Chet Holmes International

1. Great Company

Former Contractor - Business Consultant in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Business Consultant in Portland, OR

I worked at Chet Holmes International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company, great people, great mentoring. I learned as much as I taught my clients. Chet was the best inspiration a person could ask for.

Cons

Things fell apart when the founder passed away. Much of the pre-Internet material is obsolete. Update it.

Advice to Management

Stop changing direction. Go back to basics. Eat your own dog food. Get back to basics. You got your business thru Chet's speaking engagements. Hire a professional speaker (Bob C. would be a great one) to replace what Chet did.

Chet was a liar a fraud a cheat and a thief. He screwed over his employees and his customers

I worked at Chet Holmes International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There was some good information in the written material tha the stole from some very bright people.

Cons

An an employee you will be bullied, humiliated and cheated. You will be promised things that never come true.

Advice to Management

The company is a complete scam. Get out while your professional reputation is still intact. Chet at least was a clever hustler - he knew how to turn lies into money for HIS pocket. Now his clueless, untrained and inexperienced Valley Girl young daughter is running the scam and she doesn't know what she is doing. It would be sad if it wasn't so evil.

3. Initially, I was very happy.

I worked at Chet Holmes International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility, experience, leadership, creativity, growth

Cons

Leadership became untrustworthy and the company structure instable.

Advice to Management

consistent best business practices

5. You will get recognition from the big name, Tony Robbins, but that's it.

I worked at Chet Holmes International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity if you hustle and play along.

Cons

If you are looking for opportunity past that, then look elsewhere.

6. Great Training - Good People - Poor Support - Low Pay

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Chet Holmes International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training directly from Chet Holmes (Recorded before his death), Tony Robbins and from some of the senior managers was terrific. The resources available for self-directed learning were pretty strong as well. The managers seemed to care about you as a person ONCE you pass the initial performance tests. I was commission-based and worked from home, which was a bonus for me. I was also a top-performer for the 6 months I was there. There were upgrade bonuses for clients who paid for advanced courses. I liked the job, I liked what I was selling, and I liked the way I sold it. I like how they are looking for top-performers

Cons

I was commission-based, which I did not mind. I was also THE top-performer for the 6 months I was there (#1 in sales 4 months running, #2 the other two months, high closing %), but unless I hit the bonuses for first sale of the week, or 5 sales by Wednesday, I could never make enough money. 45 hours a week for $600-$750 less expenses put me in a position where I was always looking for other side work. Pretty soon the side work paid more, so I left. There is ZERO customer support - and customers call you because you are their only contact. Management simply did not respond to e-mail and voicemail messages. Until you jump through the performance test hoops, you did not exist. All instruction is by e-mail except for 1 30-minute session per week for Q&A. While there was supposed to be room for advancement, you almost have to go broke waiting for an advanced position to open up.

Advice to Management

Create a customer service position to customers and respond to your email. Less new-age philosophy sessions and more old-school cash and I would probably still be there. And don't recruit based on the bonuses for secondary products when those products don't sell anywhere near the percentages the recruiter states.

Unfortunately the company and new leadership has gone down hill

I have been working at Chet Holmes International full-time

Pros

When Chet Holmes was alive he kept this company in line. Provided top training to be the best in the industry and demanded it for the benefit of his clients. Former managers cared, pay was good, loyalty, opportunities.

Cons

As of lately, most of the top leaders that were brilliant have left due to the poor direction, strategy (lack of it) and leadership by CEO, Marc Pearl.

I agree with the other reviewer - Talking about any of this openly within the company you will get fired. So many have by speaking up of the poor direction.

It is sad Chet's legacy is dieing, he was brilliant but the new CEO doesn't care and does not get how to run this business or manage people.

Many others feel the same way, seems the only ones that agree with the CEO is the CEO and his new sidekick who is very low level and further deteriorating the organization.

Advice to Management

As other reviewer stated - No, I would not recommend this company to a friend. The company is losing much of its talent hopefully clients will not be hurt.
    The only hope is to get new leadership, and try again.

Business Breakthroughs International is NOT the same company since Chet Holmes died

I have been working at Chet Holmes International

Pros

In the past the company had forward thinking management, that focused on staff, client and product development, especially when Chet Holmes was alive.

Business Breakthrough International's former leadership team really cared about the clients and team members.

Cons

Since Chet Holmes passed away in August 2012, the company has lacked vision, focus, direction and communication from the senior management team most specifically late 2012 to present.

There is a significant lack of communication from Business Breakthroughs leadership team to the field.

The company has parted ways with many top leaders that were there to build the company with Chet and from what we hear, Business Breakthroughs International is not paying monies that were due to many of them.

I saw some complains about that on the board in the past so this is not surprising, and I am not counting on anything for when I leave.

Many of the top people who still remain in the company are leaving and/or working other part-time jobs as company volume, conversions and commissions have been down. If you are looking for many talented people that were well trained, you may want to consider looking at some BBI people.

Talking about any of this openly within the company would put a target on any employees back.

While I do not expect that I will remain with Business Breakthroughs International much longer, I truly hope that they turn things around so that the company becomes a legacy that Chet Holmes would have been proud of.

Also the current CEO of Business Breakthroughs is not the one named below which is why I checked no opinion. I very low regard for the current CEO (Mark), and from what I hear others feel the same way.

Advice to Management

Bring Tony Robbins Robbins Research International team in to take over the management of the company or fully turn it over to Tony so that Business Breakthroughs can continue to not only survive, but thrive.

Get more strategic in direction and focus. Company is lacking vision and focus.

Improve communication with Business Breakthrough Internationals employees.

9. Awesome learning from Chet Holmes

Former Employee - Client Service Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Client Service Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Chet Holmes International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning from Chet Holmes was awesome -one of the smartest men I knew

Cons

too much politics, managers would not let you move up since they made money off you

Advice to Management

Tony is too greedy and it was a great place to work prior to Tony, stop the politics reward the people paying your salary remember that you were in there shoes once

10. A unique opportunuty for true professionals

Current Employee - Check the Website, Tons of Jobs Available in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Check the Website, Tons of Jobs Available in Boston, MA

I have been working at Chet Holmes International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The training and support this company gives us is second to none. There is litterally no place you can not rise to if you are a talented pro. THe leadership cpnsists of all very successful people with a deep desire to help every client that entrusts with their need for help.

Cons

This is not a place for lightweights. Our clients expect the very best and that's what we strive to deliver, time after time.

Advice to Management

All upper managment is brilliant and always working to be even better. I am very proud to work for this company. I feel we are truly makng a difference in the lives of our cliets.

Been on board a while now and love it. HIGH GROWTH POTENTIAL!

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Chet Holmes International as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, with outstanding products and services and limitless opportunities for those willing to work hard. Performance based compensation is at least a part of nearly every position, giving one the chance to earn more by producing more.

Cons

Working for any virtual company denies you the ability to "share at the water cooler". For people who depend on that sort of environment (not me---mostly a waste of time, in my opinion) it's not for them.

Advice to Management

With the way the company has grown since I've been here, I believe the CEO needs a President to interface with the division heads on a regular basis and free up the CEO to make higher level strategic decisions, etc.