Chesterfield County, Virginia

CEO

Family oriented environment

Current Employee - Public Safety in Chesterfield, VA
    Current Employee - Public Safety in Chesterfield, VA

I have been working at Chesterfield County, Virginia full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Chesterfield County provides employees with all the resources needed to complete their tasks.
    The County strives to uphold it's commitment to their employees and their families.

Cons

Chesterfield lags behind in pay. The County's starting salaries are very competitive but salary compression and competitiveness quickly falls behind those of surrounding municipalities.

Great at first, but downhill from there.

I worked at Chesterfield County, Virginia

Pros

They do have training programs that help with customer relations. Your fellow co-workers are supportive.

Cons

The upper management and supervisors could care less about you. They really only care about how much paper you can push out, and the clientele.

Have just as much compassion for your employees as you want for the clientele. Please higher supervisors that want to help and not one that feel like you're putting them out for helping you.

its been fair .

Current Employee - Janitor in Chesterfield Court House, VA
    Current Employee - Janitor in Chesterfield Court House, VA

I have been working at Chesterfield County, Virginia part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

friends and co-workers that met.

Cons

not knowing want will happen next.

care more about worker.

Use to be a great place to work

I have been working at Chesterfield County, Virginia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have insurance albeit not very good anymore.

Cons

It is incredible hard to get a promotion. You have to be one of the elite to be considered. Too many executives that are extremely snobby.

Recognize the little guys rather than creating executive positions !!

Library Page

Former Employee - Library Page in Midlothian, VA
    Former Employee - Library Page in Midlothian, VA

I worked at Chesterfield County, Virginia part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and job security

Cons

Coworkers in the higher library positions treated me like a bottom feeder. They acted as if their job was more important and I was never included in their chat sessions and small talk (not that I wanted to be.) Even though they spend majority of their time chit chatting with one another and visitors, they would give me the evil eye if I'd even stop for a moment to have a small conversation with a visitor.

Also the job is extremely physical! If you have bad knees, this isn't the job for you. I spend most of my shift crawling on my knees as I put the children's books away, even though there are much younger high school volunteers to do the work.

Let the coworkers know how important pages are and that they deserve equal respect. Assign a children's cart to all high school volunteers to give the older page's knees a rest. Have tasks vary for every shift. Not only is it boring but it's physically demanding to spend an entire shift scooting from shelf to shelf on my knees.

Beautiful area to live

I have been working at Chesterfield County, Virginia

Pros

Wonderful area to live. Salary is very good. Nice work environment.

Cons

Management is currently struggling to make decisions of any type in the current political climate. Not a lot of mentoring taking place.

Mentor your current employees.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Chesterfield County, Virginia

Pros

great atmosphere of caring. super benefits. nice people. flexible scheduling. high growth with lots of opportunities to advance.

Cons

tight budgets result in adequate pay. some leaders are better than others resulting in good departments to work for and poor departments to work for.

Get some ethics training. Don't assume you know what "the people" on the front lines are thinking and feeling. you don't.

It's a decent part time job; however theirs no benefits and limited growth potential.

Current Employee - Senior Automation Technician
    Current Employee - Senior Automation Technician

I have been working at Chesterfield County, Virginia

Pros

Hours are flexible. Management post schedules from anywhere from one month to several moths in advance, and accommodates staff for any time off or if scheduling needs to be changed. If you live in the Chesterfield area commute time is short.

Cons

Lack of promotion and advandement opportunities. Most positions are part time limited to twenty hours per week with no benefits ( medical, dental, health, sick pay, holiday paid, nor vacation.

Excellent Supervisor. Mentoring was outstanding and resulted in several promotions

I have been working at Chesterfield County, Virginia

Pros

Job Security and benefits were great

Cons

Senior Management not intune with frontline