Chick-fil-A

Updated Jun 15, 2014

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy

Dan T. Cathy

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Team member at free standing unit in Athens, GA.

Team Member (Former Employee)
    Athens, GA

ProsGreat morale and work environment. Flexible hours, caring leadership and operator. Always felt appreciated.

ConsLimited opportunity during my time at this particular store to advance/leadership roles because it happened to be a unit known for producing future operators, thus all upper management were individuals with an expressed desire to run their own store one day.

Overworked, underpaid, but a great teamwork environment

Cook (Former Employee)
    Athens, GA

ProsIf you are looking for a high school or college job, Chick-fil-a is a decent place to work. Typically, the staff is younger and very friendly so you are around people who are the same age and can relate to your personal life.

ConsChick-fil-a seems to take itself a little bit too seriously. Some top management requirements like saying "may I refresh your beverage" actually sound odd to customers and are highly outdated. In the stores I worked and stores my friends worked, there were two types of employees - those who only got 5 - 10 hours a week and those that were working 40 hours a week. There is very limited room for professional growth within Chick-fil-a unless you prove to your management and operator that you are in it for the long haul as they have high turnover. Although Chick-fil-a definitely strives to be customer-first, their employees very often get forgotten.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not take yourself too seriously. Striving for excellence is one thing, but constantly criticizing and critiquing overworked and underpaid college-aged staff is belittling and unsettling. You can provide second-mile service AND treat your employees well at the same time.

It as been a great opportunity to learn things about myself and others.

Team Leader (Current Employee)
    Athens, GA

ProsGreat opportunity for making a career out of running a restaurant

ConsMy managers are incompetent and the ways that people receive recognition and raises is completely unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good environment, bad pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Athens, GA

ProsIt is a good work environment. The workers are friendly. Always being closed on Sundays is great. They close relatively early (10pm).

ConsThe supervisor pay and management pay is laughable. The operator will pay as little as possible to maximize his personal profit.

Advice to Senior ManagementOperators are given too much freedom in terms of the hours they work relative to the amount they take home. My particular operator worked 6 hours a day at most, and paid the management and supervisors spending 40-50 hours per week barely above minimum wage.

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chick-fil-A reviews and ratings in Athens, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy. All reviews posted anonymously by Chick-fil-A employees.