workflow within the corporation as a whole. Not with my direct coworkers, but one department with another. In my opinion, it really isnt the company itself, but the employees therein, on every level.

Advice to Senior ManagementYearly reviews. Doesnt have to be all numbered and dotting the "i"'s, but rather a specific time set aside to discuss how you are doing. Getting feeback and giving. And of course the possibilty of a raise.

Chenega is a great place to work!

ProsThe teamwork is amazing, even across 6 time zones. There's always something new to learn in the government contracting environment. Excellent guidance from superiors. Generous time off and some jobs can work offsite from the office!

ConsNone that I can think of.

Great company with alot of potential

ProsI've been with Chenega for awhile and i've seen the company change quite a bit during that time. I truly believe the company cares about its employees and strives to make it a better place. The management team provides positive feedback and is always looking at employees for new growth and new positions. I think the open door policy with management helps nurture the culture that has developed within the company.

I think the benefits provided by the company - vacation, health benefits, etc are top notch. They also provide numerous training opportunities and not only encourage personal growth but also professional growth.

ConsFrom what i've seen, the pay is one of the biggest challenges. It's common in the marketplace to receive annual reviews and I don't see that happening here, even though our competitors are doing it. I think this is something that should be looked at by the management team, because I feel some people are leaving for this reason.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not your parents' small business.

ProsSkilled support staff, spot on training and on-boarding. Maintains excellent business model designed to leverage small business status while providing large business depth and experience. Opportunities abound for growth, professional development and advancement. Monthly team building initiatives recognizing excellence, birthdays and anniversaries fosters a wholesome family style atmosphere.

ConsCompensation package is average.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo continue to retain high quality personnel and address concerns with high turn-over, consider rewarding longevity through increased compensation benefits and pay.

Disappointing Employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople that I worked with were great.. Internal management support was great!

ConsSalaries are not good. Unless you are connected within you will not get promoted or receive raises. External management would always add extra processes that did not but justify them having a job and there is no communication down to the Subsidiary level. Would not recommend this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at people for their potential not how they are connected within the friends of higher ups. Compensate the employees that keep that company going.

Steady work under govt contract

AFOS (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits health dental eye.

ConsOne 2% pay raise in four years.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on truckin

chenega

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsCompany treats their employees well

Conslack of information on contract renewal status

Great Place to Progress a Career!

ProsGreat leadership. Amazing benefits. Great opportunities.

ConsAs with any job,there are little cons here and there. None specific.

PoDdonor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsCannot think of one reason to work for this company.

ConsPoor, poor management with no respect for employees. Management is incompetent.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your hiring practices and remove poor management from the top.

My experience at Chenega

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsPretty good benefits. Flexible schedule. Good pay for some, not so for others.

ConsJob shop: If they lose funding for the task your working on...you're history. Recently cut all of their benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't have enough respect for your employees. You should do a better job finding other work for employees when the company loses contracts.

Worked for Chenega Corporation? Contribute to the Community!