Chick-fil-A Reviews in Athens, GA

Updated July 13, 2014
3.9

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy
Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • They train you to be friendly due to the outstanding customer service training (in 66 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • As with most fast food restaurants, the pay is close to minimum wage (in 31 reviews)

• Not much room for advancement besides owning a store or becoming a corporate big wig (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great organization and great local store in specific. Incredible work experience

Former Employee - Team Member in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extremely flexible hours, generous pay, incredible culture, The managers go above and beyond to invest in their employees and the operator cares about the well-being of all employees. High energy and high expectation environment with regular encouragement and performance based raises

Cons

difficult path to promotion and pay not sustainable for most families unless in operator/ owner position

keep doing a great job of hiring for a great culture and making a consistent investment!

Team member at free standing unit in Athens, GA.

Former Employee - Team Member in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great morale and work environment. Flexible hours, caring leadership and operator. Always felt appreciated.

Cons

Limited opportunity during my time at this particular store to advance/leadership roles because it happened to be a unit known for producing future operators, thus all upper management were individuals with an expressed desire to run their own store one day.

Overworked, underpaid, but a great teamwork environment

Former Employee - Cook in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Cook in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are looking for a high school or college job, Chick-fil-a is a decent place to work. Typically, the staff is younger and very friendly so you are around people who are the same age and can relate to your personal life.

Cons

Chick-fil-a seems to take itself a little bit too seriously. Some top management requirements like saying "may I refresh your beverage" actually sound odd to customers and are highly outdated. In the stores I worked and stores my friends worked, there were two types of employees - those who only got 5 - 10 hours a week and those that were working 40 hours a week. There is very limited room for professional growth within Chick-fil-a unless you prove to your management and operator that you are in it for the long haul as they have high turnover. Although Chick-fil-a definitely strives to be customer-first, their employees very often get forgotten.

Do not take yourself too seriously. Striving for excellence is one thing, but constantly criticizing and critiquing overworked and underpaid college-aged staff is belittling and unsettling. You can provide second-mile service AND treat your employees well at the same time.

It as been a great opportunity to learn things about myself and others.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Athens, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Great opportunity for making a career out of running a restaurant

Cons

My managers are incompetent and the ways that people receive recognition and raises is completely unfair.

Learn to manage.

Good environment, bad pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A

Pros

It is a good work environment. The workers are friendly. Always being closed on Sundays is great. They close relatively early (10pm).

Cons

The supervisor pay and management pay is laughable. The operator will pay as little as possible to maximize his personal profit.

Operators are given too much freedom in terms of the hours they work relative to the amount they take home. My particular operator worked 6 hours a day at most, and paid the management and supervisors spending 40-50 hours per week barely above minimum wage.