Chicago Twenty Something

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Decent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people, relaxed work environment

ConsKind of a joke, head guy uses employees to market, compensating basically nothing

A great part-time job for a college student in Chicago

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou are able to get deals and special access to Chicago's night life. They are a nice group of people who are fun and are flexible with schedules, which was nice. The only way to get paid as an intern was to try and get people to come out to different events that were being put on. Also very informal work apparel was the common trend.

ConsNot much organization through out the experience. Would of liked to take on more responsibility. I found my self dazing at the computer for a long period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better, and some kind of training would he helpful.

Overworked Intern

Prosdrink deals on weekends, fun culture in office, casual dress, nice employees

Consyou basically make all of the money for them and only get commission. interns do the same work as full-time employees with a base salary. the internship is basically a scam. all you do is get your friends to come & have no involvement with actually planning the event

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with unlimited earning potential if you are willing to put in the work.

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsUnlimited earning potential, laid back environment & opportunity to grow your own business. Unlike other some other jobs, this company offers a base salary to show that they are confident you will do well, as well as the full commission on top of that.

ConsYou have to work some weekends, but even then you get to network and find new potential business.

Great earning potential. Creating your own business within the business!"

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros-Phenomenal work environment. Everyone is very friendly and fun to work with.
    -Great opportunities to earn a lot of commission, if you are willing to use your own network
    -A lot of freedom to pursue what you think will make you successful within the company
    -Easy-going, yet competitive atmosphere
    -Huge earning potential if you work at it

Cons-Must be at bars most weekends, but flex hours give you opportunity to take nights off

Great company to work for IF you have a good work ethic and are willing to utilize your network.

Full-Time (Current Employee)

ProsUnbelievable earning potential, great corporate culture, laid back environment. This company gives you an opportunity to actually build up your own business and move up quickly...and unlike most companies that offer this they actually give you a salary as well. The salary, to me, means that they are investing in you.

ConsMust work some weekends. Takes a few months to get the ball rolling and can be frustrating at first.

Not very professional

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNice employees, especially Freddy. Just not what I thought I was signing up for

ConsIf you are looking for a joke of an internship this is a good fit. The days are spent on facebook and being bored out of your mind. Then every weekend you have to go to an assigned bar downtown and try to convince all your friends to go.

Marketing Intern

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosit's kind of cool working with college kids who you are interning with but besides that there are no pros

ConsThe entire business is a pyramid scheme and I don;t understand how they haven't gotten in trouble for it yet. I first off thought I was going to be 1 of a couple interns for the summer like most other companies. It turns out that I was one of 80+ interns who act as their "workers" instead of hiring a real employee base. They make you go to the worst bars (Enclave or Bull and Bear) and try to have you drag your friends to them every weekend. You make $5 on every friend you bring with you or if they say your name at the door. Making your money off your friends is a bad way to make money. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your business model

past marketing intern

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)

Prosfun company to work for. you get to spend most weekends in Chicago and enjoy lots of drink deals. Great if you live in Chicago and know a lot of people to bring to events. you can always promote events and make commission off of them even when you are done interning for them.

Conscompensation is solely commission based and you get paid up to 7 dollars at most per person you bring out between a certain time in the night. the deals aren't always as good as they make them out to be.

Advice to Senior Managementthey're pretty straightforward about their compensation for an intern, no major complaints

Over-stated job titles... Fun, but don't count on a future or useful training/

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) North Chicago, IL

Pros-A ton of fun for a college student who doesn't mind blowing out their facebook friends list with invites 3-4 times a week.

-Gets you into some pretty cool bars for extremely cheap

- Fairly upfront about pay schedule

- "Interns" is not a fair title, it just happens to fit because employee turnover seems to be about 3-4 months

Cons-As stated in other reviews, the company uses great sounding titles to lure college students into applying. The "second" interview is merely getting as many people to a bar for one night.

- No real training or career advancement. When they say marketing, they mean advertising.

- To keep income flowing, you must bring a lot of people to specific bars each night. The Bars use these promo companies to fill them on off nights. It's not "bring your friends to the hottest bar in Chicago on the best night" it's "Beg your friends to come to a bar that's struggling on a certain night."

- Uses pyramid scheme techniques, (If you get one of your friends to bring people, they get paid, and you get a cut of what they make)

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at what you're actually offering to "Interns"

Worked for Chicago Twenty Something? Contribute to the Community!