Chicago Twenty Something

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014
3.1

CEO

Awesome earning potential and a great atmosphere!

I have been working at Chicago Twenty Something full-time

Pros

-You can make as much as money as you want as long as you put in the effort
    -Laid back, but competitive and fun work environment
    -Endless opportunities for growth
    - A lot of freedom to pursue your own ideas

Cons

-Job involves a lot of weekends, but even then it is fun and you get to hang out with friends and coworkers

Not What You Expect

Former Employee - Marketing Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chicago Twenty Something as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You get to drink for free, other than that there aren't many pros. I will say though if an internship is required for your school or something and you really don't care about it, this is the place for you.

Cons

It's totally a pyramid scheme. They want as many interns as possible so you can bring out your friends so they can get paid more by the bars. You also have to go out every Friday night to the same two places. They make you come into the office at least one day a week and you will do nothing but sit on your computer for 6 hours.

Consider making the internship program an actual learning experience. I understand that you want to make money and that's the main reason for the whole company and the interns, but if that's all you want then be straight forward about what the internship really entails.

Decent

I worked at Chicago Twenty Something

Pros

Nice people, relaxed work environment

Cons

Kind of a joke, head guy uses employees to market, compensating basically nothing

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great part-time job for a college student in Chicago

I worked at Chicago Twenty Something as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You are able to get deals and special access to Chicago's night life. They are a nice group of people who are fun and are flexible with schedules, which was nice. The only way to get paid as an intern was to try and get people to come out to different events that were being put on. Also very informal work apparel was the common trend.

Cons

Not much organization through out the experience. Would of liked to take on more responsibility. I found my self dazing at the computer for a long period of time.

Pay better, and some kind of training would he helpful.

Overworked Intern

I have been working at Chicago Twenty Something

Pros

drink deals on weekends, fun culture in office, casual dress, nice employees

Cons

you basically make all of the money for them and only get commission. interns do the same work as full-time employees with a base salary. the internship is basically a scam. all you do is get your friends to come & have no involvement with actually planning the event

Great company with unlimited earning potential if you are willing to put in the work.

Current Employee - Marketing Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago Twenty Something full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, laid back environment & opportunity to grow your own business. Unlike other some other jobs, this company offers a base salary to show that they are confident you will do well, as well as the full commission on top of that.

Cons

You have to work some weekends, but even then you get to network and find new potential business.

Great earning potential. Creating your own business within the business!"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago Twenty Something full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Phenomenal work environment. Everyone is very friendly and fun to work with.
    -Great opportunities to earn a lot of commission, if you are willing to use your own network
    -A lot of freedom to pursue what you think will make you successful within the company
    -Easy-going, yet competitive atmosphere
    -Huge earning potential if you work at it

Cons

-Must be at bars most weekends, but flex hours give you opportunity to take nights off

Great company to work for IF you have a good work ethic and are willing to utilize your network.

Current Employee - Full-Time
    Current Employee - Full-Time

I have been working at Chicago Twenty Something full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unbelievable earning potential, great corporate culture, laid back environment. This company gives you an opportunity to actually build up your own business and move up quickly...and unlike most companies that offer this they actually give you a salary as well. The salary, to me, means that they are investing in you.

Cons

Must work some weekends. Takes a few months to get the ball rolling and can be frustrating at first.

Not very professional

I worked at Chicago Twenty Something as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Nice employees, especially Freddy. Just not what I thought I was signing up for

Cons

If you are looking for a joke of an internship this is a good fit. The days are spent on facebook and being bored out of your mind. Then every weekend you have to go to an assigned bar downtown and try to convince all your friends to go.

Marketing Intern

I worked at Chicago Twenty Something as an intern for less than a year

Pros

it's kind of cool working with college kids who you are interning with but besides that there are no pros

Cons

The entire business is a pyramid scheme and I don;t understand how they haven't gotten in trouble for it yet. I first off thought I was going to be 1 of a couple interns for the summer like most other companies. It turns out that I was one of 80+ interns who act as their "workers" instead of hiring a real employee base. They make you go to the worst bars (Enclave or Bull and Bear) and try to have you drag your friends to them every weekend. You make $5 on every friend you bring with you or if they say your name at the door. Making your money off your friends is a bad way to make money. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone.

Change your business model

Worked for Chicago Twenty Something? Contribute to the Community!