Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy

Dan T. Cathy

Pros:
  • "Free food , good hours closed on sundays, great pay, People are very friendly"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Customer service at CFA is key and is a very useful program to master for later jobs"
    in 41 reviews
Cons:
  • "50 which was barely over minimum wage"
    in 27 reviews
  • "The lack of authenticity among team members"
    in 16 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Loved it. The company is what it says it is!

Cashier At Chick-fil-a (Former Employee)
Brandon, FL

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for less than a year

ProsMostly good customers, decent management and good discounts for its workers. Good training for its cashiers

ConsAt the end of the day it's retail/fast food so you have to be ok with many customers, fast-paced environment and high demand during rushes. So although it's a good company, at the end of the day, retail restaurant atmosphere is what it is!

Best company I have ever been employed at!!

Marketing Assistant (Former Employee)
Bethlehem, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat family values, works with you and treats you like more than just a 9 to 5 employee. You feel like part of a family when working there.

ConsThe occasional unsatisfied customer. You will see this in any restaurant business, some people are impossible to please.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the ideas and thoughts of the little guys, they have some of the best ideas sometimes that could take you to the next level.

Great company and great staff that operate a fun work environment.

Cashier Drive Thru (Former Employee)
Sicklerville, NJ

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for less than a year

ProsThe fellow staff are fun to work with and supervisors are easy to work under. Personal growth is accelerated if you have a strong work ethic and apply all of the values Chick-fil-A has. Perks such as employee discounts and uniforms were excellent.

ConsCompensation and pay raises over time could have been better. Management was very "off and on" with how many hours they would give you one week to the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe offer guaranteed pay raises, other than that my experience was excellent.

I began as a cashier and through a series of promotions became a manager in a few years, while still in college.

Chick-fil-A Management (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFantastic company. Personable. Management truly cares about employees. Training is effective and timely, and the company is flexible with scheduling and personal issues.

ConsSchedule varies according to restaurant sales. No other cons! Love Chick-fil-A.

Amazing job

Team Member (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for less than a year

ProsIf you've never had a job, chick fil a is an amazing place to work for your first job. They teach you so much about customer service and having manners.

ConsAbsolutely nothing is a con

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time

ProsFast paced. Always changing. Great boss and amazing co workers. You learn everything and anything there is to know about running a large and successful business. Their standards and values keep them above all the competition. Great corporate support. The company cares about you and your family's well being.

ConsThere is only so many opportunities for advancement before it is time to move on. Training = Own your own development, which can be positive and negative. Being a part of the shift 95-100% of your time makes it difficult to make necessary moves. Guests are difficult.

Awesome co-workers, great environment.

Crew Member (Former Employee)
Burlington, NC

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay is above minimum wage, generally great co-workers, managers truly care about employees. They stand by their morals and values.

ConsCustomers can be challenging, but you are expected to give service with a smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay close attention to workers and recognize those who work hard, take extra shifts, etc with bonuses or promotions rather than just a sticky note pinned to a cork board.

Administrative Staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time

ProsVery positive employees that are willing to help out. Most of the people that work there genuinely care about your life. Nice pay, as well.

ConsNot a very progressive company, not only in their religious beliefs. Seem to be stuck in very conservative and traditional ways of operating, even when there are better options.

Good while in college

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Greenville, SC

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible schedule and a great environment. Closed on Sundays. The operator program is highly competitive but one of the best programs for advancement for a zero experience needed job.

ConsFast food! You feel greasy all of the time. It gets very busy and fast paced.

My experience was very positive for my first job.

Team Member (Former Employee)
Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible schedule, decent pay, a lot of co-workers, understanding, positive atmosphere

Conseveryone dated everyone. it was weird

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chick-fil-A reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy. All 531 reviews posted anonymously by Chick-fil-A employees.