Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy

Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • Free food , good hours closed on sundays, great pay, People are very friendly (in 28 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Too stressful for the minimum wage pay (in 30 reviews)

• Management never talked to regular team members about what was going on with the restaurant (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Great!

Cashier (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsCoworkers were nice and the owner was very nice as well!

ConsThere was not enough training in other positions besides cashier

Friendly environment with great people.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Bradenton, FL

ProsThe people you work with are definitely the best. Because of the Chick-fil-A standards the people are the highest quality and make the job really enjoyable.

ConsBeing in a quick service restaurant can be stressful and there are limitations to how much you can move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. When you have a good one, offer raises in order to keep them instead of always waiting to be asked.

Great Environment - Low Financial Reward

Store Director (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsAt Chick-fil-a, so much of the experience is determined by the individual operator and their personal preference for how hey run their business. The best part about Chick-fil-A is the people. We seek to attract and build a team of people who genuinely want to serve others, grow as leaders, and produce and amazing product and experience for our guests.

It takes time, but be guests can feel it. We work hard, we work consistently, and in the end more come back than leave forever.

ConsOnce again, people will top this list. Particularly when people are hired out of necessity of a body, rather than because they have the skill or attitude that we are looki for. Rarely do people call back or pull you aside to tell you how good a job you have done, it is most often the individual who drive into the closer drive thru lane but wants to verbally castigate you and your team for not serving them as soon as they pulled up.

One thing I have learned about myself in the process of working at Chick-fil-A is how much I need to see the fruit of my labor to feel good at the end if the day. At CFA it is not a project or something you construct, but relationship with guests that can only be seen in their eyes when they walk in and you great then by name.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough almost every store is operated by a different individual, the team members I have come to work with at each of the Chick-fil-A's I have worked at have shared with me how rarely they feel valued by the Operator, GM or Store Director. Although they recognize that it is important for each person to do what only they can do, so that everyone else can better perform the tasks that they are equipped to do, (ie. cast a vision, give direction, hold people accountable to standards, etc) simple things like greeting them, knowing their names, giving regular feedback on performance and areas of improvement are significant and go a long way to improve the moral and performance in the stores. Although money helps and it is ultimately what the employees are there to earn, it is not always about money.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So much opportunity, great company to work for.

Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) Rocky River, OH

ProsMy boss was great, opportunities to move up in the company were always available. One of the best jobs I had, taught me a lot about leadership and dedication.

ConsOn my feet a lot, and no benefits, but the training and promotions I received where almost enough to make up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a benefit program so that owners can reward their management teams for the many, long and hard hours they put in.

Good place for students

Crew Member (Current Employee) Davie, FL

ProsSomewhat flexible hours. Sundays off. You can move up to better positions if you work hard.

ConsVery strict for fast food.

Great place for a teenager!

Team Member (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsVery flexible, free food during break, fun environment

ConsAt the particular location that I worked at, the marketing manager was an absolute jerk! He made working there so terrible. Plus, after working there for 3 years, I received no raise even though I requested one. I was always on time and worked harder than most of my coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give raises to the workers that are loyal and hardworking, it's hard to survive on minimum wage.

A friendly, yet weird place to work.

Cashier (Current Employee) Hickory, NC

ProsThey are closed on Sundays and are flexible with your schedule.

ConsRush hours are very busy and seem overwhelming; but with time will become easier to work in.

An overall positive experience so far, but there always bumps along the way in any job.

Team Service Member (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, VA

ProsGreat leadership skills are taught, fantastic job history and reputation coming from just the name itself, a great first job.

ConsExtremely stressful, not a good job to keep for to long.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to listen more to those under you, list to their complaints and suggestions a bit more.

Excellent Company and Values!

Team Member (Former Employee) Lawrenceville, GA

ProsGreatly enjoyed working for this company. I learned how to provide excellent customer service in the most efficient way possible. They were extremely flexible with schedule as I played baseball in high school, but still gave me enough hours. I would recommend this job for high school students wanting to get a first job or college students as well. Overall great company to work for.

ConsIf I had to say one con, the pay isn't the best. But at the same time if you consider the experience you are gaining, it definitely out weighs the pay.

Diversified environment to anyone who works there.

Team Member (Current Employee) Weatherford, TX

ProsWorks great with schedules. The management really cares for their employees and their happiness. As many hours as you want depending on people working there. Teaches great leadership

ConsLong shifts. Mostly 10-12 hour shifts. Working close quarters withe everyone there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work. I love it here, but just have managers of stores be more organized on schedules and things being done on time for the restaurant

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!