Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy

Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • Free food , good hours closed on sundays, great pay, People are very friendly(in 28 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service(in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Too stressful for the minimum wage pay(in 30 reviews)

• Management never talked to regular team members about what was going on with the restaurant(in 18 reviews)

Excellent Company and Values!

Team Member (Former Employee) Lawrenceville, GA

ProsGreatly enjoyed working for this company. I learned how to provide excellent customer service in the most efficient way possible. They were extremely flexible with schedule as I played baseball in high school, but still gave me enough hours. I would recommend this job for high school students wanting to get a first job or college students as well. Overall great company to work for.

ConsIf I had to say one con, the pay isn't the best. But at the same time if you consider the experience you are gaining, it definitely out weighs the pay.

Diversified environment to anyone who works there.

Team Member (Current Employee) Weatherford, TX

ProsWorks great with schedules. The management really cares for their employees and their happiness. As many hours as you want depending on people working there. Teaches great leadership

ConsLong shifts. Mostly 10-12 hour shifts. Working close quarters withe everyone there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work. I love it here, but just have managers of stores be more organized on schedules and things being done on time for the restaurant

Great place to work as a teenager

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Palm Beach Gardens, FL

ProsI worked here while in high school between 2007 and 2010. I met many people my age there and while it was a fast paced environment, there was still plenty of time to have fun and enjoy yourself. I was fortunate enough to work with great people and even though my pay was low, I didn't mind much since they were VERY flexible with my schedule and it was something to do besides play video games. Work never interfered with school.

This place wasn't like working at a McDonalds where the employee age spans from 17-70 and everybody had a frowning face. This was a work place run by young people less than 20 years old. The only people over age 20 when I was there were the kitchen workers (all whom everybody loved), the general manager and owner (two different people). They tried really hard to keep all the employees close like a family and I must say it worked. Everybody on the payroll knew everybody and was friendly with everyone. I can't say that all Chick Fil-A's go out of their way this much to hire the best candidates but this particular unit surely did. I'm not exaggerating when I say I made life-long friendships during my time working there.

I can't comment on the opportunities there might be now since I left the company over 4 years ago but I would recommend working here to any teenager in high school especially if the employees seem friendly. I worked specifically at the Gardens Mall in palm beach gardens Florida. Sometimes I go to this store still when I'm in town and even though all but one of the employees from when I worked there remain, it still brings back memories of all the friendships I made during my time spent there. All the faces are just as young and bright as mine was.

The owner (though he may be cheap) really knows how to set the right environment for young people. I'm sure he's not the only Chick Fil-A owner to do this since I'm sure it's a standard.

ConsI was making less than $10/hr even as a shift leader and working there for 3 years. I heard assistant managers made $12/hr. Take that as you will.

Advice to Senior Management50 cent raises didn't excite me. If management is going to give as much responsibility to their shift leaders as they did to me (basically opening/closing the store, counting money, inputting daily sales, locking up, etc) they should at LEAST be paying them $12/hr in my opinion.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company is friendly, but occasionally they disregard employees.

Team Member (Current Employee) Stafford, VA

ProsBreaks are with free food (a meal of your choice). Free drinks. Semi-regular raises. Hours that you may work are VERY flexible. The Company truly cares about customers. This business also has scholarships available to employees.

ConsDifficult customers. Long days and sometimes irregular hours. Standing and walking all day. It gets very hot whether you're in the kitchen or working with the customers. Fast paced environment.

Team Member

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly people, you have schedule requests, and you work for a company that knows what it stands for

ConsOpen on saturdays so you work weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you hire the right team members. They make all the difference when you are there and when you are not present.

Year and a half as an employee.

Team Member (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsThe hours during the summer are awesome. Our management team and operator are great. Its a good company for progressing and "moving up" if you show solid qualities and ability in the store. The more well rounded you are the more opportunities arise.

ConsThe new face to face system should be considered slave labor, and people on the face to face team should have either a wage boost or some type of compensation financially for the misery they are put through (especially in blazing hot summer days in the southeast)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Raises you into the job market!

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are looking for a first job (like I was at the time), this is a great place to start! They will train you to be professional and responsible in the work place, to really treat customers with respect and actually serve them!

ConsThere aren't raises as far as I know. Schedules longer than ten hours don't get nearly enough break time, so people go hungry.

Great organization and great local store in specific. Incredible work experience

Team Member (Former Employee) Athens, GA

ProsExtremely flexible hours, generous pay, incredible culture, The managers go above and beyond to invest in their employees and the operator cares about the well-being of all employees. High energy and high expectation environment with regular encouragement and performance based raises

Consdifficult path to promotion and pay not sustainable for most families unless in operator/ owner position

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing a great job of hiring for a great culture and making a consistent investment!

Awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, especially for high school students getting their first job. Consistently pays above minimum wage, also do give raises. Provided free food to employees. 2 days off a week.

ConsLots of high school students who wouldn't show up for shifts or would cancel at the last minute without finding a replacement, so often asked to work a double shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Hard and Stressful Work for Comparatively Low Pay

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsThe staff are all very kind and considerate, both toward the customers and the other employees. In my time working here I've actually made a few lasting relationships. They make every day a worthwhile experience, even when there's a line out the door for a solid 4 hours. For the usual crowd during my shift they are all like a family, and actually hang out outside of work.

ConsThe amount of work that is expected for the pay that we receive. Personally, I know that I'm making more than nearly any other team member, and more than most team leaders, but that doesn't mean much. One person's order still costs more than how much I'm making an hour. Also, the way that all the managers and team leaders watch the team members for any faults and flaws in how they do their jobs. I even overheard two managers complaining about a team member for being "too sure of himself." I've happened to know that person for the past 12 years, and I know that it isn't true. Lastly, basing an employee's work ethic off of a stranger's review isn't fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up on the constant watching of team members. I'm sure the desired goal wasn't to recreate a Big Brother environment, but that's what has been established. The owner of my restraint has been known to monitor the security cameras for entire nights to watch how team members behave and act.

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!