Chicago School of Professional Psychology

3.5
CEO

Fantastic place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional development, competitive pay, team environment

Cons

no tenure is offered for faculty

Advice to Management

Offer some tenured positions for faculty please

The Chicago School Reviews

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed how close I currently am located to the chicago school. Despite it being in a great location, i was really able to excel in the programs.

Cons

I wish I would have chosen to attend TCSPP before spending so much money on an out of state private college during my first year of teaching going back and forth.

Advice to Management

I would suggest adding more programs in more obscure areas of psychology. This could be of interest to those creative types who are looking to enter the field.

3. Positive and innovative

Current Employee - Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Fair compensation for higher ed, plenty of professional development opportunities, friendly work environment, great benefits!

Cons

--Poor technology. Their IT team is solid but they need to have the funding to update and improve systems. --Disorganized reporting system. Need clearer departments and reporting structures.

Advice to Management

Prioritize better service to the students (improved technology, improved customer service--students want in person service). Improve relations between staff and faculty.

Faculty

Current Employee - Associate Professor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Professor in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I started out as an adjunct and moved to full time core faculty. The school has incredible benefits and pays substantially higher than other institutions.

Cons

Some faculty have been here for a long time and do not know what it really is like at other institutions. This place rocks!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Which is making a true impact in our communities.

6. Director of the Institute for Organizational Psychology

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology part-time

Pros

Freedom of Creativity, support from department manager, support from department chair, recognition from faculty, client-facing interactions, potential for publications

Cons

Bureaucratic policies outside of the department can be a bit stifling.

A challenging environment in mostly good ways striving to do the right things well

Current Employee - Faculty in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Faculty in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intellectual stimulation, sincere faculty, appreciative students, some flexibility, and a nice River North campus are the best parts of this organization. This organization strives to do right by all its stakeholders.

Cons

Too much bureaucracy combined with a lot of student needs and demanding curriculum make for a difficult and less than predictable workload at times.

Advice to Management

You are getting too top-heavy and creating pressure on the producers

Teaching Assistant

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant

Pros

Great part time job while completing program.

Cons

There is a lack of communication of duties and responsibilities prior to accepting the job.

Advice to Management

Communication and clarity of duties is not clear.

My Chicago School Review

Current Employee - Professor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Professor in Chicago, IL

Pros

I have truly enjoyed my time at the College. The students are extremely diverse and not only do I teach them but, I learn from them.

Cons

I feel like I can do more for the college and they are not allowing me to.

Advice to Management

Increase the personal-growth and allow others to give advice so we can all grow as a team.

Admissions Advisor

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good work-life balance, flexibility, relatively low stress,

Cons

Sometimes it can be a "What have you done for me lately environment" although I think this is true of most admissions roles. I do like it better than working in for-profit. The admissions standards for students are fairly rigorous compared to for-profits which seems like everyone can get in

Advice to Management

Remember to look at the year to date performance - not just last week's performance

Excellent People

I worked at Chicago School of Professional Psychology part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office, unique atmosphere, young and energetic, always growing. Gained some valuable experience. Fun location downtown at 7th and Grand. I would absolutely recommend for someone looking to get into higher education administration.

Cons

Parking downtown can be tough without a parking lot, or some sort of compensation. Not as much room for growth as I would have liked, but they do hire from within for certain positions.

Advice to Management

Keep developing talent in house. Don't stop growing!

RSS Feed </> Embed