Chick-fil-A Reviews

Reset
3.9
Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy
Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • training that applies everywhere (customer service) (in 69 reviews)

• Friendly work environment with understanding management (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Too stressful for the minimum wage pay (in 32 reviews)

• There was some room for advancement in my position but I felt college was more important so I was not able to become manager (in 11 reviews)

1,186 Employee Reviews

1. Semi Worth It

Former Employee - Cashier in Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tyler, TX

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great environment to learn and build relationships, especially with guests. It's always a pleasure to walk in and see such joy.

Cons

Some team leaders take the wrong advantage of their position therefore coming across as cocky and rude.

Advice to Management

Hear out your employees to male your business thrive. They have great ideas and could help in the long run. Just show them that they are appreciated and that you care.

2. Quality

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A

Pros

These are one of the best fast food. Honestly, I don't consider it fast food

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Great job

3. Current Manager

I have been working at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Great work environment. My coworkers at CFA are truly my family and I have created lasting relationships.

Cons

Customer is ALWAYS right and this can be bad for the business financially because customers take advantage of CFA.
    This is not typically a disadvantage to workers, just frustrating.

5. Team Member

Former Employee - Team Member in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Tampa, FL

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chick-Fil-A really cares about its employees! While working in a customer service had its ups and downs, the managers were always invested in service: to our customers, making sure the employees were treated with respect and well taken care of.

Cons

Like I said, Chick-Fil-A is INVESTED in service. If a customer wasn't happy, I was told to take a hefty slice of humble pie and remake the order--over and over and over again. As an employee, that was the only downside. Order your food exactly how you want it people.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees; encourage transparency; if they're doing it wrong, DEMONSTRATE, not scold; and please please please lead by example. We work at the pace that you do. We strive to be like you, promise.

6. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Hamilton, NJ
    Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Hamilton, NJ

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice, pleasant, friendly, and helpful. The way they run it is very efficient. They are are always plenty of people working, so you are either on register, in dining room, on drive-thru, or making orders the whole time, with no need to switch between jobs in the middle of a shift, which often happens at food places in my experience. This makes it easier and more pleasant for us, and makes the customers happy because they get their food faster and the dining stays cleaner. If you make some small mistakes, it's not a big deal. They are kind and help you to do better, instead of getting mad at you for it. They are flexible with your schedule and if they make a mistake they fix it. They have a lot of managers and we are never short-staffed. You get 8 dollars of free food every shift and they pay for your whole uniform, except for black socks, which are really cheap. They are also closed on Sundays, so you always have that day off.

Cons

None I can think of, except the ones that apply to any job of this kind: you have to stand on your feet the whole shift and it can get boring when it's slow. Also, they usually start you at minimum wage, but so do a lot of places that hire teenagers.

Advice to Management

Make sure to return calls when you say you will and fix the application system so that it doesn't send out erroneous and conflicting automated emails to applicants, as it did for. This was confusing for me and made me think that I had already been rejected before the manager had even looked at my application.

Amazing

Former Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a in Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a in Summerville, SC

I worked at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Great food. G O O D J OB ! I LOVE THE FROZEN LEMONADE .

Cons

Do we really need another fast food resteraunt

8. Chick-Fil-A

I have been working at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Very flexible in regards to the schedule. The co-workers are very patient and passionate about their work and employees are encouraged to give away free food every shift.

Cons

Always fast-paced work environment. Must be able to work quick on your feet for long periods of time.

9. Kitchen team member

I worked at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Really friendly place to work

Cons

None that I can think of

10. Chick-fil-a Life

Current Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work is always a good thing. The people I work with are willing to help you when you are in need of assistance or stock you up on items needed to complete orders.

Cons

Sometimes we run out of product and our guests get upset at us for this inconvenience. However, we are not able to determine store volume from a day to day or week to week basis, we cannot order enough of product and often times run out.

Advice to Management

Possibly order more during the week or figure in that we are getting more guests than we had in the past and figure in more volume.

Great Opportunity For Service

Current Employee - Team Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A (More than a year)

Pros

Team Oriented, Professional, Fast Paced

Cons

Limited availability for salary pay, Limited opportunity for corporate advancement

Showing 1,186 of 1,201 reviews