Chicago Board Options Exchange

Chicago Board Options Exchange Chairman and CEO Bill Brodsky

Bill Brodsky

Summer Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou are teamed up with a department and are able to learn the ins and outs. The people at the CBOE are amazing and helpful. Great experience in the Financial Industry

ConsNo cons. You also take classes through the options institute which can be challenging at times but you learn a lot and earn a certificate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great Operational Experience

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPredictable hours aside from pager duty. If you are pursuing an evening higher educational degree, this is a great place to work. The culture respects employees and offers tuition reimbursement with some restrictions.

ConsThere are no opportunities to telecommute. You have to be at the office every day. Moreover, it does not offer many promising career growth paths.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to provide more opportunities for promotion from within.

Great place to work

Investigator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCBOE has the ability to recognize your strengths and lets you achieve your full potenial while balancing work and family

ConsAt times the CBOE may take some time to make changes. But like most large firms change sometimes can take awhile

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Work-Life balance, No micromanaging, relaxed

Investigator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork Life Balance, Great co-workers, very laid back

Conssometimes to laid back, pay is slightly below market

Awesome place to learn and work

Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people work there. Everyone relaxed and chill. 40% foreign work staff.

ConsNo music in bathroom and can hear every noise made. Do not go to bathroom around lunch hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlay music in bathroom to drown out noises.

CBOE gave me the opportunity to be exposed to all facets of the financial services industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA solid company with an inordinate number of friendly and competent people. For such a large organization, CBOE is able to keep all employees "rowing" the same way.

ConsVery few downsides. Those few individuals who had their own agenda usually get weeded out.

Education, Marketing and Technology

Options Institute Support (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere is still great potential of company growth if the CBOE can promote itself for traders and investors. As long as equity volume doesn't drop dramatically, the CBOE should continue to grow.

ConsThere is too much focus on monthly exchange trading volume. There is not enough focus on trying to educate conservative investors about basic option strategies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying hard to educate basic investors about options

Investigator

ProsGreat learning opportunities if you are proactive and very helpful people throughout the organization.

ConsNot enough career growth potential

Solid company.

ProsGood benefits & compensation, favorable hours.

ConsSome weak middle management. and decision making.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employee concerns.

Love working at the CBOE

Q/A Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFor the most part...the people are great. You have the usual negative people but the positive and respectful employees outnumbers them by a wide margin.

ConsNot a lot of training...it's kinda learn as you go. That's not such a bad thing though.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of people who are lazy and complete a holes to to other team members.

Worked for Chicago Board Options Exchange? Contribute to the Community!