Pros – - Good, friendly co-workers
- The most impressive looking boats on the river
- Captains are usually very interested in training, helping crew advance professionally
- Company reimburses for transportation
Cons – - Senior management fires employees for seemingly arbitrary and inconsistent reasons
- Pay employees less than their competetion
- Staff appreciation is mostly lip service, but the company parties are fun
- Often scheduled to work nights, holidays, and weekends
Advice to Senior Management – Understand the sacrifice of your employees and compensate accordingly. Stop sweating the small stuff.
Pros – They pay for the CTA pass.
Some awesome people to work with.
Cons – Nepotism runs Rampant. And I do mean rampant.
Unprofessional and Clueless Upper Management. They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.
Some not-so-awesome people to work with.
Some totally incompetent people get to keep their job no matter how many times they screw up because they are "untouchable."
Negative, money-grubbing attitude permeates the establishment.
Competitors pay more.
Advice to Senior Management – Start caring a little bit more about your employees and spend less time sucking up to the Architecture Foundation. Promote people that deserve it. Try to keep good people around. Tell HR to get a clue. And stop micro-managing.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company