Cherry Bekaert Reviews

Reset

1. Best place to work

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Great partners. Friendly, professional environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing.

Awesome Place!

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with great people in ideal industies.

Cons

Not the greatest benefits offered.

3. Good company

Current Employee - Auditor in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Auditor in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good atmosphere, with plenty of great people to help you grow

Cons

Alot of travel and alot of work to be completed in a short period of time.

Lousy Top Level Management

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonably nice office space and free parking. Decent snacks and dress code policy. In addition, the leave and holiday policy were acceptable.

Cons

The leadership in developing a presence in the Washington area was weak. The pay was poor and they found excuses not to compensate performers. The hours were long and management showed no appreciation for the extra hours. There was little to no technical support and people left in droves. They have a diffucult time recruiting or developing talent. As a result, the staffing is inadequate and the pressure placed on those who stay in unbearable. They seem to continually try to do more with less to increase the bottom line. There is virtually no emphasis on quality control and the utilization and realization goals are unobtainable given the circumstances.

Horrible place to be

Current Employee - Litigation Support in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Litigation Support in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office location, and independence on projects

Cons

There is no formal training process, no one in the department gets along, you work crazy hours, it feels like high school b/c of the "mean girls" in the department, and favoritism is known. It is a very challenging place to work. The entire staff/assistants are looking for jobs elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Look into a change of management in your Coral Gables Litigation Support department. It's a hostile work environment where hazing is prevalent and encouraged by senior partners in the office.

7. Amazing! You are not a number, you are a person.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your supervisors care about you and they teach you personally. It’s a firm were management treats personal development as an investment - they treat you well and they teach you well because they want you to stay. The Paid Time Off (PTO) policy is great - I have about 21 days off a per year. The firm is growing fast, so you have the opportunity to grow with them. At the end of the day, do you want to be at a big four and be nobody? Or do you want to be at a strong growing firm like Cherry Bekaert and have the potential to be something bigger than yourself?

Cons

Busy season can have its long hours, but that is why you get paid well and have great benefits. The industry is like this, you will find long days everywhere else. During busy season they will cater food and have lots of events and happy hours to ease the stress.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing, it’s working great. Continue to grow and get Cherry Beakert’s name out there.

Nice Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, pto, very little pros

Cons

Low pay, micromanagers, no training, partners who do not perform

Advice to Management

pay market rate

Great People!

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are Cherry Bekaert are the best part of working there! Smart, friendly and young! Leadership understands people are at the core of business success.

Cons

Growing fast and therefore lots of change.

Advice to Management

Continue treating your people well. Tie initiatives back to mission and vision more clearly.

Learned a lot, but not without significant sacrifice.

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like the title explains, I learned a lot here. I was part of a smaller firm acquired, and because of that, I worked on more jobs with more significant issues than I had prior that increased my knowledge substantially. The pay is pretty decent considering you are not putting in the hours of a Big 4. Because of Cherry Bekaert, I now work somewhere awesome ;).

Cons

If you have a family, do not expect to spend a lot of time with them. Do not even think to have kids. While there is a busy season with a policy of 55 required hours, be ready to work a lot more than that if you want to get promoted and you will also have these same 50+ hour weeks at multiple times of the year because they are short staffed and it is cheaper to work employees harder than to hire new staff. Know that all Senior Management cares about is hours. When putting in said hours, make sure that you are seen by people because if you get these hours before people get to work early in the morning or when you get home late at night, people will assume that you are lazy because they physically do not see you on location. Cherry Bekeart's "rapid growth" is from acquisition not because people want to work there. If you are at CB because you were acquired, just quit now because you will be labeled as "not as proficient" as those that are at the same level and already at CB. Senior Management thinks that Cherry Bekaert is hot stuff, but ask anyone in accounting anywhere and they will say they've never heard of that firm. If you're doing public accounting for your resume, just suffer the two years at a Big 4 where at least you'll get name recognition. Aside: Surely people reading these reviews know that many of the 5 star anonymous reviews are fake and from HR.

Advice to Management

You probably shouldn't have spent millions in rebranding when you have an under appreciated work force. Treat your people better. While hours is important in the industry be a little warmer to employees instead of hammering down policies.

11. Awesome people, great firm

Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kind, helpful, caring people. Lovely firm culture. Good mix of pro bono work, company events, work. Really enjoyed my time here

Cons

Hr was unorganized when I began, but seemed to improve as I was there. Could develop better orientation programs

RSS Feed </> Embed