Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy

Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • Free food , good hours closed on sundays, great pay, People are very friendly(in 28 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service(in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Too stressful for the minimum wage pay(in 30 reviews)

• Management never talked to regular team members about what was going on with the restaurant(in 18 reviews)

Not bad, not the best.

Dining Room Host Leas (Former Employee) Bellevue, NE

ProsCoworkers are nice for the most part, the food is good, customers are usually nice, good reputation in the fast food industry

ConsThere still is grease in the air and it makes a film on your skin, management is not on the same page,

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee feels uncomfortable having their last name on their name tag (ie. random customers add him/her on social media) let him/her only use the first name.

Great work environment and starting job.

Team Member (Current Employee) Ranson, WV

ProsIf looking for a good place to start, Chick-fil-A is great choice. There are opportunities if you pursue them and show the initiative. No other fast food chain beats Chick-fil-A when it comes to customer service and quality of your food.

ConsAs with most fast food restaurants, the pay is close to minimum wage. Wouldn't recommend as a long term job.

Excellent First Job

Supervisor (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsGreat Team atmosphere and easy hours. Work is not difficult and they teach you a lot of great work practices for later in life. Is a truly great training block for a career starter. Not to mention free awesome chicken.

ConsWork is still in the fast food industry and although it is better than McDonald's or Burger King it is still unbearable after a certain point.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keeping on. You run an excellent company that people respect and love.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Caring, Forgiving, Fun

Team Leader (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe manager worked with you and your schedule if you needed flexibility.

ConsReligious affiliated. Closed on Sunday

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it friendly and non religious.

Great place to work

ProsThe team is supportive and looks for movement

ConsI don't have any cons to list

Amazing work environment, & great first job !

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsEvery employee is carefully chosen, well trained, & very welcomed into the big chick-fil-a family. The pay normally starts out a little above minimum wage, & promotions are given to diligent workers ! My hours are amazing ! If I ask to work less, I'm able to work less, or if I want to work more, I'll get scheduled more. Also, college students are able to leave for the school year, but some back & work during the summer... & our store is very supportive of things like long missions trips, & I have the security of knowing that I've still got a job when I come back.
    Our store is so good about keeping up employee moral, & we all really do treat each other like family. First of all, the mangers are good about knowing their employees. They'll also take time to listen to you & your concerns or questions. Then there's the fun stuff. We celebrate every birthday with a cookie cake. We get free Sonic or Starbucks some nights. Sometimes we'll have free ice cream night. Donuts are often sitting in the break room. We'll all go out to eat after work at least 1 night a week just to hang out with each other. Fun activities get planned throughout the year. Things such as Christmas parties, bowling nights, & softball games (our store vs.other stores around the area)... just to name a few. Every team member is a FAMILY member. Trust & care is built between us as chick-fil-a promotes team building in many ways, such as the ways listed above.
    The events for our customers are fun for us also. Daddy-daughter date night... the 5k run... cow appreciation day... these events help us to get more involved with out community, & our raving fans. I should take the time to recall a few years ago before I started working at chick-fil-a... Alabama had some awful storms pass through, & tornadoes destroyed a lot of homes & businesses around our area. I remember joining a friend who worked at chick-fil-a with a group of team members, & helping families clean up their homes, & offering support to them. That's a successful business if you ask me.
    I've been working at chick-fil-a for over a year now... & because of my hard work, I'm looking at a possible promotion. I've also got scholarship opportunities, & I was once told that working for this company will look great on my resumé for future jobs. This is a wonderful place to work.
    I love my chick-fil-a family.

ConsEvery store has its quirks, but nothing in particular to mention.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe sit down & listen to feedback from your employees to help things run more smoothly.

great first job

Cashier At Chick-fil-a (Current Employee) Sherman, TX

ProsI really like how well they work with my schedule. I love having Sundays off. everyone works together as a team

Consit's hard to get a raise. at the one I work for they don't let their employees use coupons or participate in the cow appreciation day or any other special offers. kinda sucks

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsGreat management, friendly co-workers, flexible schedules. This job is great for high school students looking for something part time that fits well within high school schedules. The meals are nice as well, especially for students working after school. We had multiple meetings outside of work that were fun and helped staff grow professionally and get closer together.

ConsTraining can be rushed, still good for students looking for short term.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on training habits. Being put alone in a room to watch a video teaches very little.

Overall, pretty good place to work.

Cashier (Former Employee) Marlton, NJ

ProsWilling to work around your schedule, good managers, discount on food, clean environment, good co-workers, lots to learn.

ConsDidn't pay very much, standing all day, can be really slow or jam packed. Some people do a lot of work while others stand around and talk.

Good customer service

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsFlexibility for employees schedules closed sundays

ConsLack of communication with employees

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication with employees

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!