Chicago School of Professional Psychology

CEO

Graduate Assistant

Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chicago School of Professional Psychology part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly staff and supportive environment

Cons

Repetitive work
    Limited Hours
    Work isn't very challenging

I don't recommend it

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees and the teachers are great to work with and really create a good learning environment.

Cons

Run like a for-profit. Business decisions are based on dollars, and nothing more. Employees are not valued at all, in fact most employees are treated as short-term workers. If you'd like to work here, you'd better believe in the mission, because management neither believes or behaves like they value their mission.

I don't care to share any because I have never seen any evidence that management listens to anyone but themselves. The administration is going to run this school into the ground.

Top Heavy Org.

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and working w/ the students.

Cons

You do not matter if you have "Staff" connected to your name. Years of service mean nothing to this institution--you will be tossed aside like yesterday's garbage.

Change the current administrative infrastructure!

Excellent school with progressive ideas and programs

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology

Pros

Comprehensive psychology programs with proven outcomes.

Cons

A lot of teaching os required with less emphasis on research. But, this is the model woth practitioner-scholars.

Look to what has worked in the past as changes are not always needed. Progression is good, but respect must be paid to the history of organizations.

Professional

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology part-time (more than an year)

Pros

A very professional company to work for.

Cons

Adjunct pay is problematic, but this is probably a wider issue than just this institution.

Excellent People

Pros

Great office, unique atmosphere, young and energetic, always growing. Gained some valuable experience. Fun location downtown at 7th and Grand. I would absolutely recommend for someone looking to get into higher education administration.

Cons

Parking downtown can be tough without a parking lot, or some sort of compensation. Not as much room for growth as I would have liked, but they do hire from within for certain positions.

Keep developing talent in house. Don't stop growing!

Great learning experience.

Former Employee - Financial Aid Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Aid Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The pay was good as a student worker.

Cons

Very little training provided from the start. You learn as you go.

Proper training would make better workers.

Keeping Up with The Who...

Former Employee - Former Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Chicago School of Professional Psychology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working here, you will encounter great people! There is great flexibility, time to mingle with co-workers and excellent time off.

Cons

Extremely poor communication on the upper management level. The agenda here is to act first and think about the consequences later. Do your research before ever considering to work here.

Very high turn over on every level. The average person only stays about 1.5 years or less. Some faculty has been here longer.

No real integration into the culture. All of the information received about the organization is outdated. And the morale is pretty much in the garbage.

Note: This is an extremely political place. I know some places can be. But beware and prepare if you ever consider wanting to work here. This is a great example of a bait and switch organization.

Stop hiring mediocre people and then a few months later, promote them to higher level positions. There are people in positions here that have no idea what it means to a true leader or innovator. TCSPP could flourish if they found a way to retain real talent and believe in their own mission and vision-not just the money.

No originality in this day and age...could have been one of the greatest but I see this school being taken over in the very near future.

Admissions Advisor

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work-life balance, flexibility, relatively low stress,

Cons

Sometimes it can be a "What have you done for me lately environment" although I think this is true of most admissions roles. I do like it better than working in for-profit. The admissions standards for students are fairly rigorous compared to for-profits which seems like everyone can get in

Remember to look at the year to date performance - not just last week's performance

My Chicago School Review

Current Employee - Professor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Professor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have truly enjoyed my time at the College. The students are extremely diverse and not only do I teach them but, I learn from them.

Cons

I feel like I can do more for the college and they are not allowing me to.

Increase the personal-growth and allow others to give advice so we can all grow as a team.

Chicago School of Professional Psychology Photos