Cherry Bekaert

www.cbh.com

Cherry Bekaert Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Cherry Bekaert – Brooklyn – “Conference room”

Cherry Bekaert Firm Managing Partner Howard J. Kies

Howard J. Kies

Pros
  • PTO in line with big 4 (except they lump sick days in with PTO so not quite the same)(in 8 reviews)

• learning experiences, wide variety of clients, great partner base, knowledgeable professionals, respect of work/life balance(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • In the audit department there are less than 5 people left from last busy season below partner(in 8 reviews)

• There is no prestige working here - you are better off paying your dues at Big 4 and at least getting name brand recognition on your resume(in 6 reviews)

Staff

Staff (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Company and people. Not as many hours as big 4.

ConsNot much exposure to public companies.

Best place to work

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsFlexible hours. Great partners. Friendly, professional environment.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a thing.

Amazing! You are not a number, you are a person.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYour supervisors care about you and they teach you personally. It’s a firm were management treats personal development as an investment - they treat you well and they teach you well because they want you to stay. The Paid Time Off (PTO) policy is great - I have about 21 days off a per year. The firm is growing fast, so you have the opportunity to grow with them. At the end of the day, do you want to be at a big four and be nobody? Or do you want to be at a strong growing firm like Cherry Bekaert and have the potential to be something bigger than yourself?

ConsBusy season can have its long hours, but that is why you get paid well and have great benefits. The industry is like this, you will find long days everywhere else. During busy season they will cater food and have lots of events and happy hours to ease the stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you guys are doing, it’s working great. Continue to grow and get Cherry Beakert’s name out there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People!

ProsThe people are Cherry Bekaert are the best part of working there! Smart, friendly and young! Leadership understands people are at the core of business success.

ConsGrowing fast and therefore lots of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue treating your people well. Tie initiatives back to mission and vision more clearly.

Great Experience

Tax Intern (Former Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsThey really tried to show the interns the benefits of CB's work life balance. Intern project was a great experience. All the associates were great with helping us out with any issues that arose (assignments, general software issues).

ConsSummer was a really slow time to work. Not much going on, and didnt get to see what busy season is like, but that's what I signed up for. That is a really minor complaint, and its all I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe consider opening up the hiring window for Tax to something besides start dates every January? There is a lot of potential to lose good full-time candidates if you cant forecast that far out.

Awesome people, great firm

Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsKind, helpful, caring people. Lovely firm culture. Good mix of pro bono work, company events, work. Really enjoyed my time here

ConsHr was unorganized when I began, but seemed to improve as I was there. Could develop better orientation programs

Outstanding!

Accountant (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsEntrpreneurial environment and engaging clients. Not the meat-grinder my former Big 4 employer was. A nice place to work.

ConsNone. I had a blast!

great place to start a career

Proslearning experiences, wide variety of clients, great partner base, knowledgeable professionals, respect of work/life balance

Conscompensation a bit low for the amount of time and effort spent, inadequate bonuses

Great place to grow your career!

ProsStrong client base and market presence
    Friendly and caring culture
    Opportunites to advance and grow
    Solid strategic vision and plan for the future
    Focus on growth

ConsOverall communication needs to improve

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure strong alignment of shared values amongst firm leadership

Nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsI really like a lot of people I work with, both in my office and with people in other offices. Most people are really nice.

Most people really care about doing a good job for the clients.

PTO is pretty good, especially compared to my friends.

ConsSometimes you have to work long hours around deadlines, but that is part of the industry.

Worked for Cherry Bekaert? Contribute to the Community!