Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy

Dan T. Cathy

Pros:
  • "Free food , good hours closed on sundays, great pay, People are very friendly"
    in 27 reviews
  • "A professional work environment and lots of room to move up into management positions"
    in 39 reviews
Cons:
  • "The only raise I've gotten is when minimum wage went up"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Management never talked to regular team members about what was going on with the restaurant"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I began as a cashier and through a series of promotions became a manager in a few years, while still in college.

Chick-fil-A Management (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFantastic company. Personable. Management truly cares about employees. Training is effective and timely, and the company is flexible with scheduling and personal issues.

ConsSchedule varies according to restaurant sales. No other cons! Love Chick-fil-A.

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time

ProsFast paced. Always changing. Great boss and amazing co workers. You learn everything and anything there is to know about running a large and successful business. Their standards and values keep them above all the competition. Great corporate support. The company cares about you and your family's well being.

ConsThere is only so many opportunities for advancement before it is time to move on. Training = Own your own development, which can be positive and negative. Being a part of the shift 95-100% of your time makes it difficult to make necessary moves. Guests are difficult.

Good while in college

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Greenville, SC

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible schedule and a great environment. Closed on Sundays. The operator program is highly competitive but one of the best programs for advancement for a zero experience needed job.

ConsFast food! You feel greasy all of the time. It gets very busy and fast paced.

Amazing job

Team Member (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for less than a year

ProsIf you've never had a job, chick fil a is an amazing place to work for your first job. They teach you so much about customer service and having manners.

ConsAbsolutely nothing is a con

Awesome co-workers, great environment.

Crew Member (Former Employee)
Burlington, NC

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay is above minimum wage, generally great co-workers, managers truly care about employees. They stand by their morals and values.

ConsCustomers can be challenging, but you are expected to give service with a smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay close attention to workers and recognize those who work hard, take extra shifts, etc with bonuses or promotions rather than just a sticky note pinned to a cork board.

Administrative Staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time

ProsVery positive employees that are willing to help out. Most of the people that work there genuinely care about your life. Nice pay, as well.

ConsNot a very progressive company, not only in their religious beliefs. Seem to be stuck in very conservative and traditional ways of operating, even when there are better options.

Great Place to Work

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than 5 years

ProsUnparalleled benefits, great working environment with people who care about your success. Very family oriented with great work life balance. Committed to service. Great opportunities for learning and development.

ConsCan sometimes be slow to adopt change. Frequent promotions etc do not happen as often as some other places. Compensation may be a little lower, but the benefits more than make up the difference.

My experience was very positive for my first job.

Team Member (Former Employee)
Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible schedule, decent pay, a lot of co-workers, understanding, positive atmosphere

Conseveryone dated everyone. it was weird

It is great

Director of Operations (Current Employee)
Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere. Always putting customers first

ConsCan be difficult to grow, but the opportunity is there

Advice to Senior ManagementMore bonus pay for employees based on various incentives

Awesome

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time

ProsGreat management that reallly cares about people and putting out a great product.

ConsIt was a high school job and really nothing more, no real avenues for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstitute some manner of pathway to owner/operator status for qualified junior employees.

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chick-fil-A reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy. All 527 reviews posted anonymously by Chick-fil-A employees.