Cherry Bekaert Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Amazing! You are not a number, you are a person.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your supervisors care about you and they teach you personally. It’s a firm were management treats personal development as an investment - they treat you well and they teach you well because they want you to stay. The Paid Time Off (PTO) policy is great - I have about 21 days off a per year. The firm is growing fast, so you have the opportunity to grow with them. At the end of the day, do you want to be at a big four and be nobody? Or do you want to be at a strong growing firm like Cherry Bekaert and have the potential to be something bigger than yourself?

Cons

Busy season can have its long hours, but that is why you get paid well and have great benefits. The industry is like this, you will find long days everywhere else. During busy season they will cater food and have lots of events and happy hours to ease the stress.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing, it’s working great. Continue to grow and get Cherry Beakert’s name out there.

Nice Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, pto, very little pros

Cons

Low pay, micromanagers, no training, partners who do not perform

Advice to Management

pay market rate

Great People!

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are Cherry Bekaert are the best part of working there! Smart, friendly and young! Leadership understands people are at the core of business success.

Cons

Growing fast and therefore lots of change.

Advice to Management

Continue treating your people well. Tie initiatives back to mission and vision more clearly.

Learned a lot, but not without significant sacrifice.

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like the title explains, I learned a lot here. I was part of a smaller firm acquired, and because of that, I worked on more jobs with more significant issues than I had prior that increased my knowledge substantially. The pay is pretty decent considering you are not putting in the hours of a Big 4. Because of Cherry Bekaert, I now work somewhere awesome ;).

Cons

If you have a family, do not expect to spend a lot of time with them. Do not even think to have kids. While there is a busy season with a policy of 55 required hours, be ready to work a lot more than that if you want to get promoted and you will also have these same 50+ hour weeks at multiple times of the year because they are short staffed and it is cheaper to work employees harder than to hire new staff. Know that all Senior Management cares about is hours. When putting in said hours, make sure that you are seen by people because if you get these hours before people get to work early in the morning or when you get home late at night, people will assume that you are lazy because they physically do not see you on location. Cherry Bekeart's "rapid growth" is from acquisition not because people want to work there. If you are at CB because you were acquired, just quit now because you will be labeled as "not as proficient" as those that are at the same level and already at CB. Senior Management thinks that Cherry Bekaert is hot stuff, but ask anyone in accounting anywhere and they will say they've never heard of that firm. If you're doing public accounting for your resume, just suffer the two years at a Big 4 where at least you'll get name recognition. Aside: Surely people reading these reviews know that many of the 5 star anonymous reviews are fake and from HR.

Advice to Management

You probably shouldn't have spent millions in rebranding when you have an under appreciated work force. Treat your people better. While hours is important in the industry be a little warmer to employees instead of hammering down policies.

6. Awesome people, great firm

Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kind, helpful, caring people. Lovely firm culture. Good mix of pro bono work, company events, work. Really enjoyed my time here

Cons

Hr was unorganized when I began, but seemed to improve as I was there. Could develop better orientation programs

Sky's the limit

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and welcoming environment. You are able to push yourself as hard and in any direction you want and you are actually rewarded for it! The partners listen to you and if you give 110% they trust you to do your thing. Good flexible working arrangements, family friendly culture. Good PTO.

Cons

Needs a little more structure in the training and on boarding. Comp is a little weak. Bonus program needs to be more on board with the industry standard. Managers should get offices. Nix the free sodas.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people and you'll go from good to great.

8. Good experience

Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cherry Bekaert part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning opportunities for interns.

Cons

It can be overwhelming at first, but everyone is really nice.

9. Lack of good organization

Former Employee - Tax Associate
    Former Employee - Tax Associate

I worked at Cherry Bekaert full-time

Pros

I worked with some really nice people. Great firm sponsored social events. Compensation is competitive with other firms in the area.

Cons

Tax department is really weak and disorganized. Senior Managers could improve on their scheduling and communication skills. Sometimes it feels like everyone is out for themselves. Also, employees seem very cliquish at times.

Advice to Management

Communicate more and make sure directions to employees are consistent to minimize confusion

10. Learned a lot, great place to begin a career.

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert

Pros

Open door policy, Partners and senior managers are extremely approachable and not intimidating at all.

Cons

For amount of hours worked, salary could be a little more competitive.

11. mclean office - boring - blah - mediocre

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good admin work, free snacks, sodas, sometimes lunch, free parking

Cons

there is no light switch if you stay pass 6 pm, you will be working in the dark unless some one is walking through the motion censor, human resource function is so so, mediocre managers not super smart, seniors are nice

Advice to Management

open your heart and expand your mind

RSS Feed </> Embed