Chicago Marketing Reviews

Jacob Cline

Unbelievable Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with like-minded (entrepreneurial) individuals that understand how to truly develop entry level employees like myself. Hands on training and mentoring from day one was all I could ask for as a recent college graduate, new to the "real world" The open door policy that allows you to work with their management team has been an unreal opportunity. Last but not least, working with Fortune 100 clients is awesome within itself.

Cons

Requires a student mentality, motivation for success, and work ethic.

2. Solid entry level opportunity, kinda churn'n'burny though

I worked at Chicago Marketing full-time

Pros

Excellent consumer sales training
    Uncapped earnings
    free uniforms!!
    great opportunity for advancement
    chance to earn a turn-key business
    Guaranteed base salary that is not a draw and is not clawbacked from commissions

Cons

Holy hell the hours
    mandatory 1 hour unpiad lunch mid day
    unpaid travel time between office/store
    they are trying to sell you a turn key business
    Ultimately a Multi-level marketing scam but with a rigorous qualification process

Advice to Management

Don't assume the lack of growth in the office wasn't your fault

I Wake Up Everyday Excited About My Job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was unemployed for the last year and I have a ton of experience and could not get a real job offer.... I remember when I applied at Chicago Marketing not sure of what to expect. I spoke with their H.R Manager on the phone and she explained the Assistant Marketing Management Position I applied to as well as what Chicago Marketing was all about.

I assumed they only did sales but they work with government contracts, and over 8 different fortune 100 companies - they oversee all campaigns - brand promotions - product launches - and community outreach for these companies.

So the job was always different and there was always room for advancement which always helps get the bills paid.

Cons

There are not a lot of Cons here some of the employees are really competitive so it is a bit overwhelming at first but over all the environment is so nice here. It really is like a family. And I was given the answer for being over qualified and unemployed.

I am forever grateful for the opportunity you provided me with and I can not wait to be as great of a leader as our Owner Jacob Cline. I am blessed to say I have had a lot of great jobs but this is one of the only times I can say I have a great manager as well.

Advice to Management

Thank you for taking a shot on me. I can't wait for our paintball trip again next year I had so much fun.

Former Employer

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Chicago Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my job. I molded from one position to the next. Went from a rep to and Assistant Manager in a year. Some campaigns were based on customer service while others were based on sales. But as long as I had base pay I was cool. I'm good at sales that's what I do. But when I got the job I didn't know what to expect like most employees. However my run at Chicago Marketing was great as a College student, because of the skills that I could take with me through everyday life. I drove basically from southwest burbs, an hour to commute by the way. Management insisted enrolling me in their program for gas reimbursement. Pay was awesome, my trainer was funny and helpful, and the work environment was fun. I got to go to Dallas as a vacation and my bills were paid lol

Cons

MAN THIS JOB WILL PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE!!! My first day out campaigning was brutal and funny all at the same time. In training I watched the worst of the worst get cut down to size either because they were too cocky and horrible with sales, customer service, or couldn't do something as basic as ask "someone how their day was." Even though its not door to door or B2B, some people don't know how to approach strangers even if they were employed at Walgreens. Its for someone who is assertive and able to let go....Its sadly not for everybody.

Advice to Management

I did graduate school and could use another one of those.....free trips JACOB CLINE

GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH!

I have been working at Chicago Marketing

Pros

I've seen 4 managers get promoted since I started with the company 7 months ago and through hard work and dedication, I was promoted Team Lead myself. The team is very fun and professional and the managers really take the time to help us develop both personally and professionally.

Cons

The constant addition of responsibilities has at times been overwhelming but I prefer that over the mundane positions that I have held in the past.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being a unique company for me to start my career with. Between the hard work, fun outings and conferences we get to attend, I have seen myself grow into a leader I would want to follow any day. Can't wait to get promoted into Management!

Great Opportunity, Good People, Fun Environment

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They were really willing to take a chance on someone right out of college without a ton of experience. I started with the company right after graduation and was provided with everything that I needed to be successful. They showed me everything that I needed to know with great leadership skills. The best thing about working here was the ability to communicate with upper level management and the CEO. They are always willing to listen or schedule a time when they had it.

Cons

They are very transparent, they will always let you know where you stand in their eyes and shoot you strait.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep spreading the opportunities. You are only as strong as your weakest link, development of work ethic and attitude.

8. The Turnover rate is extremely high in this line of work.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Chicago Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and the atmosphere were pretty good.

Cons

-Viewing your co-workers as the "competition"
    -the training lasted for about 20 minutes
    -micro-managing new recruits
    -the hours
    -basically making minimum wage while working 6 days a week.
    -Just because someone gets promoted does not make them capable of training others

Advice to Management

When you look at your employees and evaluate their worth to you in a matter of weeks, I think you are giving yourself the short end of the stick.

A wonderful opportunity for recent graduates!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers full paid training - and the opportunity to cross-train into a Management position based on performance, rather than seniority. They offer great incentives, such as gas reimbursements and up to $200/month towards benefits.

Cons

Takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

Advice to Management

Don't ever give up the paid training!

A career with true growth

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I graduated from NIU with an MBA with a concentration in Marketing and immediately started looking for a good career. After running into a couple of dead end marketing positions with false promises I found Chicago Marketing. I met with Jacob, the manager and started shortly after. I have been with the company for 8 months now and am about to expand to Phoenix, AZ with one of the newest promotions to Manager. I have seen growth and work with an amazing team of fun professionals.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend working with Chicago Marketing if you are looking for a free ride or to get paid to sit around. It is a professional company with a team of motivated individuals who are dedicated to growth and advancement.

Advice to Management

Please continue to offer development opportunities those of us who are less experienced into the upper level positions, as it is the best thing that could have happened to me.

Amazing people to work with and great training!! I have really been able to learn a lot and there is potential to grow!!

I have been working at Chicago Marketing

Pros

Great people and great atmosphere!! I love how they have paid training! I really feel comfortable going to my boss to talk about how things are going! I am very hopeful that this is a place where I can grow!!

Cons

I can honestly say that I have no cons when it comes to this job! I am very blessed to have this job and work for a company that I truly believe in!

RSS Feed </> Embed