Cherry Bekaert Reviews

Reset

1. Nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

I really like a lot of people I work with, both in my office and with people in other offices. Most people are really nice. Most people really care about doing a good job for the clients. PTO is pretty good, especially compared to my friends.

Cons

Sometimes you have to work long hours around deadlines, but that is part of the industry.

Good networking opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Pros

Competent staff and senior level employees

Cons

Management fails to achieve certifications that are demanded of staff.

An Audit Firm - You Know What You Are Getting Into

Former Employee - Auditor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Auditor in Raleigh, NC

Pros

There is a great variety of clients in this office. SEC, Public, Private, Government, NFP, Retirement Plan Audits, etc. The bread and butter of the office is its governmental clientele.

Cons

As with all public accounting firms, you will owe you waking hours to the company. CBH is wonderful compared to other audit firm hourly requirements, however the work life balance is still skewed toward more work and less life. Also you will be traveling to the middle of nowhere on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Keep making that money. As far as external audit forms go Cherry is better than most. Keep the free sodas coming and pay for more lunches.

Great Co-workers make workplace bearable

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Talented partner group (Atlanta office) Complimentary drinks, snacks, meals, social gatherings Exposure to various clients and industries Co-workers and office environment

Cons

Work-life balance (typical of industry) Not enough SEC clients Compensation is slightly below average IT technology seems to lag behind larger firms with better resources

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the talent that you have at the firm, continue to gravitate towards bigger clients when possible.

Lots of potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of room for growth Good variety of experience in different industries. 5-10% less hours than Big 4. Lead partners are talented and listen.

Cons

Bad firmwide communication with some bigger recent changes. Some growing pains and some outside hires still trying to fit in.

Advice to Management

Communicate better. Most of us pefer to hear bigger news some other way than via the grapevine which may or may not be true.

7. CBH

Current Employee - CBH in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - CBH in Greenville, SC

Pros

Fair amount of work life balance.

Cons

Limited career progression in smaller office

Advice to Management

Increase pay compared to other firms.

8. review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

People are great. nice facilities

Cons

direction not clear on where things are going

Advice to Management

concentrate on internal growth. most merger's have been failures. re-evaluate your due-diligence process

Don't work here, do not become a client!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Free snacks, soda and coffee and free parking!

Cons

They treat their employees unfairly and there is no rewards or incentives for doing a great job and working hard! They spend more money on stupid crap then giving employees raises. The amount of expenses these partners expense to the company each year is double my salary and that's just one person. They will spend more money on insignificant things that mean nothing but it takes an employee two years with great reviews and hard work to get a raise. It was an amazing 10 cents. Yes, 10 cents!!!! No bonuses for anyone except for "professional staff". Aren't we all professional staff? Admin and marketing work harder than most and they get nothing! No team work except in the admin department and most will throw you under the bus or push the blame off to someone else in a minute if a mistake is made.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the employees they have left. Their dropping like flies. Hello, has anyone noticed????

CBH is falling apart :(

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Tampa, FL

Pros

There are free soda and snacks Happy hours with staff If there is a partner or senior manager that likes you, there is the opportunity to learn and grow with the firm

Cons

CBH used to be a wonderful firm to work for. However, about 2 years ago, it started to fall apart. The overall firm has this "Grow or Die" attitude, which is fine, but it should be "grow with the right fit" rather than "grow with whoever is willing to merge with us." The company has merged with firms that have entirely different cultures and service entirely different industries. The firm used to distinguish itself from the Big 4. Now, the partners keeping on telling us how we need to be more like the Big 4. The office morale is just terrible. I feel bad during college recruiting when we have to pretend how great of a place it is to work.

Advice to Management

Have more focus on making your employees happy rather than simply growing and obtaining clients with large fees. Distinguish yourself from the Big 4; stop trying to be like them.

Told of Glassdoor by colleague - CBH Raleigh - A poor place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

The people at Cherry, Bekaert & Holland are very friendly. The new office is very nice and the parking is free. They try to have "events" to help failing morale, however, it really is a waste of our time.

Cons

As my co-worker stated, CBH in Raleigh really isn't a place that you would recommend to anybody to work, unless you don't value your career and just want a paycheck. There have been many bad decisions over the past few months and we are all beginning to feel the strain. The environment here is pretty toxic. The office is strewn with nepotism, the only people able to fit in are the ones who have some sort of outside relationship with another member of the staff in one way or another. I concur with the "Clickish" environment. The only people truly accepted here are the ones who either are blood relatives of staff members, or have some other sort of connection. The people who are "in" are allowed to get away with anything they want, while the others are not as fortunate. Many of my co-workers are already considering greener pastures and as soon as this economy picks up, this place will be a ghost town. To be honest, I think that CBH could care less, however, as they seem to go through employees (especially newer ones) like they go through trash bags. I've spoken to many of the staff in other offices and they tend to feel the same way about CBH, especially this office. I regret signing here, and as soon as I secure another job, I will gladly walk away from here. It's too bad, I thought this was going to be a great place to work.

Advice to Management

You need to value ALL employees the same, not play favorites. I thought this was supposed to be a professional environment ?

RSS Feed </> Embed