Chicago Retail Solutions

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jacob Cline

Low pay

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Prosshort hrs, get to work with people

Conslow pay, High turnover rate, dishonest with pay schedule and times

Advice to Senior Managementswitch to commission only if you want to be cheap.

Glorified Pyramid Scheme

Management Trainee (Former Employee)
    Oakbrook Ter, IL

Pros- Some of the sales training tips will actually make you a better salesman
    - Plenty of enthusiasm to go around
    - Will hire almost anybody

ConsLet me start off by saying that this is solely an in-store sales job. There are much more lucrative sales jobs available, ones with better leads, higher conversions, and significantly higher commissions.

- No value to you as an individual, you are just a means to their sales goals
    - No flexibility in teaching, you must do it by their system with their pitch lines
    - Lofty expectations defy the claims job requiring no sales experience
    - You will be given a heap of info during "training" and then verbally abused for not being able to recall it instantly in the future
    - Management has no issue lying to your face and pretending as if they are not
    - So much more
    - Long hours (50+ per week, 6 days a week)

It is a a pyramid scheme. You will be in stores to make sales. You get paid solely for your sales. The minimum wage portion is simply to meet legal requirements, as is the day off. Your managers get a large cut of your sales. Their manager gets a cut as well. If you do well enough, you'll be "promoted" to managing a team and then to running your own branch. If you do poorly, you'll be let go and the revolving door will let the next poor sap in line give it a whirl.

If you are desperate for a job, then consider this position. Otherwise, you can work a retail job and get the same experience with a more flexible schedule, and better treatment. If you are good at sales, this may be worth it for you, but as I said in my opening - better sales positions exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop glorifying the position, and also listing 5 different positions which amount to the same thing. I know you are hungry for good sales talent, but falsely telling people they are going to do all sorts of customer service work and develop marketing campaigns is misleading (at best). Call it a sales position. You'll get more sales people applying and thus have a better staff.

Also, pay people for the number of hours they work. One of your employees was complaining that they did not receive full pay on a week they didn't meet the sales goal. That's downright despicable.

Most importantly, treat your employees as individuals. You have 20 people. Get to know our names and personalities a bit more. It's easier to bust our butts for someone who clearly cares for us than for someone who can barely remember our names.

The way you conduct your business is working for you, so I understand why you have no desire to change. I'm sure the rollover is nice for you because you can continue to keep "entry" level employees. But realize that every poor hire you have goes into the field and costs you customers. There's failing to make a sale, and then there's failing to make a sale while creating a negative perception of the company (DirecTV or Vizio). The latter is what happens more often than it should.

Complete scam and setup

Sales (Current Employee)
    Oakbrook Terrace, IL

ProsYou get commission for every customer you sign up

ConsThey will hire anyone with a pulse. As long as you are willing to stand in a store and try to sell direct tv to customers. They post jobs with various different titles, but there is only ONE position. It is selling direct tv. They say there is a 4-6 month program where u can become a manager but they just keep u selling direct tv and promise you advancement that never comes. Your only day off is Wednesday.

Worked for Chicago Retail Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chicago Retail Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chicago Retail Solutions CEO Jacob Cline. All reviews posted anonymously by Chicago Retail Solutions employees.