Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy

Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • Free food , good hours closed on sundays, great pay, People are very friendly(in 28 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service(in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Too stressful for the minimum wage pay(in 30 reviews)

• Management never talked to regular team members about what was going on with the restaurant(in 18 reviews)

Year and a half as an employee.

Team Member (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsThe hours during the summer are awesome. Our management team and operator are great. Its a good company for progressing and "moving up" if you show solid qualities and ability in the store. The more well rounded you are the more opportunities arise.

ConsThe new face to face system should be considered slave labor, and people on the face to face team should have either a wage boost or some type of compensation financially for the misery they are put through (especially in blazing hot summer days in the southeast)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

The company is friendly, but occasionally they disregard employees.

Team Member (Current Employee) Stafford, VA

ProsBreaks are with free food (a meal of your choice). Free drinks. Semi-regular raises. Hours that you may work are VERY flexible. The Company truly cares about customers. This business also has scholarships available to employees.

ConsDifficult customers. Long days and sometimes irregular hours. Standing and walking all day. It gets very hot whether you're in the kitchen or working with the customers. Fast paced environment.

Raises you into the job market!

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are looking for a first job (like I was at the time), this is a great place to start! They will train you to be professional and responsible in the work place, to really treat customers with respect and actually serve them!

ConsThere aren't raises as far as I know. Schedules longer than ten hours don't get nearly enough break time, so people go hungry.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great organization and great local store in specific. Incredible work experience

Team Member (Former Employee) Athens, GA

ProsExtremely flexible hours, generous pay, incredible culture, The managers go above and beyond to invest in their employees and the operator cares about the well-being of all employees. High energy and high expectation environment with regular encouragement and performance based raises

Consdifficult path to promotion and pay not sustainable for most families unless in operator/ owner position

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing a great job of hiring for a great culture and making a consistent investment!

Awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, especially for high school students getting their first job. Consistently pays above minimum wage, also do give raises. Provided free food to employees. 2 days off a week.

ConsLots of high school students who wouldn't show up for shifts or would cancel at the last minute without finding a replacement, so often asked to work a double shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Hard and Stressful Work for Comparatively Low Pay

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsThe staff are all very kind and considerate, both toward the customers and the other employees. In my time working here I've actually made a few lasting relationships. They make every day a worthwhile experience, even when there's a line out the door for a solid 4 hours. For the usual crowd during my shift they are all like a family, and actually hang out outside of work.

ConsThe amount of work that is expected for the pay that we receive. Personally, I know that I'm making more than nearly any other team member, and more than most team leaders, but that doesn't mean much. One person's order still costs more than how much I'm making an hour. Also, the way that all the managers and team leaders watch the team members for any faults and flaws in how they do their jobs. I even overheard two managers complaining about a team member for being "too sure of himself." I've happened to know that person for the past 12 years, and I know that it isn't true. Lastly, basing an employee's work ethic off of a stranger's review isn't fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up on the constant watching of team members. I'm sure the desired goal wasn't to recreate a Big Brother environment, but that's what has been established. The owner of my restraint has been known to monitor the security cameras for entire nights to watch how team members behave and act.

Not bad, not the best.

Dining Room Host Leas (Former Employee) Bellevue, NE

ProsCoworkers are nice for the most part, the food is good, customers are usually nice, good reputation in the fast food industry

ConsThere still is grease in the air and it makes a film on your skin, management is not on the same page,

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee feels uncomfortable having their last name on their name tag (ie. random customers add him/her on social media) let him/her only use the first name.

Great work environment and starting job.

Team Member (Current Employee) Ranson, WV

ProsIf looking for a good place to start, Chick-fil-A is great choice. There are opportunities if you pursue them and show the initiative. No other fast food chain beats Chick-fil-A when it comes to customer service and quality of your food.

ConsAs with most fast food restaurants, the pay is close to minimum wage. Wouldn't recommend as a long term job.

Amazing work environment, & great first job !

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsEvery employee is carefully chosen, well trained, & very welcomed into the big chick-fil-a family. The pay normally starts out a little above minimum wage, & promotions are given to diligent workers ! My hours are amazing ! If I ask to work less, I'm able to work less, or if I want to work more, I'll get scheduled more. Also, college students are able to leave for the school year, but some back & work during the summer... & our store is very supportive of things like long missions trips, & I have the security of knowing that I've still got a job when I come back.
    Our store is so good about keeping up employee moral, & we all really do treat each other like family. First of all, the mangers are good about knowing their employees. They'll also take time to listen to you & your concerns or questions. Then there's the fun stuff. We celebrate every birthday with a cookie cake. We get free Sonic or Starbucks some nights. Sometimes we'll have free ice cream night. Donuts are often sitting in the break room. We'll all go out to eat after work at least 1 night a week just to hang out with each other. Fun activities get planned throughout the year. Things such as Christmas parties, bowling nights, & softball games (our store vs.other stores around the area)... just to name a few. Every team member is a FAMILY member. Trust & care is built between us as chick-fil-a promotes team building in many ways, such as the ways listed above.
    The events for our customers are fun for us also. Daddy-daughter date night... the 5k run... cow appreciation day... these events help us to get more involved with out community, & our raving fans. I should take the time to recall a few years ago before I started working at chick-fil-a... Alabama had some awful storms pass through, & tornadoes destroyed a lot of homes & businesses around our area. I remember joining a friend who worked at chick-fil-a with a group of team members, & helping families clean up their homes, & offering support to them. That's a successful business if you ask me.
    I've been working at chick-fil-a for over a year now... & because of my hard work, I'm looking at a possible promotion. I've also got scholarship opportunities, & I was once told that working for this company will look great on my resumé for future jobs. This is a wonderful place to work.
    I love my chick-fil-a family.

ConsEvery store has its quirks, but nothing in particular to mention.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe sit down & listen to feedback from your employees to help things run more smoothly.

Excellent First Job

Supervisor (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsGreat Team atmosphere and easy hours. Work is not difficult and they teach you a lot of great work practices for later in life. Is a truly great training block for a career starter. Not to mention free awesome chicken.

ConsWork is still in the fast food industry and although it is better than McDonald's or Burger King it is still unbearable after a certain point.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keeping on. You run an excellent company that people respect and love.

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!