Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

3.8

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy
Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • Free food , good hours closed on sundays, great pay, People are very friendly (in 28 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Too stressful for the minimum wage pay (in 30 reviews)

• Management never talked to regular team members about what was going on with the restaurant (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

It has been a wholesome experience that has taught me leadership, service, and quality beyond all expectations.

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Canton, GA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Canton, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Chick Fil A 2,000 scholarship for $1,000.
    The social mobility within the company.
    Flexible scheduling

Cons

Office culture, religion plays too big of a role
    You aren't allowed to feel bad, like if you had a bad experience you have to smile no matter what
    Depending on the location, sexual harrassment

Let people have their bad days, I am an imperfect person and I want to be allowed to express frustration behind closed doors without being privately reprimanded

Crew Member

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Frisco, TX

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had an amazing time, being employed at this company. Great friends, great food, and an altogether, great high school experience. Emphasized great team work skills, and the importance of working with everyone.

Cons

Some of the managers were very sexist, and would use their power for the wrong reasons. We didn't get discount, and most of the promotional items, were full price for us. The franchise I worked for, seemed to be greedy, and rarely gave out raises. but they would work us, until our feet blistered.

Compensation, work-lide balance, and less of the sexism. No girl or woman, wants to come to work, feeling uncomfortable. Don't touch us inappropriately and don't make double entendre.

Good place to work even though it is hard work

Former Employee - Kitchen Team Member  in  Pembroke Pines, FL
    Former Employee - Kitchen Team Member in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management is top notch and they are great leaders who know how to show employees the ropes. Learning how to use the equipment is not difficult. The other employees are generally helpful and friendly

Cons

The work is very difficult and stressful. Everything is down to the second so the clock will make your day stressful. Also the job is physically demanding. The hours are long and hard.

Make it easier to get less hours if an employee needs it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience helped me feel prepared for jobs after Chick-fil-A.

I worked at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere. Feels like you are working with a family who actually cares. Keeps you busy.

Cons

Very fast paced. You have to be able to stay calm and multitask during busy times. But staying busy isn't necessarily a con.

Started out as a great place to work... Now their true colors are revealed..

I have been working at Chick-fil-A for more than a year

Pros

The staff are usually quite pleasant to work with. We are closed on Sundays because Chick Fil-A is built on Christian values. The food is delicious and kind of healthy.

Cons

Management doesn't really treat staff fairly. Raises are not performance based. There is a lot of hard work that goes on in the kitchen and employees don't get proper breaks if at all sometimes, and usually have to stay later than scheduled.

Be more careful of who you decide to put in positions of authority. Let employees take at least 5-15 min paid breaks.

Dedicated to great food and friendly customer service

Current Employee - Hostess  in  Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Hostess in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time for less than a year

Pros

A very friendly working environment. Don't know if it's just Chick-Fil-A in general or this location, but most of my co-workers are dedicated, friendly, and hard-working. Work-life balance is important to the company and they will totally understand if you need time off. Promotions are based on performance is what I've heard but not confirmed yet.

Cons

Scheduling is not as flexible as it could be - should have a better system of trading hours if unavailable, like people dropping and picking up hours online.

general manager

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Avon, IN
    Former Employee - General Manager in Avon, IN

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great teamwork and quality of people, learn a lot about leadership and outstanding customer service

Cons

No benefits, low salary, if you don't click with team you will not be given a lot of working hours. highly turnover.

I love this company and their Christian values. Yet some of the owners are not exemplary Christians.
    Salary is very low making this job mainly for single (not married) individuals.
    I was general manager for 4 years hoping for the opportunity to be an owner but I was not given a hand to go through the process and I moved on to another place with better salary.

It is Very respectable.

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Slidell, LA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Slidell, LA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a Christian atmospere.

Cons

It still is fast food.

Never stop noticing everything thats going on

Great work place with great leadership!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment. Most of the managers and leaders are considerate and nice. It's a great place to become a leader and to learn. Although it isn't a sit-in restaurant, the service and quality of food can easily be compared to a dine-in restaurant.

Cons

The job can be stressful at times especially during peak hours from 7am-8am. 11am-2pm. 6pm-7pm. Early work ours, typically from 5 am. Late work hours, typically until 11pm.

I would like to see more team members trained to be leaders.

Amazing place to work

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Moreno Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn how to have great customer service, you work in an environment where high energy people thrive and are extremely generous. It's a great place to start and get many opportunities to move up.

Cons

The customers are sometimes rude. But the management seems to take care of them pretty well.

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!