Cheyenne Regional Medical Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cheyenne Regional Medical Center CEO Dr. John Lucas

Dr. John Lucas

One of the better hospitals to work for in Wyoming

Rpiratory Therapist (Former Employee) Cheyenne, WY

ProsThey treat their employees well here and offer fair benefits. They keep their staff so you will be working with the best here. Many employees have been here 20+ years so there is excellent patient care. They are a regional hospital so all types of patients and illnesses come here leading to a fun and challenging environment.

ConsThis hospital has been doing through lots of financial change and stress due to the new health care act. The health insurance is not competitive with like facilities in the surrounding area.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your benefits package to retain employees.

Fantastic potential, poor utilization.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cheyenne, WY

Pros(That I've worked with) Some very good people dedicated to patient care. Some very good unsung heroes that provide other patient services and/or organizational services. (Telecom, Charity Care PFS, Security, EVS just to name a few)

ConsConstant change without apparent direction. Ever new and revolving duties. Lack of support. Mis utilization of staff and waisting human talent. Department Management qualified "on paper" lacking skills, communication ,foresight and insight.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour front line staff (clinical AND non clinical) are your best source for identifying day to day operations problems and solutions. But do not make the mistake of expecting them to come to you. They are too busy, too stressed, and too fearful.

Good way to get feet wet in the Hospital environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cheyenne, WY

ProsDepartment management, helpful co-workers, flexible scheduling

ConsUnstable upper management, small pay raises, grumpy nurses

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sorely Disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cheyenne, WY

ProsMany opportunities for learning, plenty of open positions.

ConsNegativity, gossip and discontentment among long-term employees. Loss of good talent and high turnover stemming from poor acceptance by long-term employees of newer employees, ever constant game playing, pot stirring, placing the newbie at butt of jokes, belittling newer employees, labeling newer employees as hostile and unsociable when it is the long term employees which are hostile, antagonistic and unsociable. Afraid to turn back due to daily back stabbing. Do not want to get very chummy with this group, since they use all information against the newer employee. The pay is okay and the PTO is subpar. Since it is a county hospital, there should also be the same amount of county time off during holidays, but this organizaton only allots six. A great divide between Epic personnel and hospital personnel due to poorly thought out implementation and jealousy of pay by hospital employees of Epic employees. Three ring circus atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the older employees do not want to get along, let them go. This behavior should not be occurring in a hospital. It is dangerous and harmful to the patient. The CEO is temporary, since Lucas retired after a substantial shake up of upper management. Margo is a fine CEO, but have not really seen a commitment, since she is not permanent. It is status quo at this facility until the final hiring decision is to be made, but will the next person be able to strong arm the already established tryanny?

Disappointing Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, benefits and opportunity. Many smart, hard-working, and dedicated employees who do the right thing.

ConsNegativity, gossip and discontent among long-term employees. Loss of good talent and high turnover steming from poor acceptance of WY natives to those from outside the state.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistent and positive culture starts at the top. Lead by example. Walk the talk. Don't just create an inviting, growing, and positive culture, but encourage it.

Many patients "would rather die than go to CRMC again".

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cheyenne, WY

ProsGetting to work with the patients.

ConsVery poor management. I worked there for a couple of years and management fires good employees because they don't like them rather than basing decisions on actual work related reasons. I have seen good employees "black-balled" from other positions in the hospital because their boss want to keep them where they are. Bad management keeps bad employees and encourages mistreatment of the good employees - until they fire them for speaking up.

The title of my review was a direct quote made to me by several patients and family members of same.

Advice to Senior ManagementGain some maturity, professionalism, respect and ethics. You are there to help the patients, not use employees as puppets.

Good mid-management/ Bizarre Senior Management

Management (Former Employee)

ProsNice people on the floors, decent facility

ConsSenior management lives out of state (CEO lives in New Mexico/ other VPs live in Colorado) and has a poor opinion of Wyoming and her residents. Very unstable environment with HR demoting/firing people seemingly at random. Many people have either left or been let go over the last year, and these were often the managers who expressed concerns about how things were going in the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave. Let people who care about the community actually take over.

Was great at one time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cheyenne, WY

ProsThey pay well to get people to stay.

ConsPoor benefits
    Poor senior management
    Firings and layoff common
    Senior leaders don't care about line employees

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of senior management needs to be replaced

CRMC has opened many doors for me and is a wonderful place to grow a career.

ProsPartnership with Studer Group reinforces the value of accountability and behavior standards. This organization is growing to meet the needs of the community and region. It is investing in staff and future. New construction and EHR (Epic), the organization is in the midst of transformational change for the good of all stakeholders. It supports continual learning with an excellent tuition reimbursement plan.

ConsThere are some lingering perceptions within the community that the care is somehow substandard. Infact, this organization has excellent nurses and physicians.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in TrueCare. Continue to hardwire best practices and stand stedfast behind the strategic decisions you've made to move the organization forward.

Turnover at CRMC is off the chart.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cheyenne, WY

ProsThere really isn't any "Pros". Only public hospital in Cheyenne. The other one is a VA hospital. It was very good at one time. Going downhill fast.

ConsVery high turnover. Some departments have first year turnover over 75%. Firing at well. Almost the whole nursing leadership staff has been replaced twice in two years.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO is likely a good man, but has let the COO do anything he wants. Management pushes TrueCare but doesn't live.

Worked for Cheyenne Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!